WED, 3PM ET
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

Newcastle United Coming to United States for 2011 Summer Tour

newcastle united Newcastle United Coming to United States for 2011 Summer Tour

Newcastle United is the third Premier League club to announce that they’ll be playing a friendly in the United States this summer. Manchester United officially announced their tour today. Everton announced last week that they’ll be playing D.C. United in late July in Washington D.C. And now it was announced today that Newcastle United will play Sporting Kansas City on July 20, 2011 at Livestrong Sporting Park, the home stadium for Major League Soccer side Sporting Kansas City.

In preparation for the friendly, the Premier League club is expected to hold training sessions at the Sporting Club Training Center in Swope Park (formerly Swope Park Training Center, 6310 Lewis Rd., Kansas City, Mo) from July 17 through July 19 as part of their pre-season preparations.

“Myself and the team are really looking forward to coming to America in the summer and playing against Sporting Kansas City,” Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew said. “We’re planning a few days training in Kansas City before the game, which will form an integral part of our build-up for the 2011-12 season. I know Manchester United were in Kansas City last year and went home beaten, so we know full well what a tough game it will be for us, but that is exactly the sort of challenge we will be looking for.”

Newcastle United last visited the United States in 2000 when they played friendlies against both DC United and Columbus Crew.

Newcastle United blog NUFC.com is reporting a rumor that Columbus Crew may be one of the Toon’s other opponents on its summer tour.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Newcastle United Coming to United States for 2011 Summer Tour

1. David says:

All these clubs coming to the States this summer and not one is coming to California : (

2. Bruce Gottesman says:

If they went to NY or Philly or Boston I’d have definitely made the trip. KC or Columbus – not sure I can do that

3. chris says:

Do they usually do more than 2 stops on tours like these or will KC & Columbus likely be the only ones? Like Bruce, I’d be there for anything in the Northeast but the Midwest is a bit tough.

4. Omar says:

Road trip from Cali!!!!

5. BeeGuy says:

If they can’t come to Charlotte, NC & I can’t get to the Tyne, I’ll meet them in KC!

6. John R says:

please houston, please houston, please houston!

i’ll go anywhere in the US, but id love to have them in houston just so i can find other houston toon supporters.

7. OC says:

When are they coming to Southern California????!!!! Wow.

8. The Gaffer says:

It’s nice to see Newcastle United decide to tour the United States. It’s been more than 10 years. Definitely a welcome return.

• Dan says:

Hear hear. I’d love to go, I hope fans do.
      “They’re here, they’re there, they’re every —-ing where, empty fields, empty fields…..” seeing Toon fans in Kansas would be as surreal as the classic “In your Monaco slums….”

• Davey says:

Gaffer,

Anyword on tickets?? I emailed Sporting KC today but no reply yet!!
        I will be heading out from Cali for sure!! But nothing will match my last live game 4-4 thriller at St. james’, Tiote Tiote!!1

Toon Toon!!!!

9. Jason says:

That makes 4 english teams coming to America already and its still pretty early. Man Utd, Everton, Bolton, Newcastle Utd. I bet there are more to come yet.

• The Gaffer says:

Jason, Bolton are coming? Send me more details. I wasn’t aware of that.

I know Sunderland and Manchester City are contemplating coming over.