Manchester United Add Massachusetts to U.S. Summer Tour, Says Report
The Boston Globe is reporting that Manchester United is planning on adding one match to their 2011 summer tour of the United States when they will play New England Revolution on July 14 at Foxborough Stadium. EPL Talk confirmed with sources on Friday that while the deal has not been officially signed, it looks likely that the July 14th date will be first of five matches that Manchester United will play in the United States this summer.
The tour will feature:
- July 14 versus New England Revolution, Foxborough Stadium, Massachusetts
- July 20 or 21 versus Seattle Sounders, Qwest Field, Washington state
- July 23 versus Chicago Fire, Soldier Field, Illinois
- July 27 versus MLS All-Star Team, Red Bull Arena, New Jersey
- July 30 versus Barcelona, Washington D.C.
Another piece of exclusive news is that EPL Talk can confirm that Manchester United’s game against Chicago Fire will be played at Soldier Field.
Manchester United and the Major League Soccer clubs involved in the tour are scheduled to make an official press announcement regarding the tour on Saturday, March 29. At that time, ticket information should be announced.