MON, 3PM ET
SHA0
ATH1
TUES, 2:45PM ET
PSG3
AJA1

Manchester City Home Shirt for 2011-2012 Season: Video and New Photos

man city home shirt 11 Manchester City Home Shirt for 2011 2012 Season: Video and New Photos

New photos have been leaked on the Internet showing Manchester City’s home shirt for the 2011-12 season.

The new photos are consistent with the one leaked over a week ago that show a white V-neck collar on the sky blue shirt. The design also features a representation of a sound wave on the front of the shirt (“Blue Moon”), while the sponsor name is in black this season instead of white.

Thanks to the newly leaked photos and video, we can see much more detail regarding the inside of the collar, which features the words “Blue Moon” as well as the graphical representation of the “Blue Moon” soundwave, in addition to the blue and white checkerboard design – that looks like a scarf.

Watch the video below and check out the additional photos to see what the Manchester City home shirt looks like — in detail:

man city home shirt 21 Manchester City Home Shirt for 2011 2012 Season: Video and New Photos

What do you think of the new shirt design? Share your opinion in the comments section below. And don’t forget, for the widest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 teams, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Manchester City Home Shirt for 2011-2012 Season: Video and New Photos

1. Mark says:

I like the soundwave idea and other bits but the white striping detracts from the top. Especially the stripe down the side.

This last top has been the best for many years. Comfortable, stylish and wears very well.

I hope the new top does the same.

2. Alfonso mango says:

Lots of people seem to think it is terrible. I don’t understand the hate, I think it is a perfectly reasonable shirt, not as good as two years ago, which was almost perfect but still a vbery nice shirt and much much better than we had under the previous two manufacturers. I think people just like to moan.

3. somervillain says:

After two retro-ish designs, I guess it was time for a modern-looking one. I’m just really underwhelmed by the collar — especially that strange-looking checked thing protruding from it. That’s just bizarre.

4. Paul says:

City fan and I think it’s regressed to early nineties over designed nonsense. Disgraceful attempt compared to the last two. I’m that annoyed with it I contacted umbro to tell them.

• james says:

Completely agree. Our kits the last two years have been CLASS. This one looks almost like an overworked Chelsea shirt…

• jacob city says:

absolutely horrible, couldn’t have got much better though after last year – should have kept last years shirt for ever.

5. TrueBlue says:

The shirt is very similar to the photo my Dad had of the 1956 FA cup winning team, same neck line. I know it is not the shirt they wore at Wembely but the 56 seasons shirt. So I don’t know about it not being traditional! Good enough for Bert Trautmann and Don Revie good enough for anyone!
    Manchester City Team: Trautmann, Meadows, Little, Barnes, Ewing, Paul, Spurdle, Hayes (1), Johnstone (1), Fagan, Revie Sub: Dyson

6. Simmo says:

I guess when you have a simple design for the last two years there isn’t much you can do but do apart from go a bit nuts on a new one. I saw a leaked picture of this before and my first thought was that it was a cheap fake that is sold on the streets of Thailand, but much to my annoyance it has turned out to be official. Simple and classy has turned into tacky and cheap looking.

7. Paul Calf says:

I am lost for words, I was convinced this would turn out to be fake.

Gutted

8. Stubod says:

It’s an awful shirt, almost like it was snatched right from the 80′s or something. The collar is hideous, v neck looks terrible. I like the soundwave idea, but in reality it’s just ended up naff. At a guess, I would say it’s going to look better actually being worn, but the previous two shirts were great to look at regardless. Like other people, I was 10000000% convinced this was fake when I saw the first picture of it. There was no way Umbro would make something like this?…I was planning to buy a home shirt this season, not anymore.

9. Paul Calf says:

Well as crap as it is, we’ll win the league in it!!!

