WED, 3PM ET
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

Chelsea Away Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Leaked Photo

Chelsea away shirt1 Chelsea Away Shirt for 2011 12 Season: Leaked Photo

A photo has been leaked of what appears to be Chelsea’s new away shirt for the 2011-12 season.

Despite someone on another site joking that the shirt looked like it featured solar panels, I quite like it. The black shirt features the classic three Adidas stripes down the sleeve. The top of the shirt features the original design of the blue squares that fade into blueish black. It’s definitely a design that is quite different than anything else out there. But isn’t ridiculous as some previous Chelsea away shirts which have tried too hard to be different.

What do you think of Chelsea’s new away shirt? Click the comments link below below to share your opinion whether you like it or not. And don’t forget, for the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Chelsea Away Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Leaked Photo

1. Nico says:

They have ruined the shirt by adding the squares at the top.Sometimes simplicity is the key and adidas have been overdoing it for the past few years as far as our away jerseys are concerned.Remove the squares and you’ll have a simple yet elegant away jersey.But as far as this one’s concerned,i’ll give it 2.5/5.

2. FC Asheville says:

1994 called…they want thier jerseys back!

3. J.T. says:

not sure if this is really the away jersey. shoulder stripes are too thick to be an adidas shirt, and how is it on a hanger in a store before any other photos or announcements?

4. Dave C says:

Never thought I’d say this about a football shirt, but this shirt reminds me of the album sleeve from The Who’s 1969 album, “Tommy”. Google it to see what I mean. Just needs a couple of seagulls on there.

5. Brandon says:

I hate Chelsea but I like that shirt a lot.

6. Earl Reed says:

It’d be much easier to put together a canned response:

“Ohhh, it’s not a plain, uninteresting color, so it must be HOOOOOOORRIBLE!!!”

Aside from the fact I laugh at teams wanting supporters to fork over money each year for updated threads, I think it looks snazzy.

7. Phil says:

It looks like a jersey for people who like to wear football jerseys at black tie functions. No class or taste.

8. Phil says:

This shirt screams “I am epic win.”

9. Lyle says:

Looks like the 1980s are back. Jesus. It’s not too terrible though. Not classic, which I dislike, but the deep blue color saves it for me.

10. Joey says:

Just like last years black away shirt, they will never wear this one. I dont understand why the keep making the away shirt in a dark color. When Chelsea plays a team with a similar blue shirt the black will be to close and they wont be able to wear it. The third kit will be worn more… just like last years green one. I do like the design though.

• CTBlues says:

I think I only saw Chelsea wear there neon yellow kit 3 times all year this past season and one of those times was in the UCL.

11. BD says:

Me likes. Not enough to buy it, though……

12. jj says:

is alright.better than last year one

13. humza says:

i love it, but they’ll be wearing their other jersey more often
    footballshirtculture says that the jerseys gonna be white with yellow and black incorparted into it…sounds nice!

• Robert says:

There are some photos floating around the ‘Net, though I’m not sure if they’re authentic. But the 3rd kit resembles Germany’s recent white kits; I’ve also heard another Chelsea supporter say it looks like a Marseille shirt as well. Aside from the badge, there’s not much that connects it to Chelsea. (At least the 3rd shirt last season had a blue stripe, lost in the midst of the neon forest.)