Powered by
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Carlos Tevez Wants to Quit Manchester City Due to Family Reasons

carlos tevez Carlos Tevez Wants to Quit Manchester City Due to Family Reasons

Illustration by giveawayboy

The saga involving Carlos Tevez and whether he’ll stay with Manchester City looks headed for disaster.

“It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club,” said Tevez, in an exclusive interview with The Daily Mail newspaper. ”I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheikh Mansoor, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

“I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family. Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me. Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them. I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.

“Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top-scorer last season has made me very proud. I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the City cause has been 100 percent on the pitch.”

“I have no doubt that the players and management of City will achieve great success in the future.”

Tevez, who is playing in the 2011 Copa America in Argentina, added “It is great being here but it is going to be even more difficult to go back now. It’s great now, enjoying spending time with my family but it will be tough to go back. Being back here means I can cuddle my daughters. It’s a difficult situation when I’m not here.”

It’s understood that Tevez and his estranged partner and two children would welcome a move to Italy or Spain, but there are no offers on the table from Mediterranean clubs at this time.

Do you think Manchester City will find a way to encourage Tevez to stay at City? Or have we seen him wear City colors for the last time? Share your opinions in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Carlos Tevez Wants to Quit Manchester City Due to Family Reasons

1. Sundaywest says:

If u want to go early than later.Player go player come team remain

2. bluemoon70 says:

I know Mancini said over the weekend that Tevez was staying, but why would Mancini say that a swap of Tevez and Eto’o fell through? There was no reason to bring it up since it had never been made public. Mancini’s not stupid. You only mention that you were trying to move a player if you want it out there that the player is available. They won’t give him away but he’s being shopped I believe.

3. MUFC77 says:

Lets face it this announcement is hardly a surprise to anyone. I’m sure City have been working behind the scenes to either bring in another forward or somehow get a good price for him.

If the real reason he wants to leave is because he wants to be nearer his family the fair play to him, nobody can/should complain about that.

“not arrogant, just better”

4. SoccerLimey says:

As a United fan, good riddance as far as I’m concerned. Of course, if it’s family related then all the best to him but I don’t really belive that for one New York minute. His ramblings about “weather, cold and small city” have already set the tone for his departure.

He’s almost in the Anelka mode. An immensely talented player who will always be unhappy wherever he goes.

• Sean says:

“If he has family issues, then we would expect him to return to Argentina. I somehow doubt that will happen.”

Not necessarily. If he has family issues, he just might want to his family to be in a place where people actually speak their native tongue, or, just a place his family would prefer. Manchester is not for everyone.

5. Gary says:

Tevez was always going to leave. He made it clear on more than one occassion that he wanted to leave because his family wasn’t settled in Manchester. It was City that said they would do everything to make him stay. I think it became abundantly clear to City that they could not make him change his mind so that is why they tried to do a deal with Inter which fell through. Now that everyone knows about it some club will come calling. The only problem for City is that they may have to take less money because other clubs know that City are not in a strong position. That’s why when City tried to make the deal with Inter it was for exchanging him for E’to. I wouldn’t be surprised if Real Madrid or Barcelona came calling seeing that he can be bought for a decent fee.

6. trickybrkn says:

Family is code. Code for I hate Manchester, I hate this team.

Tevez is a dying breed. With really greedy management.

7. brn442 says:

Not surprised at all. This should be a cautionary tale on any ENGLISH club thinking about signing Naymar. South American players can be head cases.

8. Lab Partner says:

Tevez is a great player, but I will be happy to see him go if for no other reason than to no longer have to hear EVERY week during ANY transfer window how much he loves his family and how much he regrets having to leave the club but he really misses his family and he has to leave because he misses his family and it has nothing to do with money because he loves his family SO GOSH DARN MUCH (but another 10 million pounds might shut him and his agent up till the next transfer window) and he misses his family still.

I loved watching him play, but the transfer sideshow has taken centerstage and has become a bitter distraction for team and fan alike. I think it’s time he truly did spend more time with his family.

9. Jason says:

City will be better off without Tevez as he was beginning to become a distraction. City have the financial muscle to bring in a decent replacement, Aguero has already been linked, that City won’t miss him if he does leave.

10. Elliott says:

Tevez says he wants to leave for family reasons every 6 months. It’s just his nature. I will only be surprised if he comes forward and says “I want to stay at the same club for more than a year.”

11. Mucky Fingers says:

I’m %100 City, and as much as I love the success he’s contributed to the club, they might be better off without him. City moves stiffly and workmanlike when Tevez is on the pitch, as if the whole squad exists just to line him up. On days when Tevez was out, City was much more lively as a team.

I don’t think this is a money issue, South Americans routinely dislike England (that’s why Robinho performed modestly while at City). From Maradona to Ronaldinho, South Americans typically prefer Mediterranean clubs.

I know a lot of City fans regard him as a talisman and want to see him stay, but there’s already a load of talent there. Lest we forget that Craig Bellamy, Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz are all on loan, and could return to City soon, if needed (something I’d love to see). And there’s also Mario Balotelli, who’s just waiting to be unleashed, if you know what I mean.

Farewell, Apache! Nice knowing ya.

12. Tom says:

The only problem i see in this saga is that City have put a price tag of 45-50 million pounds for him. Nobody is going to pay that much for him. City should just take the first offer above 25 million and get on with it. He is too much of a distraction. Let him be somebody else’s distraction.

• bluemoon70 says:

He puts the ball in the back of the net at an elite level. How many elite strikers/attackers are there in the world? 15? 20? How many top clubs are there? 15? 20? And the top clubs want 2 or 3 top level strikers/attackers on their squad. You do the math.

That being said, Tevez will be at Real Madrid by the start of the season. Mourinho is not going to stand by idly and watch Barcelona romp to glory again. He’ll sell Kaka and use that money plus to sign Tevez.

13. Dzelkovic says:

Good for him. And even better for Dzeko. hopefully he will really settle in and show off what he can do. And hopefully the manager will give him the playing time he really deserves.

14. Ratul says:

Well,carlos tevez has lots of complain..no doubts
    1st he complained dat man city’s rest of players r dependng too much on him
    2nd his complain was abt d weather,city
    3rd which is d recent one is that he misses his family
    Man city must take some drastic measures to make sure tevez stays..why nt make some arrangements for his family membrs in uk..coz letting in form tevez go frm man city is lyk lettng xavi,iniesta go frm barca..
    If they let him go then hunt fr a new striker of his stature wil b a diffclt 1..coz he wil have big shoes to fill..

• bluemoon70 says:

No. Tevez must go. He is a great player but he is using the family as an excuse. When he left West Ham his excuse was to play at a bigger club. When he left MUFC it was to get higher pay. In December he used that he couldn’t get along with club officials. Special arrangements have already been made by the club for him to see his family more. Last season, on one occasion when he was given special permission to go to Argentina to see his family, he instead went to Spain with his girlfriend. The club is tired of bending over backwards for him. Tevez is a great player and he’s taken MCFC to great heights, but it’s time for him to go now. seperated from his family?