WED, 3PM ET
STO
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

New England Revolution vs Manchester United: Roll Call

UPDATED: On July 13, Manchester United will set foot on the pitch at Gillette Stadium near Boston to play its first of five friendlies across the United States.

The first match against New England Revolution will kick off at 8pm ET on Wednesday, July 13. Are you going? If so, post a comment below in our roll call and let us know. If you haven’t bought a ticket yet, they’re still available. And if you’re a passionate Manchester United supporter who wants to sit (or stand) in the “United” section, visit Ticketmaster, select “Man United Supporters” from the drop-down list and you’re just a few steps away from purchasing your tickets online.

Also be sure to join in the festivities on Tuesday, July 12. Manchester United legends Bryan Robson and Andrew Cole will be at the Banshee Club from 6pm-7pm, and at British Beer Company from 8:30-9:30pm.

To RSVP for the event at Banshee Bar, please send an email to legends@oneunitedusa.com with you and your guest’s name in the subject line.

If you’re an EPL Talk reader who’s interested in meeting up with fellow EPL Talk readers (and Manchester United supporters), let everyone know in the comments section below.

Also, if you’re interested in taking photographs before, during and after the game for EPL Talk or writing a story about the experience of going to see Manchester United in person, let me know in the comments section. I’d love to post many of the photos and stories on this site.

After Manchester United kicks off their first game of the 2011 summer tour, the remaining friendlies in the United States are:

• Seattle Sounders, Qwest Field, Seattle, July 20
  • Chicago Fire, Soldier Field, Chicago, July 23
  • MLS All-Star team, Red Bull Arena, New Jersey, July 27
  • Barcelona, FedEx Field, Washington DC, July 30
This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to New England Revolution vs Manchester United: Roll Call

1. Matt says:

I believe the game is Wednesday July 13th, not Tuesday July 12th.

• monica raposo says:

I will be at the practice with united on the 12th cause I bought VIP tickets and then the game the next day. I’ll take pics with the players and post.

2. Les says:

I’m going to the Man U game at Gillette. It will be my first match featuring a Premier League team and I’m really looking forward to it! Let me know what you need and I’ll be happy to take some photos and write something.

3. I don’t think Bryan Robson has ever left a bar after one hour in his life! :)

4. ChicagoBrian says:

I’ll be at the Match in Chicago! Hope for similar opportunities there!

5. Marc says:

I am taking my 5 year old to the match. He is a big Giggs fan. I have to check my ticket but I thought the match on on Wednesday the 13th?

• The Gaffer says:

Marc, correct, it’s 7/14, not 7/13. I fixed the typo.

• harry says:

Gaffer, I have 2 questions

1. How does one go about joining a Man Utd fan club in the US

2. What’s the best way to safely contact some of the people on this board and possibly we all can meet before the games, get a few pics and then post on this site? it would be kind of cool to see some of the fans at the game that posts here.

• The Gaffer says:

Harry,

1) Visit oneunitedusa.com
          2) Best bet is to post in the comments thread below and suggest a time and place to meet up with fellow EPL Talk readers. If you guys can take a photo together and send it into me at thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com, I’ll definitely post it!

6. Drew M. says:

I’ll be there… now should I wear my Revs jersey or my Liverpool…

7. Andrew says:

I’m going to it. It’ll be my third time seeing United. First time was at Old Trafford against Newcastle in 1999, where Andy Cole scored 4 goals in a 5-1 win. Second time was in 2003 at Giants Stadium against Juventus where United won 4-1.

I would love to meet Andy and Bryan.

8. Kevin says:

Going…think I’ll wear my Chelsea jersey!

9. Harry says:

I am going to the game in DC at the end of the month!!! Anyone else from MD/DC/VA area also going?

10. Tayo says:

Hey Harry, my roommate and his gf are United fans, they will be attending the match, we are like 16 miles away from FedEx Field. On a side note it grinds my gears when they say FedEx Field is in Washington DC. Yes its close to dc, yes the Washington Redskins play there but the actual city is Landover, Maryland. I guess that does not sound good enough. Arrgh, even CNN does that too, whenever there is breaking news in Maryland and its close to DC, they automatically call it Washington DC. We also deserve a lil recognition here you know….

