Swansea City Home Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Official Photos Revealed

swansea home shirt1 Swansea City Home Shirt for 2011 12 Season: Official Photos Revealed

Swansea City, the first Welsh team in the Premier League, have officially revealed their new home shirt for the 2011-12 season.

As revealed on EPL Talk earlier this week, the new Swansea home shirt is white with black trim. The sleeves feature the three stripes, while the sides and back of the shirt feature black piping. Designed and manufactured by Adidas, the shirt features the familiar Swans crest and sponsor logo. The V-neck collar is accentuated by a design that is featured on many Adidas templates, giving it a modern look.

Do I love it? As a Swansea City fan, it’s OK. I prefer the Umbro design — that was worn in the 2010-11 season. While the design of this Adidas shirt isn’t bad, it’s not as inspirational as it could be. It could have either been more of a retro feel or something more classic. Instead it’s neither. However, don’t get me wrong, I woke up today at 4am to order one from the Swansea club shop.

It’s one of those things about football shirts. How Swansea will play this season will make or break this shirt. If they play a passionate and attacking style of football that viewers swoon upon, then the shirt will become to be associated with that and the perceived appeal of the design will improve. If they flop, then the shirt will have some of that connotation.

What do you think of the new shirt design? Share your opinion in the comments section below. And don’t forget, for the widest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 teams, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

More pictures after the jump.

swansea home shirt joe allen1 Swansea City Home Shirt for 2011 12 Season: Official Photos Revealed

scott sinclair swansea1 Swansea City Home Shirt for 2011 12 Season: Official Photos Revealed

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Swansea City. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Swansea City Home Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Official Photos Revealed

1. Greg Davies says:

Gutted it has a v-neck collar, will not be getting one!!!

2. Iwan Morgan says:

I like it. I especially like our ‘Swans’ motif. It strikes me as being very ‘white’ when combined with the shorts, socks and white boots. I can’t wait to see it in action and the impression I will have of it then.

3. IanCransonsKnees says:

It’s a generic shirt design. It’s the same as the Stoke and Hull shirts for this season, obviously without the stripes.

4. Marcus says:

I think it’s right tidy, maybe a little plain, but would suggest when Danny Graham is celebrating his hat-trick against Man City in their first game it’ll look magnificent!!

5. brn442 says:

On the head Gaffer, the umbro one was more better. Not a disaster either but the collar is annoying.

6. Lyle says:

The swishy, swoopy thing coming out the neck I don’t care for.

I’m glad they’re wearing white shorts sot they don’t look just like Fulham.

Not a bad kit. This years kits I liked a little better.

7. Nate says:

Looks good. What is 32 red?

8. Jake Islas says:

terrible. it’s a shame cuz their kit looked great last year, just simple and plain white and black. terrible when the kit makers make it more about them and put the logos all over, *cough* adidas, puma, kappa *cough*

9. Ben H says:

I’ll be honest, when I saw the leaked picture, I was not happy with the design. But after looking at the official pics this morning, I pretty much immediately warmed to it. I warmed to it even more once I’d queued for 3 hours for one this morning! I do like it. Even the design of the collar seems decent now! I must tell you all now, Premier League patches really do improve the look of this shirt ten-fold!

10. The Gaffer says:

As a footnote to this story, Swansea sold their entire inventory of 6,000 home shirts on Saturday when they went on sale. There were hundreds of people queueing up around the stadium, some waiting more than 3 hours in line.

Last season, Swansea sold less than 12,000 shirts all season (including home and away). The home shirt is now sold out until the next shipment arrives in September! But Adidas are trying to speed up production and get more into the Swansea club shop by August.

11. louise says:

really stuoid that they’ve got no shirts left they should be sold in sports shops like other premiership teaams are !!

12. chris cook says:

I aggree with you Louise that Swansea’s kit should be sold in all the sports shops and on the internet sport sites , The premier league is watched world wide , you will have lots of new fans enjoying the way we play and all wanting the kit, more fans more money bigger club