united 600x337 Watch United, the BBC2 Film About Manchester Uniteds 1958 Munich Air Disaster [VIDEO]

“United,” the BBC2 documentary that debuted in April 2011, has been found on YouTube. The film, which stars David Tennant (Doctor Who) and Dougray Scott (Mission Impossible II), tells the true story of the Busby Babes, how many of them were killed in the 1958 Munich Air Disaster and how coach Jimmy Murphy was a central figure behind-the-scenes as well as Sir Matt Busby.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Manchester United. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Watch ‘United,’ the BBC2 Film About Manchester United’s 1958 Munich Air Disaster [VIDEO]

1. raok says:

Thanks for that.

2. Sev says:

Brilliant. Where can I download the whole thing in HD? I want it on my cell phone. :)

3. ibro says:

I just cried my eyes out… and i never cry for movies..

4. Victor Caamano says:

Thank you for posting this. For those of us in the US, having this available is a challenge.

5. Riley says:

Quite amazing! Well Done BBC

6. Georgie B. says:

I was just wondering what non United fans thought of the movie.

7. soonerscotty says:

Found that very moving and glad EPL Talk pointed it out for us, probably wouldn’t have seen it otherwise.

Didn’t know much about the crash before this.

8. pete says:

Very good documentary, very moving. Without trying to single him out, I would love to have seen Duncan Edwards live and see out his career. Old people in this country talk about how good he was and what a fantastic player he would have been.
    A very sad day for football.

9. fooishmoose says:

Very touching. As a Liverpool fan, I will never use the words despise and MU in the same sentence again. I new, deep respect for the club.

Busby Babes, with respect, YNWA

• Georgie B. says:

It’s weird to see Busby, Babes and YNWA in the same line! But thanks anyway.

Pete, who knows if England might have won the World Cup had Duncan Edwards lived up to his potential. He was the youngest capped player then. Those old people certainly knew what they were talking about!

RIP, Flowers of Manchester. What a loss to club and country.

10. Dakota says:

Wow, what a tragic day that was. It pulls at heart strings and really makes me think about my brother as he is always traveling with his team, playing the game he loves. What a changing point in so many lives. We will never forget you boys.

11. Jimmy Murphy, United legend. Makes me proud to be a fan. Thanks for sharing this — great stuff…..

12. satan says:

You can also download it here-
    Pretty sure the BBC will not have a problem with the link.

13. Devils Advocate says:

I have read Jimmy Murphy’s autobigraphy, “Matt, United & Me”. If anything, the text is even more poignant than the documentary. Jimmy gives detailed player profiles of the original Busby Babes and talks of the rebuilding and resurgence of the club post Munich. Only mindless people would poke fun at such a loss, as Liverpool’s fans know only too well.

The country was indeed in tears for days when the extent of tragedy became known. If anyone really wants to know one of the reasons United grew in popularity and became the world power it is today, it all started from this.

14. Sean says:

I am a Liverpool supporter and I thought it was very moving.

It is one thing to know about the Munich Air Disaster but, it is something else entirely when you can put some imagery to what took place.

Let’s just say that somebody was cutting onions while I watched it.