Powered by
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Premier League Boxing Day, Gameweek 19: Open Thread

Premier League Boxing Day, Gameweek 19: Open Thread

It seems like it’s been so long since we’ve had a chance to watch Premier League matches, so today’s assortment of Boxing Day matches is a welcome return. The early kick-off between Fulham and West Ham has already ended but we have plenty of other matches in store for us today.

Unfortunately there have been two games postponed thus far. Blackpool against Liverpool because of a frozen pitch, and Everton against Birmingham due to frozen water pipes.

Nevertheless, there are several other matches on today including Manchester United against Sunderland, Newcastle United against Manchester City, Blackburn versus Stoke, Bolton against West Brom, Wolves versus Wigan and finally Aston Villa against Spurs.

Before, during or after the matches, feel free to post your rants, questions or observations about the games in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Premier League Boxing Day, Gameweek 19: Open Thread

1. Siena Denton says:

Just watched the Fulham vs West Ham game and I guess it will come down to which one will be relegated. With todays win a must for both sides, however, the cards fell the ‘Hammers’ way and no doubt that would in some minute way appease the club’s two owners and Avram Grant hanging onto his manager’s position…#Just FULL TIME SCORE: Fulham 1 – 3 West Ham

Cheers :)

2. Sundar says:

Fulham and West Ham showed why they are at the place in the table that they are. Crappy football. Too many shots taken too few chances created. They both dont stand a chance with a top side. But 2 players to watch out Clint Dempsey for Fulham and Scotty Parker for West Ham. I hope something good happens for them this transfer window, even though i realize thats just wishful thinking.

3. BA14 says:

so when does Hughes get sacked?

4. AmericanGooner says:

I was amazed at how few chances Fulham created. I hadn’t watched any of their games yet this season and wasn’t expecting them to be as poor as they are. Do you think Hughes will get the sack before the Transfer window or be allowed one window to assemble his own team since he’s playing almost entirely with an inherited team?

5. Ramesh says:

Damn! I missed EPL action. Having the games back on is just fantastic.

I was impressed by West Ham today. Although you can see it all falling apart for Fulham. I really didnt expect them to be so bad.

As for Manchester United, I thought they would be rusty, but they have come out firing. WIth a little bit of luck, they could have up 3 or 4 scores. Two times they hit woodwork & Rooney was ever so close on a couple of attempts. Wazza needs to get on the board.

6. Couldn’t agree more, welcome back football. I wonder how long it will be until Blackpool play at home again though

7. trickybrkn says:

I keep seeing FSC advertise a triple header. Naturally I was excited since West Ham was the early match. But the are delay broadcast Newcastle v City… That’s not a triple header… COME ON.

COYI.

and I still remain faithful that we will survive.

8. US Stoke Fan says:

Does anybody really think Blackburn won’t go down after they sacked Allardyce? Only Blackpool had a weaker roster. I don’t doubt that Hughes will probably be given his walking papers but you have to figure that Fulham will get a boost when Zamora gets back in the last 3 months.

My relegated sides are: Wolves, Blackburn, & I’m beginning to lean towards Villa. They have an awful goal differential(-9) and they are on their way to firing their 2nd manager in less than half a season. As a side they remind me of Newcastle when they went down.

9. brn442 says:

This is silly – is it too much to require teams coming into the Premier League to have under-soil heating.

10. jose says:

hey gaffer, championship note: QPR 4 SWANSEA O – ouch. QPR is tearing it up and i heard a rumor that they are poised to sign mutu in january.

• The Gaffer says:

That was one of the worst Swansea performances I’ve seen in quite some time. QPR did an excellent job of defending well at home. And Adel Taarabt for QPR was man of the match.

11. MrRichPeoples says:

It is very nice to watch the delayed EPL game on FSC and not have the result already spoiled by ESPN.