THURS, 1PM ET
MON2
THURS, 3PM ET
CEL1
SAL3

Premier League Sunday, Gameweek 32: Open Thread

blackpool fans Premier League Sunday, Gameweek 32: Open Thread

Blackpool against Arsenal, and Aston Villa against Newcastle United. Four different teams each with their own mission. Trying to avoid relegation versus trying to win the league. Trying to avoid relegation versus trying to reach the safety points to avoid relegation.

The first talking point of the day is Arsene Wenger’s decision to start Jens Lehmann in goal. Is it a wise decision or not? We’ll have to wait and see.

Whatever happens, there should be plenty to talk about. Feel free to post your questions, comments, observations or rants or raves in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Premier League Sunday, Gameweek 32: Open Thread

1. arun says:

Arsenal should be 7-0….finishing has been a problem…could Blackpook punish them like other teams have done in the past … hope so

• The Gaffer says:

Arun, it looked like – at one moment in the game – that Blackpool could have done it, but their defending is horrible. Still, a great game to watch.

2. Joe says:

Here’s the email I just sent to foxsoccer.tv after getting a robotic response that doesn’t answer anything.

“I want you to see what a customer service email from espn3.com looks like. Keep in mind that espn3 is a FREE service for existing cable subscribers.

Dear (redacted),

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for any inconvenience. I wanted to let you know that I researched this issue a little further. I know that I mentioned to you earlier that the Richmond vs. Hawthorne match was not schedule on ESPN3.com. This match will be available for replay sometime tonight only on ESPN3.com. I apologize for any confusion on my part and for the delay of the replay. Thank you for your patience.

For live assistance with any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,
    (redacted)

Notice how it specifically addresses the issue. Notice how it is clearly written by a human being. Notice how it offers a phone number for follow-up questions.

All I can say is that myself and thousands of other soccer fans cannot wait until your contract ends in 2013 and ESPN can bid for the EPL rights. Take care.”

Thought my fellow EPLTalkers would get a kick out of it.

• SeminoleGunner says:

Well done! I totally agree about the contract. I appreciate the work FSC has done to get the games on television here, but they have a long way to go still.

3. Terry says:

Fox should recognise that it has a major problem with its online offering, and not free at that, and sell the rights to those games to ESPN3. Foxsoccer.tv is an embarrassment compared to ESPN3.com . The people that are hurt the most are soccer fans who have to pay for a service that has now become unwatchable.

4. Malcolm says:

Good win by Villa. They needed the three points. Newcastle could have snatched a draw but they started their aerial assault too late. Should have attacked Villa earlier. This eases the pressure on Houllier. Until Villa’s next loss.

5. Brad in SoCal says:

Blackpool made a game of it, at least, which gives us hope, after some lackluster efforts in recent weeks. It was good to see DJ back running at defenders. Seems like Blackpool vs. Wigan next week is a must-win, though.