SUN, 11AM ET
GAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
BAS
LFC

Jack Wilshere Another Player Putting The Twit in Twitter

jack wilshere Jack Wilshere Another Player Putting The Twit in Twitter

Managers have it hard. This statement is not a ground breaking one. In recent times coaches have had to become more adept at addressing their player’s needs and dealing with different personalities. It’s one thing to stop your player talking to ESPN or Sky Sports when they feel annoyed, but with the creation of Twitter a new demon is born.

First it was Ryan Babel tweeting a picture of referee Howard Webb in a Manchester United kit. Now Jack Wilshere has decided to put the twit in Twitter with a dig at Birmingham captain Barry Ferguson. In the wake of Obafemi Martins’s last minute winner, the former Rangers man rubbed the head of Frenchman Laurent Kosicelny as he ran past.

Yes it was childish and not exactly the epitome of good sportsmanship but Wilshere taking to Twitter claiming his team-mate was slapped hardly saw him mount a high horse of his own. I appreciate he is frustrated, a trophy they were expected to win snatched from their grasp because of poor communication between goalkeeper and centre back. However in these instances, a deep breath is required, a calming walk, a game of Fifa 11, just something to sooth the mind before deciding if it’s a good idea.

The fact that a rapid delete rarely saves the tweeter makes it an even stupider decision. Even if you decide to comment at 3am GMT you can guarantee a football fan, somewhere will be watching your page. Take for example Wilshere’s message in the wake of the crazy 4-4 draw against Newcastle United:

‘Inconsistent refereing needs to stop.its killing the game.if Diaby goes..whats the difference between that and Nolan on our keeper!?? joke.’

The aforementioned quick delete didn’t stop numerous message boards and newspapers picking up the comments and despite claims of a Twitter hack from the player, the England international was lucky to avoid FA punishment.

So how does the modern manager stop this new problem? Often a social network shutdown is the easiest way. After Newcastle Jose Enrique tweeted he would miss the Spurs game hours before kick off, his manager responded none too kindly in his post match interview. The player eventually closed his Twitter account as it ‘caused too many problems’.

It’s not all bad though. Many of the world’s top players have good, fun Twitter pages that never blur the lines of asset and problem. After all, Twitter is a great way for fans and even journalists to connect with players. Posting pictures, re-tweets and even Twitter competitions for signed shirts and boots help form a bond when often players seem unapproachable to the fans that fund their profession.

If Wilshere feels bad about his recent tweets he must remember he is not alone. Take Gregory Van Der Wiel of Ajax. In 2009 he ruled himself out of a game for Holland because of concussion. Around the same time he posted a photo entitled ‘Me with Lil Wayne last night’. Not the smartest move for which he was quickly reprimanded with Bert Van Marwijjk saying footballers on social media should be banned.

Closer to home, Aston Villa’s Darren Bent used his page to vent his frustrations at a hold up in his move from Tottenham to Sunderland, curse words were even used. He apologized to his then employers and even closed his Twitter page at one point during his time with Sunderland to concentrate on his football.

Even then just when you think it’s safe because you’ve shut down your star players Twitter/Facebook don’t rule out a faux pas from his partner or family. Take Mrs David Bentley and Paul Konchesky’s Mum Carol.

The former took to her page to have a go at her husband’s manager Harry Redknapp with the ever so eloquent ‘Sort it our Harry for f***’s sake’. The now standard prompt delete and half hearted apology may have got Bentley his move north to Birmingham, but you imagine he was left rather red faced at training.

Mother Konchesky by contrast used Facebook to have a go at Liverpool fans degrading her son and his cockney roots. I appreciate the sentiment as no Mother likes to see their child so routinely and sometimes unnecessarily insulted. However this is one of the less desirable parts of being a footballer, fans have opinions and with the internet they have the means to broadcast these views.

So the lesson here? Tweet responsibly; ask yourself if your message is controversial or defamatory and would your manager appreciate it. Rio Ferdinand and Robbie Savage are the golden children here. Fun, joke exchanging players who display personality but maintain professionalism throughout.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Jack Wilshere Another Player Putting The Twit in Twitter

1. SFGooner says:

Agreed that players should think before they tweet, but if the FA would do something about the abysmal state of refereeing in the Premier League, perhaps players on Twitter would have less “controversial” things to say.