• Harry says:

EXACTLY!!! The Deadskins (I am a thru and thru Ravens fan) play IN MARYLAND . They practice in VIRGINIA, there is nothing Washington DC-ish about them!

• Nik Arur says:

Do you guys realize that plenty of professional sports teams don’t play in the cities themselves? There isn’t enough space for a stadium like FedEx Field in Washington, D.C., that’s why it’s in Landover. Just like New Meadowlands Stadium is in East Rutherford, NJ, Cowboys Stadium is in Arlington, TX, Gillette Stadium is in Foxborough, MA etc….Don’t be so sensitive about it. And before you say something like I “don’t understand,” I’m from Northern Virginia so I’m in the exact same situation as you.

• Harry says:

Duh, yeah we DO realize that.

And I give my Juts and Giants fans HELL about it often.

But there IS one hol ein your argument, the Patriots are from where? NEW ENGLAND, that means they can play anywhere in that area and it wouldn’t matter. And really, there is NO SPACE??? HMmmmmm…the nats seem to have no problem and uuuuhhhhhh….RFK is where the Skins played for years. Now let’s be real on this. Theoretically, they could demolish RFK and rebuild a new stadium but a few things keeps that from happening, One being that the surrounding neighborhood is NOT the optimal place for a brand new shiny stadium, another being that if I remember, the Skins ownership originally took out a 20 year lease to play at FedEx (and there was a rumor about trying to bring them back into DC) and lastly (not to mention least importantly to the average joe here anyways) it would put DC United out of a home.

And to your last comment, since I am not the team affected by it, I am not sensitive by this, it’s the fans that make me laugh when this topic gets trotted out.

• RaiderRich says:

Some people seem to be clueless on the concept of a “metropolitan area”

• RaiderRich says:

Also, It’s a bit surprising that no City fans have been on here to point out that MU doesn’t play in the City of Manchester proper either, techinically they play in the borough of Trafford, which is in the Manchester metro area.

11. Slugs says:

I will be there

12. Tom says:

Bryan Robson, Andrew Cole, Denis Irwin will be at Fado Irish Pub in Chicago July 23 9:30-10:30am

13. RedMD says:

Heading to section 109…prawn sandwich in hand, though it was all ticketmaster would sell me! Won’t be a 3pm k.o. v. Hull City, but should be interesting…

Lindegaard
    R da Silva Smalling Vidic F da Silva
    Nani Cleverly Fletcher Young
    Rooney Owen

14. Soko says:

I am college student currently living in Tampa Fl, I’m flying all the way to Boston to watch this game and the practice then flying back 2 Florida @ 7a.m. the next morning to take my mid-term exams….I’ve been watching Man Utd most of my life since 1997 (Im 20yrs old) and never had the chance to watch them live…and i wouldnt mind writing on the occasion

15. Nik Arur says:

I’ll be at the United/Barca game at FedEx….hoping for some Champions League redemption, even if it is just a friendly.

16. MUFC77 says:

Traveling up to NY/NJ from Philly for the all-star game then down to DC for the Barca game. Would love to have our new central midfielder in place for the tour to give him time to gel with the team. Dont really care about the scores just looking for a good performance from the team.

17. dkptiger says:

I believe the United Legends Tour events are only for One United members and when you RSVP for your invitation you will be required to show your membership. It even says on the website “Only available to individuals subscribed to membership for the 2011/12 season”.

18. MUFC PENN says:

Will be there on the 12th for the night before events. Traveling from PA to all the games actually. (Anyone fellow reds in PA?) Looking forward to Boston and the events the night before. If your a United fan being a member of OneUnitedUSA is must. My Dream July wouldn’t be possible without them.
    GGMU

19. Mark says:

Will be at all the games with the exception of Seattle. The next month is going to be crazy.

