Season's Greetings From EPL Talk

On behalf of everyone at EPL Talk, I’d like to wish you and your loved ones a very sincere Happy Holidays.

As a special treat, we have the Boxing Day matches on a weekend this year, so many of us — especially in the United States — will be able to watch the matches without going into work. It’s not often we can do that, so definitely enjoy the day of English football and keep your fingers crossed that weather won’t postpone the matches.

For me and my family it’ll be a joyous weekend spent celebrating it with loved ones, opening presents and having a merry drink, or two. I’d like to personally thank you for your patronage to this site (it’s been our best year by far in our five year history with more traffic and comments than ever before), so I hope you have a wonderful weekend wherever you live in this world. Cheers!

Photo credit: Coachie Ballgames

7 thoughts on “Season's Greetings From EPL Talk”

1. As a slightly early Christmas present, the Premier League today announced the details of fixtures rearranged due to snow postponements.

Here are the dates of the original fixtures with the rearranged dates and times in parentheses (times are GMT):

Saturday, 18 December 2010
    Arsenal v Stoke (now Tue 22 Feb 2011 19:45)
    Birmingham v Newcastle (Tue 15 Feb 2011 19:45)
    Wigan v Aston Villa (Tue 25 Jan 2011 19:45)
    Liverpool v Fulham (Wed 26 Jan 2011 20:00)

Sunday, 19 December 2010
    West Brom v Wolverhampton (Tue 22 Feb 2011 20:00)
    Blackpool v Tottenham (Tue 22 Feb 2011 20:00)
    Chelsea v Man Utd (Tue 1 Mar 2011 19:45)

Additionally, in a non-weather-related development, Manchester United – Manchester City is now set for Saturday 12 February at 12:45 GMT. The match was originally scheduled for Sunday 13 February, but was brought forward due to City’s Europa League match on the following Tuesday.

2. I am looking forward to boxing day more than Christmas. American and English football all day long. Now I just need two tvs so I can watch Spurs at 1230 and the Buffalo Bills at 1.

3. Merry Christmas to the Gaffer and all EPL followers. And a happy and winning New Year – especially for the team from White Hart Lane. COYS!!

4. Chris:

A Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year. Every year EPL Talk finds new ways to brighten up my year and help me appreciate the game. It was truly a gift this year to get together with you and the other fans at the World Cup viewing party and then having the pleasure of you visiting Chicago and taking in a Fire game with me. Everyone I have meet through the site has been wonderful! Football is too often linked to violence and bad behavior but the people here have been a blessing.

Merry Christmas to All!