MON, 3PM ET
TUES, 2:45PM ET
BAR
AJA
TUES, 2:45PM ET
SCH
SPC

How Will You Watch Premier League Survival Sunday?

How Will You Watch Premier League Survival Sunday?

It’s not too early to start making plans for this weekend’s Premier League Survival Sunday. With ten Premier League matches kicking off at the same exact time, there are so many storylines that will be happening before our eyes. Five of the teams are battling to avoid relegation, two are battling for fifth place to qualify for Europa League, while one of three teams will qualify for the Europa League through Fair Play.

There are a minimum of four Premier League matches on Sunday that are a must-see (Wolves vs Blackburn, Stoke vs Wigan, Blackpool vs Man United, Spurs vs Birmingham), and two that are marginal, Aston Villa vs Liverpool (this one only matters if Spurs stumble against Brum), and the other one is at Craven Cottage where Fulham can qualify for the Europa League through the Fair Play table (versus Arsenal), or if you want to see Arsenal try to grab their third place slot back. The other three matches are only important in terms of determining final position (Everton vs Chelsea, West Ham vs Sunderland and Newcastle vs WBA).

If you are interested in watching the four must-see Premier League matches this Sunday all at the same time, how are you planning on doing it?

In my house, this is what I’ll be doing between 11am and 1pm ET Sunday:

• Big screen HD television set: Blackpool versus Man United (ESPN2) and, using the split-screen feature, Spurs versus Birmingham (Fox Soccer Channel)
  • Laptop: Using my subscription to FoxSoccer.tv, I’m planning on using the pop-out player functionality that allows me to arrange as many of the live games as I would like on my desktop. I’m planning on having the following three games on screen at the same time: Wolves v Blackburn, Stoke vs Wigan and Fulham vs Arsenal. If I want to, as back-up or for a change of pace, I can also show one of the games on my iPhone (using the FoxSoccer iPhone app) and one on my iPad.

It’s hard enough watching two games at once, but watching five at a game is going to be very interesting indeed. On the laptop, I can mute all three games and then listen to the audio of one of the two games on the TV set. If a goal or incident happens in any of the games, I can un-mute it within seconds to hear the commentator.

The tricky part will be determining which game gets my immediate attention from kick-off. I may go with Blackpool against Manchester United to see how the Seasiders start the game and how much of a fight Man United will put up. While watching that one, I’ll be quickly scanning the other games every 30 seconds or so to see if something is happening in any of those.

What about you? How will you be watching the games this Sunday? What set-up will you have in place to watch as many games as possible? Share your stories in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to How Will You Watch Premier League Survival Sunday?

1. Footballfool says:

This would be a great day for FoxSoccer.tv to offer a free preview.

2. Yodatov says:

Ghetto style… Spurs-Brum feed on Sopcast/P2P and gametrack the rest on UK Eurosport.

3. BA14 says:

First I am hoping I don’t have to work because I can’t access Foxsoccer.tv on the computer or over my Ipod.

Otherwise 1 match on the tv, 2nd match on the computer and I can play another over my Ipod.

4. Earl Reed says:

Serving all morning at church, so will have the DVR set for both the ManUtd/Blackpool match as well as Wolves/Blackburn (in HD live on FS+ for DirecTV). Then probably record Stoke/Wigan and watch after I’m done with the other two matches. If it turns out to be a cracker, I’ll record the 11PM rerun of Tottenham/Birmingham City.

5. Fabio says:

4 relegations matches on tv via sky sports and
    chelsea on my laptop :)

6. Mekias says:

FSC and FSP have been pretty good at not revealing scores of the other games this season but I’m pretty sure that little rule will be thrown away on Sunday. Usually I record all the games and watch them whenever I want (leaving ESPN for last if it’s not the early game). I don’t think that will work this time. I’m really not sure what I should do and I don’t want to miss any of the games.

I guess I could watch them on mute one at a time but that’s a little boring. I’ll think I’ll record them all and start watching with sound. But the first time a score is revealed I might mute. Bleh, I hate this.

7. bill says:

I will goto the pub where I can watch pretty much all the games at once or close to all of them.

• PhillySpur says:

Finally, someone who is actually going to get out of the house and not sit behind a computer screen.

8. Pat says:

I’m a huge Wolves fan, but I’ll be in Vegas for a bachelor party. I’m hoping to wake up in time to catch the game before my flight out. Up the Wolves!

9. IanCransonsKnees says:

I shall be at the Britannia Stadium, Block 22, Row 32, Seat 352, watching Wigan get relegated in the flesh.

• IanCransonsKnees says:

Have to be honest it’s one weekend I’m a little jealous I can’t sit in front of the box and flick channels to watch the drama unfold. Jeff and the boys on Sky will be going ape.

10. Matt says:

You are the ultimate fan! I love this post.

11. Jason says:

There is only one thing that will make me happy after this matchday and that is to see the relegation of Blackburn Rovers. So I’ll watch Wolverhamption try to whip up on them. And then hope that Birmingham, Wigan, and Blackpook (2 out of the 3) win.

12. Cricketlover says:

I don’t have a PIP TV so I’ll be switching back and forth between FSC and ESPN2. I’ll start with Man U vs Blackpool and switch to the Spurs vs B’ham match after 10 minutes. Depending on which is the more exciting match I’ll watch more of that match. Plan on doing a lot of switching.

I also have a subscription to foxsoccer.tv so I’ll be watching the Stoke vs Wigan match and switching to Wolves vs Blackburn from time to time. I’ll be using my laptop. I’ll also open another window on my browser and open Sky’s Score Centre for a text commentary of Aston Villa vs Liverpool. When Minimized, Score Centre shows the score of the match you’re following.

This Sunday most of us will be tested on our multitasking skills.

13. Liam says:

Certainly the best bet is the pub. You’ve multiple tv’s to show the televised ones (and built in notifications of points of interest in the form of huddled fan masses) and all you need is a smart-phone or netbook to follow the dodgy (and not-so-dodgy) streams. Simples.

…as long as you keep your pint clear of your electronics.

14. Alex says:

I’ll be going down to the British Bulldog in Denver like everyone in DTown should and watching Blackpool climb out of relegation by beating Man U!! GO SEASIDERS!!!

15. YankRed7 says:

I dont know yet. My little brother is graduating this weekend so i will be down in atlanta. More than likely watching it from the computer instead of my normal spot at the pub. Unless anyone knows of some good spots in atlanta.

16. Matt T. says:

Probably be out with the family all day, so I’ll just watch the highlights on Match of the Day. Wish the games were on Saturday instead.

17. SoccerLimey says:

ESPN3 for me on Sunday at 11am as my boyhood teams square off. Blackpool trying to achieve the impossible again and beat the Red Devils at Old Trafford. Can’t wait !!

18. Fulham are going to debut one of their 2011-2012 kits on Sunday. We got teased before with today’s date on a “Men in Black” type movie poster (B.I.B) and today, they teased us further

19. PaulFromMiami says:

On my TV through my Laptop. Like i always do.

20. Matt says:

PIP TV with United-Blackpool on Full and Spurs in the tiny window. Whatever game i can find a reliable veetle stream on the iphone. My laptop will be Wolves-Blackburn. And then as many of my family’s laptops as I can get my hands on hehe