FRI, 2:30PM ET
CHI
HOU
FRI, 8:30PM ET
USA
MEX

Real Salt Lake Video Pumps Up the Rocky Mountain Cup

For the uninitiated, the Rocky Mountain Cup is a yearly fan rivalry between the only two MLS clubs in the Rocky Mountains, Colorado and Real Salt Lake.  The Cup has been awarded since 2005 and the games to decide the Cup have been heated, with Wednesday’s match-up expected to be the same.  But more than that, this game is between the last two MLS Cup winners and possibly the two best teams in the West, so the hype for this match should be outstanding.

Real Salt Lake has fired the first broadside with the above video.

While not overly dismissive of their opponents, the video was made for an RSL audience to get them excited about the game on Wednesday.  But even a neutral like myself got a few chills watching this superbly done advertisement.  If watching it doesn’t make you want to go out and get Direct Kick, nothing will.

Hat tip to Drew Epperley at WVHooligan for sharing the video

12 Responses to Real Salt Lake Video Pumps Up the Rocky Mountain Cup

1. Sancho says:

I would love to see the visitor’s fans wearing sombreros, Monterrey shirts and waving Mexican flags!

After all, RSL is the US in the ConcaChampions, except for Colorado

2. Charles says:

This is what I am talking about. Huge game.

Last 5 games between the two, one win each, with 3 ties.

That video was great. This is how rivalries are made. No, not through videos ( although I loved it ). HUGE games, like the two previous Champs playing each other while they are on top of the standings.

I am on tight budget and I already bought season tickets. I am trying to figure out how to order Direct Kick with cash with no one knowing.
    Please advice.

• Alan says:

I am assuming that you mean that you don’t have credit cards. If this is the case, get a visa gift card and do it that way. So far, I have loved it. I can catch most games and pretty much all the Earthquakes’ games.

3. The original Tom says:

They’re probably watching the Champions League; the ManU – Chelsea game was really good.

I hate RSL. I wish this game wasn’t mid-week or I might have road tripped. Go Rapids.

4. CoconutMonkey says:

That video was as awesome as it was over the top.

RSL 2
    Colorado 1

5. The original Tom says:

Colorado 3, RSL 2.

6. Kevin Sutton says:

Damn!

Not much else to add.

7. Bolacuadrada says:

Great marketing. I love the MLS!

8. The original Tom says:

Not pretty, but I thought a good game until the end. Then it sucked.