10. bobby manc says:

The shirt is some distance off our ideal home shirt of 2 seasons back with the white round neck collar, umbro have jumped from 60s to late 80s with this effort.
    The biggest problem for me is with the white side panels and the black sponsor name – it only needs to say subaru instead of etihad and weve got a coventry city shirt from the 90s.
    Ive always hated city shirts that clash with coventty shirts and this one os the worst look-a-likie weve ever had.
    Dont mind the collar but why the white panels and the black sponsor is beyond me. the sound wave looks tacky too.

Ahwell

11. Hot-blue (ctid) says:

Not Impressed at all……
    I don’t know where the Head of Design (David Blanch) at Umbro has gone with this. Who does he think we are?
    Everyone I’ve forwarded this link to has said the same. They thought it was the Fake/unofficial like the majority of people. This in Not a Champions winning shirt. It just doesnt represent the Mega Rich Manchester City Football Club.

12. Jack K says:

Overall I like this shirt (controversial I know)
    However the only thing that I really do not agree with is the neck, specifically the checkered bit. What’s that about?

13. brian says:

i cant get over the checkered crap coming out from the collar. and the umbro logo along with etihad should still be white

• Kody H says:

yeah the white lettering looks really sleek on the 10/11 shirt. i mean honestly they could have gone with that shirt forever if they wanted to, you can’t do better. instead they come out with this really loud shirt. smh indeed

14. jim ctid says:

retro look is great but something abit differnt is good too i actually like it , its clever everyone who moans u dont have to wear it ? all that matters are the players that wear it with pride and i can see that lads lifting the title in this shirt this season so get used to it!!!

15. Steve W says:

Here’s an idea. Why don’t City produce a selection of shirt designs either by Umbro or designed by City fans (then subsequently made by Umbro) and publish these designs on our fantastic official website and let us fans decide what the team should be wearing each season (some of the designs i’ve seen by the fans have been amazing). That way we’d be delirious with pride to see our team wearing the new kits and we’d buy them by the shed load. Everyone’s a winner. As regards to this new home shirt design, i’d have to say i’m very disappointed with it and dare i say a little embarrassed by it. I think Umbro could’ve done much better, in fact i think most teenage design students could have done a much better job. Sorry, i know i’m moaning but i can’t help the way i feel.

16. James Macklin says:

I sincerely hope this is not the final design. City have taken massive steps forward in the last few years and this design does not represent that progress in any way. It looks over-engineered, unnecessarily busy and un-sophisticated. It smacks of the Championship and not of a club about to take the European scene by storm. Sorry Umbro, you can do much better than this; and City deserve better.

17. Don says:

Take away that stupid collar and I might buy the shirt. With the collar, no chance!

18. Imran says:

Not a great shirt but honestly I can handle everything on it except for those ridiculous checkered protusions from the collar… that’s just one poor design choice too many…

19. SimonMCFC says:

This shirt is FAKE…the videos that the club bring out to show off the shirts are from Umbro HQ…City are not going to have a shirt that looks like it belongs in the lower leagues (no offence).
    The shirt will be a classic style like the past 2 and might even be similar to the new England away.
    Dont worry fellow City fans….all will be ok and the league iwll be ours.

20. Blue Mancunian says:

Well I think it’s brilliant especially having the sponsor in black for a change. Love it.

21. Josh says:

I notice that some of the new training gear has light blue and black and I suspect that you’ll see this combination in the new home kit. I prefer black to the dark blue we’ve had before. Regarding this kit (above) I am quite sure it’s a fake or a decoy from Umbro. It lacks the sophistication we’ve come to expect of Umbro. I would be very surprised if this was the final design although I do think the Blue Moon sound wave will feature as it has done with the new away kit — which is stunning.

22. dave says:

Awful!

23. Paul Clare says:

Crap Crap Crap thats all i can say. CTID

24. Conor says:

Well, if you check out City’s web site, you’ll see that the sound wave is definitely in the new home kit design. This leads me to think that the ‘leaked photo’ could in fact be real. If so, it’s a real shame because the collar is absolutely rubbish. This is a real step back. Sorry Umbro, I won’t be buying one. I like the idea of having black in the design but doubt that Umbro would be that bold.

• ctid says:

your right, the leaked photo is real as you can see the soundwave on the leaked shirt and on the city website. your not the only one not to be buying it i think its digusting wayyyyy overworked on!

25. Bene says:

Nothing wrong with it, stop hatin’. Fact of the matter is Yaya Toure is gonna wear it, nuff said!

26. lawrence carlisle says:

cudd’end give a bollocks wat the shirt looks like, its MCFC wear it with pride

27. Its the real thing.. http://www.umbro.com.. unfortunately. I hate it.

28. Steven says:

Still can’t get myself to like this, none of it seems to work…the White panelling down the side just looks a bit 90′s (not the best period for football shirts), that checkered Jay cloth in the collar is bizarre, v necked shirts don’t work on most non footballers necks and last but by mo means least it’s been pretty much confirmed that the kit will feature BLUE SHORTS…seriously? Who came up with that idea? We had it a few years ago with Reebok and it didn’t work.

In conclusion….we will be wearing a Coventry City kit next season.

29. Stuart Healy says:

Just seen the new Man City home kit on the mcfc website. Sorry, but this is absolutely rubbish. What’s with the blue shorts? And that stupid collar? It looks more like a Championship kit than a Premier League one — and certainly not a Champion’s League kit — and also it looks more like the kind of thing that Coventry City would wear. This really is a very poor kit — the worst they’ve had in decades. It’s such a shame as their two previous kits were excellent. I think it’s time the Umbro designer moved onto something else now as he is simply trying too hard. I will not be buying this for my kids.

30. Oscar says:

It’s a Coventry City kit!

31. John Kelly says:

This is the worst Man City kit I have ever seen. Man City have white shorts, not blue. Imagine if Liverpool’s kit had white shorts — it wouldn’t be a Liverpool kit. Likewise, this is not a City kit! I bet it doesn’t sell anywhere near as many as last season’s shirt.

32. Toby says:

David Blanch (chief kit designer at Umbro) has really lost the plot with this one. The collar is ridiculous and I agree with earlier comments about those sky blue shorts — that’s Coventry’s livery; not ours! I wish these pretentious designers would leave our traditional colours alone. Man City play in light blue and white — end of story! The kit is heavily over engineered and lacks any sophistication. It’s anything but a Champion’s League kit. Very poor indeed.

33. Marky Mark says:

Have Coventry City moved into the Etihad Stadium?

34. Josh says:

Hate it, hate it, hate it!

35. Liam G says:

Surprised that City are still with Umbro. Let’s face it, they’re not A-listers like Nike or Adidas. I think this will be our last season with them — especially after this abortion of a design. Shocking.

• The Gaffer says:

I disagree. Umbro is on the same level as Nike and Adidas, if not higher in some places. Umbro kits out many of the national sides, including England. Plus, Umbro is owned by Nike.

36. Kev says:

You’ve gotta be joking. Umbro is owned by Nike — so how can it be on the same level? Yeah, Umbro is quite big in the UK but it is nowhere near as big as Nike, or Adidas on the world stage. Just look at their respective turnovers. Anyway, the kit is cra@p.

• The Gaffer says:

I’m not saying that Umbro is bigger in terms of how much revenue they generate. But they’re consistently on a higher level in terms of creating some of the best designed shirts in the football business. Adidas’s creativity has dropped significantly, and Nike seems like they’ve passed their peak and are on their way down in terms of creative designs. Not every Umbro design is a winner. The City one this year is different, but it was going to be an almost impossible job to beat last year’s design, which I thought was well done.

37. Jo says:

Coventry City!

38. rich says:

its nice but the only problem is the umbro symbol needs changing,its boring,nike and adidas are much more stylish.
    i have a great idea for a change in symbol i just dont want anyone to nick it and take credit