Liverpool Win 5 EPL Awards In Best of 2010-11 Premier League Season
The votes are in for the 2011 EPL Awards, the annual competition (now in its third year) that allows supporters from around the world to recognize the best of the Premier League season. And in the categories that recognize the best footballers and managers, Liverpool — despite a poor start to the season — won the majority of the Reader’s Choice honours. These include EPL Player of the Year, Best Goalkeeper, Best Midfielder, Best Striker and Manager of The Year, while Manchester United won the Best Defender of the Year award and Arsenal won Best Young Player of The Year.
The third annual EPL Awards recognized the best of the 2010-11 Premier League season. Organized by EPL Talk, the voting began Monday, May 2 and closed May 22, 2011. Trusted since 2005, EPL Talk is the most popular Premier League blog in the world.
In addition to the results from the Reader’s Choice awards, the Editor’s Choice winners are listed below. The final results are as follows:
EPL Player of the Year
- Dirk Kuyt, Liverpool (16%),
- Nemanja Vidic, Manchester United (13%) and
- Samir Nasri, Arsenal (11%).
- Charlie Adam, Blackpool
EPL Young Player of the Year
- Jack Wilshere, Arsenal (29%),
- Javier Hernandez, Manchester United (28%) and
- Lucas Leiva, Liverpool (17%).
- Javier Hernandez, Manchester United
Best EPL Manager of the Year
- Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool (50%),
- Alex Ferguson, Manchester United (33%) and
- Arsene Wenger, Arsenal (4%).
- Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United
Most Improved EPL Manager of the Year
- Owen Coyle, Bolton Wanderers (34%),
- Roy Hodgson, Liverpool (20%) and
- Tony Pulis, Stoke City (16%).
- Tony Pulis, Stoke City
Best EPL Goalkeeper
- Jose Pepe Reina, Liverpool (36%),
- Edwin van der Sar, Manchester United (31%) and
- Wojciech Szczesny, Arsenal (9%).
- Edwin van der Sar, Manchester United
Best EPL Defender
- Nemanja Vidic, Manchester United (34%),
- Jamie Carragher, Liverpool (16%) and
- Leighton Baines, Everton (8%).
- Nemanja Vidic, Manchester United
Best EPL Midfielder
- Lucas Leiva, Liverpool (17%),
- Nani, Manchester United (10%) and
- Ryan Giggs, Manchester United (9%).
- Scott Parker, West Ham United
Best EPL Striker
- Luis Suarez, Liverpool (29%),
- Javier Hernandez, Manchester United (19%) and
- Robin van Persie, Arsenal (15%).
- Robin van Persie, Arsenal
Congratulations to all of the players and managers nominated. For the complete list of EPL Awards, visit epltalk.com/2011-epl-awards