20. Mohamed Abdi says:

21. Mohamed Abdi says:

I’m going to the Man U game at Gillette.I always watch thier game on the screen. This will be my first apportiunity to watch my team live right in the studium. It will be my first match featuring a Premier League team and i was waiting this. It come to be my blood team. I really want to take pictures with my stars. I’m really looking forward to it! Let me know how i can make that possible. what you need me to do. I will really be happy to take some photos and write something

22. J says:

I’m going in my Spurs shirt !

23. CambridgeGirl says:

If I wear my ManU knickers to The Banshee, you think Bryan Robson and Andrew Cole will sign them? …..wait a min….will Ray?

24. Dools says:

I’ll be there as well, Gaffer. I can send along pictures or a write-up if you’d like.

Kevin

25. MUFCforlife says:

I know you got a lot of volunteers already, but I’ll be at the game too and would love to write an article about the game.

26. Chris says:

Hey, everybody! I’d like to say that I’ll definitely be going to the revs vs. Man U game! I can’t tell you how excited I am to be going to this match, this is my first major sports event that I’ve ever attended, and not to mention, its of my favorite team Manchester United, i’m gonna be sitting in section 134 so if anyone here sits there as well, you’ll see me! And gaffer i’ll be happy to take pictures for you to post, i’ll be taking many since this is my first game! Thank you!

27. RaiderRich says:

This is the problem with soccer in America. The only time you Eurosnobs, and hipsters can be asked to see an MLS game is if it’s against a foreign club. Not only that, you’re falling all over yourselves asking “Oh, how can I be a supporter of this foreign club.” Feeding the EPL leech, that’s all you’re doing

Furthermore, you’re never going to be considered a “true” fan of Manchester United anyway if you live here in America. First off, you’re American. In their eyes, that’s a strike against you. The vast majority of you can’t afford to fly across the pond to Old Trafford for games. Most of you didn’t grow up in the Manchester area, and that’s a strike against you too. So give up this notion that you’ll be truly accepted as a MU fan (or a fan of any other foreign club for that matter). It’s a waste of your time and money because all you’re going to be is a poser and a front runner.

• James says:

I don’t understand why the “you’re not from Manchester, so you’re not a real Manchester United fan” tirade, and others like it, keep popping up on these boards. Everyone has their own reasons for liking whatever team/club that they like. Admittedly, I’m an American MUFC fan, and I think I’m justified in my own right for being one.

So if I don’t want to waste my money and time, then which club should I be supporting, oh mighty one?

• RaiderRich says:

If you’re really American, support U.S. Soccer and support your local, American, club. Don’t feed the leech that is the EPL.

• James says:

Actually, I do. I’m a Sounders fan. Coincidentally, another team that is for hipsters and front runners, apparently. Geographically, they’re the closest team to me. I’ve traveled several hours to watch their matches on few occasion.

So am I doing it all wrong? I guess I shouldn’t watch anymore soccer once the MLS season is over. Damn. I really thought I could spend time on multiple leagues.

• Harry says:

GREAT point James…one that seems to be MISSING. I have traveled to Europe myself and I am surprised to see the fans that supprt AMERICAN football jerseys; I even ran into a Ravens fan in Greece, so puhlease, I won’t let one person stop me from liking something. Surprisingly, when I wear my ManU kit I run into a lot of people who light up because in some cities here in the US, it’s rare that you see anyone in kits (Hmmmm, somunds like we had this convo before) and also James, I have DC United gear in my closet too…just so ya know!

Raider…dude…whatever.

28. Andrew says:

Does anyone know whos going to be playing? Under a week away there has to be some sort of roster set…

29. Harry says:

Also, BTW, if anyone is going to the game here in DC and want to attempt to meet up before or after the game, e mail me at AFROLOQ2@yahoo.com and let’s try to work something out for the game.

30. Larry Soos says:

Been a Manu fan for a number of years. This will be epic for me. The waiting has been madness. I feel like I’m back in Elementary school waiting for the bell to ring for recess!!!

31. Larry Soos says:

Best feeling ever. Manu titles numbering 19 over Liverpools 18. Manu only had 7 to Liverpools 18 when I first started tracking this Yeeoooo