2. Phenoum says:

Title error… should have read

” KRISTAN HENEAGE – Another writer putting the ‘twit’ in EPL Talk ”

You tell them to take the high road in an article who’s title is derogatory and slandering? Nice one…

• Kris Heneage says:

It was a harmless play on words to be fair, slander seems overboard. Like if I was to highlight the lack of ‘twit’ in EPL talk. ;)

• Grant says:

Calling someone a twit for calling out a pretty glaring lack of sportsmanship makes you look like someone trolling for controversy. Maybe if thugs like Barry Ferguson were universally criticized for doing thuggish things, then other thugs like Wayne Rooney wouldn’t think that they could get away with things like throwing elbows. Anyway, just another reason why I only come to this site for the match calendar, and gave up on the articles long ago. This headline was too much to grit and bear, however.

• Scott Mac says:

Grant!! I too find myself coming here solely for the match calendar and TV broadcast schedule. My tipping point was last season when “The Gaffer” wrote an article about how boring Chelsea’s games were (winning 7-0, 6-0 etc…).

• The Gaffer says:

Scott Mac, sorry but watching Chelsea in those matches was boring, for me. It was my opinion. We’re not going to agree all the time :)

3. voodoochat says:

Oh no. Grammatical error in first word. Difficult to read.

4. Wow says:

Can’t even spell Wilshere correctly.

Jack has every right to stand up for his teammates, something older players can’t even do. Shows he cares about winning too, don’t see a player cry after a loss like that very often. Great man, great player.

5. jb says:

You might try spelling Jack’s last name right.

6. Bishopville Red says:

Like the Gaffer pointed out, the incident Wilshire commented on was stupidity on Ferguson’s part. No dispute there. However, Wilshire is quickly developing a reputation as a whiney little prat with an ego and sense of entitlement that outshines his star potential.

If he has an issue with his opponents, he should do something about it , not play the keyboard cowboy. Being the boy who talks big after all the men left the scene doesn’t earn him any points either. If he keeps it up, it won’t be long before someone shows him what’s it’s like to settle an issue face to face.

Imagine if he and his tweets were around in the days of Vinnie Jones, John Fashanu, Roy Keane, Terry Hurlock, or even further back with Jack Charlton and Norman Hunter. He’d have been sorted out before he could press “tweet”.

• Phenoum says:

Yeah – he should definitely have chased after him and socked him one…

No – that’s probably the stupidest thing i’ve heard all week. Arsenal players dont “do something about it” by following through a tackle and injuring other players for months. That’s a thug mentality and you’re way off base to be suggesting that. Have you no morals?

• Bishopville Red says:

I’m glad you agree that it’s the stupidest thing said all week. Can’t believe you’d think the only way to sort things out on the pitch is to try to punch someone. It’s possible to “do something about it” without breaking bones.

You could, for example, WIN THE GAME, or at least not make mistakes that get drilled out of U10 players. Both are easier to do if you’re not walking into a Wembley final as if all you have to do is turn up and you get the trophy.

Also, “Arsenal players don’t…” Getting stuck in does not mean you have to try to injure anyone. Just ask former shrinking violets like Patrick Vieira, Tony Adams and Martin Keown . The fact that you never replaced Vieira’s steel has nothing to do with your lack of trophies, right?

But it’s never been beyond Arsenal players to endanger opponents before. What’s the Red Card count under Arsene again? Even Lee Dixon, after being part of the pack that gave up “that” goal to Ryan Giggs, in the ’99 FA Cup SF broke a bone in Gigg’s ankle moments later by lumping him instead of the ball. How quickly Arsenal fans turn their noses up on exactly the football that made you supporters in the first place.

This is a game played by men. If Wilshire has a problem, it’s up to him to solve it. Whining about it is doing more harm than good.

• Jon Sharp says:

Phenoum,
        “Arsenal players dont “do something about it” by following through a tackle and injuring other players for months.”

I feel obliged to point out that Jack Wilshere is certainly capable of engaging in reckless tackles and injuring other players. He deservedly got a red card for a leg-breaker late tackle on Nikola Zigic when Blues visited the Emirates, which the media seemed anxious to excuse as youthful exuberance. Either way you didn’t see Zigic or McLeish getting on social media sites and whining about it. Wilshere is very talented, and even as a Bluenose I can very much appreciate what he does for Arsenal and English football but he is no Theo Walcott when it comes to sporting conduct on or off the pitch. Arsenal football club is not a stepping stone to beatification and if you think it is, then I respectfully suggest you read something other than the London papers.

7. stephen says:

Who cares? Should be allowed to say whatever he wants to say, stupid or not. God, the nanny-state mentality.

8. Jaymin says:

I like it. it humanizes players. This writer must prefer myths and symbols. Strange for one so young to be so old fashioned.

9. Kris Heneage says:

Jaymin do you not think calling refs a joke waves in the face of the respect campaign.

I just think they need forethought.

10. Matt says:

if he wants to magnify the complaining attitude that he displays on the the pitch, more power to him.

11. Jean-Christian says:

Absolutely ridiculous. I follow him on Twitter, and even considering his more playful and age-indicative tweets (like pictures of his sleeping teammates), I think he shows great restraint. I find him to be an extremely mature 19 year old. Furthermore, his honesty and openness on Twitter in all circumstances (positive or negative) bring him and his fans much closer together, far more so than the Twitter accounts I’ve seen of other players. New forms of communication should be embraced, not over-scrutinized and feared.

12. The cash 22 says:

Rubbed him on the head? It was even more than a slap as Wilshere said. He hit him pretty hard. Amazing character for Koscielny not to respond on the field. Though he may have thought the blow just a metaphoric shock he was feeling for what just happened. Tough loss.

• brn442 says:

Wilshere was right, I thought it was indeed a bit more than a tap on the head and it was poor sportsmanship.

13. Martin says:

Will this type of in depth article be included in EPL Talk Pro?

It boggles the mind that the author has a more negative opinion on Jack’s comments via Twitter than the actual act he is lambasting. Let the players voice their frustrations with whatever happens in the game with their fans. It is hilarious that the players are expected to just take the bad calls, horror tackle attempts, and unsportsmanlike conduct with their chin held high and mouths shut. Then if they speak out, people like Kristan lash out against them which in some twisted way supports the act the player is speaking out against.

14. Kris Heneage says:

Martin I think you’ve missed the point I’m trying to make. I fully acknowledge it was very poor sportsmanship from a 31 year old who should know better. I don’t even think I lambasted him, and if you read again I also mention Jack’s comments in the wake of Diaby’s red card.

My point is why go to Twitter and moan about it after the event? We all saw it we all agreed it was a stupid thing to do, he didn’t highlight the event for us it was clear to see.

By just accepting he becomes the bigger man.

• Martin says:

I do get the point. I wasn’t referring to you “lambasting” Jack, I was referring to Jack “lambasting” the Birmingham player via Twitter. I don’t agree with the notion that the players can’t be critical of the referees or other players. Let the players voice their displeasure via Twitter or Facebook or newspaper when it is called for. And in my view what Jack posting about the “slap” and the Diaby red card are justified. if we all agree on his views, then what’s the problem?

So, if Jack shuts up about it then he becomes the bigger man? If he gets his leg cracked during a game because of such comments he should just shut up about it and take it? If he’s critical of a referee and that referee turns a blind eye to him during the game, he should take the punishment and shut up about it? Where’s the feature article on the “twits” that pull these childish acts in game? Where’ the article bashing the Birmingham player for tapping Koscielny’s head and being unsportsmanlike?

15. Kris Heneage says:

So a broken leg is comparable to a slapped head? Im sorry your team and we’ll just agree to disagree.

Thanks

• Kris Heneage says:

*your team lost.

• Martin says:

I’m sorry you write such crap articles and that you help contribute to people scoffing at a pay version of this site when there is the possibility we’ll have to pay to read your drivelling gobbledygook. In the future, I guess I’ll just avoid your posts and be the bigger man.

16. Woo says:

HAHAHA seeing some of the replies on here, it’s quite easy to pick out which ones are the upset arseANAL fans – remember the incident on van nistelrooy by several arsenal players a while back after he missed a penalty?

Yes, it was very poor sportsmanship for ferguson to do that but i find it hilarious that the word ‘slap’ is seen as the appropriate choice of word

Wilshere was the only one complaining – he’s just a whiney little brat with a temper who can’t take a loss. watch how many times he complains to the referee during matches and throws his weight around

plus, the irony of ferguson being lectured by wilshere on twitter for a ‘slap’ when he’s been arrested twice in the past year, once for assault.

jack wilshere the internet hardman

• John R says:

agree 100%. Im a NUFC supporter, but have no real hatred against Arsenal. I like some of their players and like to see them do well in the Champions league. That said, Wilshere, as talented as he is, is becoming a real annoyance for me. He is constantly complaining to the referees and making a fool of himself. Jack, earn the captain’s armband, and then you can go talk to the referee, but please dont go crying everytime an arsenal player is on the receiving end of a tough challenge. I understand that every team has a player or two that tend to complain a ton to the referee, but Wilshere really seems to go above and beyond.

• Phenoum says:

Yeah – that Fletcher fellow running at and pushing the ref is such a gent…

PS – Piss off with your NUFC “annoyance”. You lot annoy the piss out of me but I could care less about what Carro… oh wait – about what (who play’s for you again?) says on twitter…

• John R says:

1) i didnt say Fletcher was a gent. That was poor form too. pushing a ref should never be allowed. I also personally believe that only the captain of the team should be allowed to make cases to a ref.

2) my annoyance is not based on my NUFC fandom. I stated i have no problem with arsenal and like seeing them do well in European competitions. My annoyance comes from my own beliefs regardless of team affiliation. i just dont like how Wilshere acts on the pitch. If you disagree, you can tell me to piss off. I’m a big boy, i can handle that. But to tell me to piss off because of my “NUFC annoyance” just doesnt make sense based on my previous statements.

3) Sure, NUFC fans can be loud and obnoxious, but im personally not like that. I try to make respectful, reasoned arguments with everything i say. do i personally annoy the piss out of you?

4) Im glad you are not following Carroll on twitter. its a fake account.

• Phenoum says:

Whoa! a real conversation :) Well lets have a proper discussion then!

1) yeah – believe it was Webb with the Fletcher incident no? not surprising in that case ( Maybe Babel had it right :) )

2) I realize that I’m a bit blind to the behaviour of my own Team’s lads – and I suppose I can see where you’re coming from on that. I always wanted to punch C. Ron in the face when he acted like the world should bow at his feet, and all ref’s should give him every call. I guess I’m just so glad to see the Heart that Jack puts into every game. You can tell he REALLY cares – and he wears it on his sleeve right now – perhaps in the years to come he’ll learn to reign it in a bit, but i’d take him just like this if that means he continues to put in the effort and heart the way he does.

3) and my bad again on that – Hard to find an intelligent conversation – and I made assumptions

4) that was just a dig at you all :) and in any case – glad to see you’re back in the Prem. I remember genuinely hoping Shearer could hold you in it. Some great history with Owen and Shearer :) Carroll may have been a must-sell because of the $ involved, but i’d have liked to see you keep him and develop a team, not a business plan…

• John R says:

phenoum, it wouldnt let me respond to your second post, so i had to respond to this one. Hope you see it….

Im also glad to have good discussions on this comment section.

Hey, we all can get a bit carried away when our team is being discussed directly. I know i have a tendency to see things through blcak and white colored glasses when nufc is involved. no worries there dude.

Please dont get me wrong, Wilshere has immense talent, and the amount of heart he puts out in every game is commendable. I wish every player in the league played with that amount of heart for his team. I give him full credit for that. But he has to be careful letting his heart get the best of him. Sometimes when people run full bore and full of emotion, they can overreact in some circumstances (not saying his displeasure at ferguson was an overreaction). I dont want to see Wilshere’s talent overshadowed by his emotion, like Gattuso let his emotions get the best of him recently. (though as an arsenal supporter, i bet you didnt mind seein Joe Jordan headbutted! ;) )

As for Carroll – that was a blow, i gotta admit. But the 35 mil is way more than anyone was expecting for him. He may one day earn that fee, but i dont think he was there yet. It sucks to see him leave, but that money takes the sting out of it a bit. now i just hope it gets reinvested in the club. regardless of carroll though, i do think there is a foundation of a club being built. It wont be like man city or chelsea that buys a foundation. NUFC is growing theirs from youth ranks and value transfers (like Ben Arfa and Tiote). it will take a while and it wont be flashy, but should NUFC survive the next few seasons, there is a chance they become a quality team with trips to Europe in the next few years.

Best of luck to yall this weekend. Ill be rooting for arsenal. Hope yall take Sunderland down!

17. Aaron says:

whoever wrote this article is a complete idiot. jack never said anything about ferguson slapping koscielny “hard” you just completely made that up. once again.. idiot

• John R says:

reread the portion of the article you are referencing. I think you will see the author wrote something completely different than you allege.

18. Aaron says:

Poor journalism here.

The Birmingham player did not “rub” Kolscielny’s head. He hit him as he ran past. Yet you judge Jack for voicing what everyone was thinking. He shouldn’t be ashamed of that comment and apparently he isn’t, as it is still on his twitter page. He didn’t use the “standard prompt delete”. Finally, if whining about the Birmingham player doesn’t make him a bigger man, it follows that you whining about his use of twitter doesn’t make you the bigger man.

• Woo says:

obviously an upset arsenal fan

• Phenoum says:

Obviously a snide non-Arsenal fan.

And you’re saying the hit to the head wasnt’ deplorable?

• Woo says:

This whole thing about him being ‘hit’ has been completely blown out of proportion. what ferguson did was immature and unsportsmanlike, it wasn’t a hit, it was clearly done to let him know the defender played a part in conceding the goal to sort of rub it in his face. A pretty twattish thing to do, yes

but wilshere going on twitter to rally his fans against ferguson just for this incident is pathetic though. he squared up to ferguson but then had to take it a step further by posting some sulky status on twitter, which isn’t exactly ‘very big’ of him either. i bet ferguson was laughing his head off when he heard about it

yes, i don’t like him at all, regardless of how good a player he is.

• Phenoum says:

Agree 100%

19. Dave C says:

Managers should just tell players not to use twitter at all. Easy solution.

Generally, twitter is a tool for vacuous idiots who think they’re being profound by broadcasting every thought that passes through their brain. No adult should be using it.

• Wow says:

Your opinion on Twitter itself has no relevance to the subject, especially as it’s clear you don’t understand it or its many uses. Clearly you’re the one who is not adult here.

20. john r says:

I dont disagree with your first two points. But the last one is a bit tenuous. You are sort of comparing apples to oranges. Wilshere is a professional athlete taking to twitter as a traditionally unconventional method to comment on his views of the game. The author of this article is a blogger writing for a soccer blog that specializes opinions of topics that affect the game both on and off the field. it is the author’s job to write these opinions, including ones in which discusses how twitter updates potentially bring a player into a bad light or shows the player to be potentially childish.

There are a lot of players who feel aggrieved during a game, but the vast majority do not go to twitter to complain. They bottle it up, or go through the right channels to voice concerns affecting the game. Wilshere seems to me to be doing neither of those and chose to go on twitter to complain. Whether i agree with the author’s conclusion or not, it is a fair argument for the writer to make, and does not determine whether the author is the “bigger man.”

• john r says:

my post was supposed to be in response to Aaron’s. sorry bout that.

• Aaron (2) says:

I should clarify that I didn’t realize someone else had already posted with the name Aaron. This and the one that starts “Poor journalism” are mine. The one above it you replied to previously isn’t.

Also, I should clarify that I’m not making the point that this writer isn’t “the bigger man”, just extending his logic. On the contrary, I think calling someone out (be it this writer or Jack) is fine.

I think Jack should be allowed to call out other players’ unsportsman like conduct. Seeing his opinions on the game is what makes his twitter page interesting. If all he did was post about his dog and going to the grocery store I would stop following him. I want Arsenal players’ opinions on football. Similar to Szczesny making fun of Ashley Cole’s missed penalty. Nothing wrong with that. If you don’t like it, don’t follow him. (I don’t follow non-Arsenal players)

• John R says:

fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. btw, good luck against sunderland. hope yall destroy them.

21. John R says:

sorry again, i should say i dont disagree with the first post, slightly disagree with the second post and fully disagree with the third.

22. Eric says:

Jack’s comment was completely right. Hitting Koscielny in the head after he’d made such a big mistake just adds injury to insult. It was very unsportsmanlike and good for Jack for calling him out on it.

I love that the Arsenal players are on twitter these days. It makes them way more accessible, and I’m a bigger fan of Jack because of his posts.

• Phenoum says:

agree – feel like more of a “personal” connection just in seeing random tweet pics, and hearing authentic thoughts. The authenticity is what makes is great, and with the comes the venting and frustration. But that’s what I love about it – not filtered and “proper” – raw and real

23. Mike says:

Kristian … seriously? Commentating on it on Twitter is worse than the actual slap? Really?

Horrible article.

• John R says:

At the risk of sounding like an EPLTalk Defender, i’ll step in and give my opinion.

I dont think the author was saying that the tweet was worse than the “rub.” (though i’ll admit, Ferguson’s action was more than a rub) I think the author was trying to state that while “rubbing” a players head is immature, there is an argument that resorting to twitter to lodge a complaint is also, on some level, immature, and then used that tweeting incident initiate a discussion on the effect of player’s tweets on how the general public (or even their manager) may view the player.

I think there is a little bit of overreaction on some people’s part to the contents of the article. I believe the author minimizes Ferguson’s action, but think the article as a whole is a valid discussion on the perils of tweeting whether it be looking like a whiner to the general public or pissing off your manager.

24. Patrick in Austin says:

I think one thing that would really improve this article would be an actual reproduction of the tweet in question, as you gave us for the tweet regarding the Newcastle fiasco, rather than an off-hand reference to it. Believe it or not, not everyone follows Jack Wilshere on twitter.

As to the article itself, I have to side with those who think it was, at best, a lazy attempt at a trite topic. If the author’s premise is that any tweet by a player that could be interpreted as sarcastic or negative is detrimental because it causes a distraction for himself, his team, and his managers, he should have waited to roll out the 1000th blog post to make that point until a better example came along. Wilshere’s tweet was not the same as Babel expressly implying referee bias. He wasn’t rude, crude, particularly controversial, and didn’t call in to question the integrity of the match itself. From what I can tell, he used good, old fashioned, dry, English Sarcasm to criticise an opposing player for an unsportsmanlike expression of celebration. Players in every sport have made similar comments to reporters for decades. Just because a comment is on twitter and sarcastically refers to an event in a game doesn’t automatically make it analagous to Babel tweeting a picture of a ref in a ManU shirt.

I’m willing to chalk this up to a momentary lapse of critical judgement from an aspiring sportswriter, and because of the lack of true harm done, reserve judgment (and name-calling) until said sportswriter actually does something of note. Perhaps he should show the same restraint when critiquing aspiring football stars.

25. The best thing about player tweets is that that the readers know the players haven’t been misquoted by someone else.

I’m not entirely sure that Twitter really does bring the player closer to the fans, but I’m sure I have a more accurate picture of what makes him tick.

This, of course, only holds up when it is the player rather than his PR team (or his mum!) tweeting.

26. Thomas says:

I have a pretty high tolerance, and I don’t get shocked, so to me the whole Twitter thing is far from a big deal to me. I like the players are being real. Especially since I remember most of them are relatively young men, not saints.

On the flipside, I feel relatively little sympathy for the players. They know this is the world we live in. A compromising photo can be uploaded from anyone’s mobile these days, and when they tweet, a large number of people will see. It’s the nature of their CHOSEN profession.

27. Lyle says:

Who cares? Get over Twitter media people. It’s a wet dream for you, I know, but it’s just online banter. Meaningless.

Worry about Egyptian football post-revolution instead.

28. Martin says:

What exactly was so offensive and immature about Wilshere’s comment that even warrants a full article? Ever consider the fact that he didn’t actually see the slap live and thus didn’t react on the field and is now reacting after the fact via twitter? I’d be a little upset if somebody did that to one of my teammates.

• woo says:

He gave it the billy big bollocks act by squaring up to ferguson after the game, but then has to go and bitch about it to all his fans on twitter because he’s that much of a sore loser. he’s a horrible, whiney little arsewipe who spends half of the time on the pitch moaning to the referee each time an arsenal player gets tackled

didn’t see any other arsenal players that bothered by it – it was hardly a vicious foul that deserved a sending off was it, and it wasn’t a ‘hit’

• Phenoum says:

woo – you’re just spewing with sh!t today arent you? Isn’t there some other place you can regurgitate your hate for Jack?

• Martin says:

Nobody, including Jack, said that it was a vicious foul or deserved a sending off. The point is that it was disrespectful and unprofessional, and any Arsenal supporter or player has the right to be a little perturbed as it should be if it happened to any other clubs. Players stand up for their teammates.

29. Moe says:

I am a Arsenal supporter and i am fine with Jack Calling him out. It’s a Dick move Ferguson did. We all know if someone did what he did against a player on the team you support, you would feel the same way. Yes Arsenal supporters are mad about the loss, but a classless act should never be excused. What if jack never brought up the smack on the head? no one would have realized how classless he is. Those of you who are Annoyed with Jack, get use to HIM. Baring Injury he is the future of Football in England.

30. Jebber Jones says:

No problem for me if he twitted and twitted with no limits, as long as he steps up specially on the absence of RVP and Theo. Jack’s fabulous football player and he will for sure make a difference right now and for the years to come.