MON, 4PM ET
BRI
THURS, 3:45PM ET
VER
LAZ

Is this Man United’s Away Shirt for 2011-12 Season? Photo

man united away shirt Is this Man Uniteds Away Shirt for 2011 12 Season? Photo

Is this Manchester United’s new away shirt for the 2011-12 season? It could very well be.

The leaked photo features a blue shirt with hoops, designed by Nike. The inside top of the shirt has the words “Manchester United” printed on it.

The new Man Utd away shirt design is a departure for Manchester United. Blue away shirts have been worn by Manchester United throughout most of the history of the club. But they haven’t had a blue away shirt before with such distinct hoops. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the above picture was Inter Milan. Sure, Inter wears blue stripes, not blue hoops. But this away shirt definitely evokes Inter more than United in my opinion.

What do you think of the new Manchester United away shirt? Share your feedback in the comments section below.

And for the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Is this Man United’s Away Shirt for 2011-12 Season? Photo

1. dcudiplomat96 says:

I’m not feeling it but hey I’m not a Man U fan either.

2. Matt says:

It looks like a training shirt to me…

3. evan says:

Looks like crap. Perfect for United.

4. MiaK says:

The photos were bang on last year. I had ridiculed one in this very space and had to eat a hefty chunk of crow. You won’t find me doing that this year, but dam this kit is hideous!

5. Sparksma says:

Have to agree with Matt. I would say this is a training kit. or at least I hope so.

6. Glee says:

Looks like the third kit to me. Aren’t they always black and blue?

7. King Eric says:

i thought last season’s away kit leak was also a training kit and was proved wrong when they were released. this one is even worse than this year’s, absolutely horrific and pure garbage. you’d think that since the glazers are already struggling to sell the new shirts each season that they’d at least try and come out with a smashing kit to make people think twice about it. this makes the decision even easier.

8. El Tri 2014 says:

Looks like a third kit but it’s awful. Personally, I would have gone with a green and yellow second kit a la Newton health and black and blue for third kit. This kit is awful though.

9. Redman says:

Hahha I can picture Wesley sneijder in that kit…..

10. JW says:

Random question from an ignorant observer (me): What’s the difference between “stripes” and “hoops”?

11. tommysunshine says:

I love how these Man U ‘supporters’- many of them are the sort of fraud one crosses the street to avoid if I’m being in honest but let’s gloss over that in the interests of harmony- anyway I love how these Man U ‘fans’ are aesthetically reviewing the shirt. Guys Man U is a commercial jugggernaut and you shirt-wearers are low-life ‘brand ambassadors’. Don’t get me wrong- the footballing side is still rather decent but please don’t pretend they’re thinking of art as well as commerce when they designed this sartorial item which is the sort of thing one imagines a superhero wears when he plays rounders on his day off.

Over and out,
    tommy sunshine

• jahoki says:

And just how are you distinguishing the ‘supporters’ from supporters?

• Troy says:

Hey everyone, tommysunshine is back to teach us all a lesson about what real football is. Oh please tommy, tell us your secrets. Impart to us your unparalleled wealth of football knowledge. I can’t wait to watch the Newcastle-United match tomorrow if only to ponder, “what would tommysunshine think”.

12. Gabriel says:

United is well known & identified by its Red,Black & White Shirts & Shorts.
    Honestly,the blue shirt would be far off the Reds’ recognisance. Kit color changes sometimes affects the performance of the team. We are the Reds & not the Blues.

• Georgie B. says:

Unless it’s the blue kit they won the 1968 European Cup in! This one has Inter’s colors but looks like QPR’s home shirt with black hoops.

13. C Dub says:

Horrendous

14. Nikki says:

It reminds me of the Blue and balck flecked shirt they had in the 90′s, not great but i have seen worse.

15. lol in your face arsen wenger says:

yes this shirt with black shorts and hooped socks of course black and blue,
    but i still think it misses something, oh yeah the gold prem badges :)

16. T-bone Malone says:

I quite like this. It reminds me of Chelsea and QPRs in the early to mid 80s. Very nostalgic. Quite ironic being blue too!

17. I kind of like it. And maybe it will bring better away performances next year…. We have to do better than we’ve done in the current away kit — I can’t wait to see that one in the rear view mirror…..

18. Ross says:

Manchester United only bring out a kit each season to bring in money. As everyone knows, the Glazers have put Manchester United into a financial crisis, and although Manchester United is a global endorsment, but with a design like that I can’t see many fans wanting to help them pay off their debts.

19. John Andri says:

Im sorry but that is plain UGLY!

20. HRC says:

TBH I think it looks great, something a little different

21. rezz says:

why not we try green color? go green..something different..

22. Mancunian4 says:

Now i would have to say.. almost every big club in the world brings out a new kit every season so..

23. Mancunian4 says:

I’m a United fan and i have bought allmost every kit i can remember so i will buy this one to.. Simple as that..

24. bobster says:

it is good but 2010/2011 one was better

25. Mancunian4 says:

I love ur crap reaction becouse we are the champions now haha.. A bit frutrater are we hahaha

26. akhil says:

hahahaha !!!

27. James says:

not a man united fan but i love that kit

28. Alvo says:

This is outright ugly. This is the highest manifestation of mediocrity and questionable creativity. Am a Man United fan but this one is a no no. Cant buy, wont even think about buying it. We deserve better!!!

29. peter says: