SUN, 8:30AM ET
THFC
SAT, 7:45AM ET
AST
NEW

Verizon FiOS Delays Launch of Fox Soccer Channel in HD

fsc hd fios Verizon FiOS Delays Launch of Fox Soccer Channel in HD

It’s been almost 12 months since DISH Network were the first TV provider to launch Fox Soccer Channel in HD. Since then, slowly but surely, other major TV providers such as DirecTV, some Time Warner regions and smaller cable providers have added the channel. Verizon FiOS customers have been enduring an agonizing wait to find out when the channel will be added to their programming guide. However with today’s news, Verizon FiOS customers will have to wait even longer.

Up until a few weeks ago Fox Soccer Channel was next in line to become available in HD on Verizon FiOS. But now, according to Verizon FiOS Director of Product Management Joe Ambeault, the release of Fox Soccer Channel HD has been delayed because it has been bumped to the number two position. Instead of Fox Soccer Channel HD being released next, Verizon FiOS has decided to launch BET HD next.

If you’re a Verizon FiOS customer and you want Fox Soccer Channel in HD, use the following resources:

In the meantime, EPL Talk reader Jeff S. has told us that Cablevision has added Fox Soccer Plus to its sports package at no additional cost. And they will be adding Fox Soccer Channel HD and Fox Soccer Plus in HD later this month.

As for Comcast customers who want Fox Soccer Plus and/or Fox Soccer Channel in HD, still no word from the company who had their merger with NBC approved earlier this week.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Verizon FiOS Delays Launch of Fox Soccer Channel in HD

1. Nick says:

In other words, we’re all fighting a losing battle.

2. Earl Reed says:

“Ambeault said, via Twitter, that “BET gets way more viewers – even on Saturday morning (but yes FSC fans are very passionate).”

That’s what it comes down to. Until soccer finds a way to bully its way past some of this country’s more popular sports, the cable providers who are holding out have easy reasons to ignore the existing soccer fans.

• The Gaffer says:

It’s a bit chicken and the egg though. Fox’s ratings would climb significantly if fans could watch games in HD. Right now, if it’s a choice between Premier League in HD on ESPN2 or an EPL match in SD on Fox Soccer Channel, most people will pick ESPN2.

3. Joe says:

Just called them a flip out I left cv cause I was told if a hd channel is out fios will try and provide it asap..

The rep was a fan as well and said they herd the news as well and would place my complaint I’n a que I think every one should call

4. LL says:

I even think the picture on espn 3 is better than fsc. I would rather versus or espn take the rights at this point from FSC as i get those channels in hd.

• Yespage says:

Seriously? FSC or FSC in HD? FSC in HD looks sharp. Maybe ESPN3 would look better on a 15 inch screen, but ESPN3 and FSC HD on a TV… no way ESPN3 is better.

• Matt says:

Yes, seriously – FiOS hasn’t provided FSCHD yet, so the ESPN3 picture is definitely better, especially since I can stream that through my Xbox to my HDTV and receive HD quality video.

5. Kevin says:

Fox Deportes (HD FD coming very soon!), FSC, FSC +, GOL TV, Telemundo, UEFA 8 channel soccer channel, MLS ticket, EPL etc. all in HD ONLY on Directv.

I just switched from Dish and also saved a lot of money so please look into it and list me as your referral so we can both save $100 -especially in this economy. If you love soccer like me you MUST get Directv!

(if you do not give my acct. # at the time of order neither of us will get the additional $100 off)

Kevin Directv Acct.#: 062212111

For more info on the referral program & $100 credit:

http://www.directv.com or call Directv referral dept. 1-800-507-4045

• trickybrkn says:

I dropped Directv years back. Loved the Tivo DVR back in the days of SD and the extra Setana channel they used to carry. But once I upgraded to HD, sports became and issue as the DVR had major issues. They swapped it out 7 times, and the same lags, freezes, resetting and lost data. If you can get Diectv and Tivo do it, but the Directv DVR is the worst in the business.

• rose says:

Although Direct TV may have the Fox Soccer Channel I can say as an employee/customer of DISH network they have referral programs as well. With Direct TV you get the credit in installments as the new customer where as with DISH you get just one lump sum. They also have there HD package free for life so that saves you some money as well. DISH has the lowest prices in the industry and has awesome promotions going on. DISH has the # 1 DVR systems in the industry as well. It is an all around great deal to go through DISH.

6. joe hirst says:

Well, i am pissed….. I have just added Comcast’s “Sport Package to an existing Digital HD plan, here in Chicago SPECIFICALLY to watch soccer in HD. Okay, the Sport Package only has “2″ soccer channels (FSCHD and GOLTV) but i can watch the home shopping and numerous other useless channels in glorious HD on my 2000 dollar HD tv… the 2 soccer channels!!!!, crappy Digital only, and how annoying is that HD logo on FSC when you would get a better picture on an old Tube TV than a Digital one on a HD TV, it’s all fuzzy and gives you a headache after a while. I am going to give Comcast/FSC a couple of weeks to either make it HD, or at the very least get FSC to remove the lying Logo off, or it’s bye bye my Comcast account!.

• Jeff says:

Dude are you serious? You might as well cancel now. I have been fighting this battle for a year. Also, do you actually think you will get FSC to remove the HD logo?

• Jeff says:

By the way, @ComcastBill on Twitter says they are beginning to roll out FSCHD to certain markets. But like I said I have been fighting this battle for a year now and have got nowhere. Don’t think you will be able to start a revolution in 2 weeks.

• stephen says:

They broadcast the exact same on both SD and HD, so the HD logo will stay.

7. Sayan says:

Well, I am going to disconnect my FioS connection. Direct tv is the way to go for soccer fans in USA. The problem is getting a good internet connection replacement. Without the bundle the FioS internet is way expensive.

8. joe hirst says:

Well, i am pissed….. I have just added Comcast’s “Sport Package to an existing Digital HD plan, here in Chicago SPECIFICALLY to watch soccer in HD. Okay, the Sport Package only has “2″ soccer channels (FSCHD and GOLTV) but i can watch the home shopping and numerous other useless channels in glorious HD on my 2000 dollar HD tv… the 2 soccer channels!!!!, crappy Digital only, and how annoying is that HD logo on FSC when you would get a better picture on an old Tube TV than a Digital one on a HD TV, it’s all fuzzy and gives you a headache after a while. I am going to give Comcast/FSC a couple of weeks to either make it HD, or at the very least get FSC to remove the lying Logo off, or it’s bye bye my Comcast account!!!.

9. Dave says:

For me it’s more about how they went back on their word.

And it’s not about BET HD getting more viewers but some of the other moronic channels they stack in HD so they can pad their HD channel numbers. I mean Wealth TV HD??? The Outdoor channel? Tennis Channel??? You can’t tell me Tennis and their four tournaments that people actually care about which they don’t show all of is better than FSC HD.

Whatever, until they get MSG HD they will always have a second rate sports package anyway.

10. Phil says:

I’m pretty sure I’m missing something. What does one have to with the other? Is it a bandwidth issue?

• trickybrkn says:

Phil you are 100% right. It is bandwidth issue, but FiOS lies all the time and says they have plenty of bandwidth…

• Jason Adkins says:

FIOS is out of bandwidth until it either adds more digital compression to its channels or goes to an IPTV system. This is technical but FIOS puts two channels on a QAM when many cable providers put three channels on a QAM. A QAM is roughly equivalent to one analog cable channel that can fits several SD channels of 2-3 HD channels.

11. Art says:

Hopefully FSC-HD by mid-march when 2 part time HD channels expire (red zone and something else)… Fios wont have much capacity until they switch to IPTV…

12. Greekboy says:

Check out YouTube by greekthuglife69 see how Verizon treats their workers u already know how they treat u

13. BBC says:

Still nothing on Uverse, no news, no soccer in HD. . . nothing

14. stephen says:

Not going to win any fans, but I’d wish for BBC America HD first, FSC HD second.

15. stephen says:

We can only wish for the day that the SD channels are removed from taking up precious space.

16. phil says:

On a related note, I guess I shouldn’t actually give my actual email address, since whether or not I clock the box “Notify me of followup comments via e-mail”, i get notified of followup comments via e-mail.

• The Gaffer says:

Phil, I tested it and I’m not getting the same issue as you are. In the e-mails you receive, you should see an option whereby you can unsubscribe from the thread. Try that. If it doesn’t work, please forward the e-mail to me at thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com

17. Matt says:

How hard is it really for a billion dollar company Time Warner to put Fox Soccer Channel in a HD tier in the Albany NY I’ve been pleading w/ customer service for six months and every time a different excuse? WTF is going on with cable today.Really must make the move to Direct TV or Verizon Fios?

18. John says:

Cablevision, Woodbury, LI now has FSC & FS+ in HD; I just subscribed to the sportspac to get FS+ in HD…..

19. Joe says:

@FiOSTV
    Verizon FiOS TV
    No win situation – my next tweet about FSC HD will be after the press release that it is available (when I don’t respond, I still heard you)

• Dave says:

Joe we know you are merely a conduit and not the one making these decisions so don’t take it personally. It’s just frustrating as Champions league and the FA Cup are going to be heating up as well as the last part of the season and many of us were looking forward to finally seeing it all in HD.

20. Jerry says:

Its makes you wonder how the FIOS employees who made this decision ever got promoted to their current positions without having a clue about what’s going on around them. How many customers do they think they would lose if Bernie Mac and Mo’Nique were not available in HD? Seeing they have no clue, I will thell them… ZERO. So I can switch back to Cablevision, stop paying an extra $15 a month for FSC+, and watch FSC and FSC+ in HD. Tough decision. Idiots.

21. Jose Villareal says:

Yeah I’m gonna have to watch Arsenal vs Barcelona again this time on YES network in HD tonight because VERIZON FIOS DOESNT HAVE FSC in HD!!!!!

Weather HD???? Are serious??? “Yeah I want to watch the temperature map in HD”!!! Gotta be f kidding me!

Honestly I don’t think they’ll add FSC HD at least until 2012. I’ve waited for too long. The longer it takes the more I think about switching to Direct TV who by they way have GOLTV in HD and later Fox Deportes in HD so I can watch Copa Libertadores in HD (Verizon will probably add them to their lineup in 2015 or something haha). That ugly dish sitting on top of your house wouldn’t be a bad idea after all.

• lenier says:

JOSE DISCULPAME PERO USTED SABE ALGO ACERCA DE ESPN DEPORTES EN ALTA DEFINICION PARA EL 16 DE ABRIL FIOS LO BRINDARA>?

22. Dan P says:

I just got FIOS installed today and their latest channel guide lists FSC in HD on channel 584, with (Coming Soon) next to it. So there is hope!

23. lenier says:

somebody know about espn deportes in hd by fios >?

24. Lekter says:

FSC HD is NOW available for Verizon FiOS. I got mine today as I was checking future UEFA Champions League games under the Upcoming Shows tab and when I saw FSC HD 584 I almost cried. Anyways finally after years and years of asking for it we got it. Thank you Verizon and sorry if we at times acted like little kids asking for chocolate haha.

25. stephen says:

You serious?

If you’re joking we will hunt you down.

26. Lekter says:

I’m not joking. I live in Tampa, Fl and Channel 584 is FSC HD in 720p and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround. I might make a video and post it on YouTube later but no we’re not dreaming guys, FSC HD is now available on Verizon FiOS!!!!!

27. stephen says:

Just saw on Fios channel line up for your area. Mine (23608) still a no-go. But it’s a 4 day roll-out according to this: http://epltalk.com/fox-soccer-channel-hd-coming-to-verizon-fios-in-april-30438

28. Lekter says:

Yeah bro right now I’m watching the Champions League (Manchester United vs Chelsea 2nd leg) in HD. Where do you live? I’m sure you’ll get it soon.

29. Art says:

Channel 584 – live in HD now.
    Chelsea vs ManU was nice in HD.