Powered by
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Guess When Comcast Will Add Fox Soccer Channel HD

fschd Guess When Comcast Will Add Fox Soccer Channel HD

While soccer fans throughout the United States are enjoying their Premier League soccer matches in glorious HD, Comcast subscribers such as myself and countless others have to watch the same games in SD. The picture quality in SD, especially on Fox Soccer Channel, is woeful at times. The sooner Comcast gets its act together, the better.

But how soon? There’s been no news for months regarding when Comcast may add not only Fox Soccer Channel in HD but also Fox Soccer Plus to its packages. So, for a little bit of fun, I thought I’d ask you — the readers — to guess when Comcast will finally get the message and flip the switch to add these two HD channels.

Post your guesses below including the date and year of when you think Comcast will add Fox Soccer Channel in HD and Fox Soccer Plus. Unfortunately Comcast works on a regional basis, so even if one area of the country gets it, it’s up to your local regional office whether they’ll add it too.

As for my guess when I’ll be able to get FSCHD and FS+, I’m going to say June 30, 2011. But let’s hope it’s much sooner!

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Guess When Comcast Will Add Fox Soccer Channel HD

1. Kris says:

FWIW FS+ (621) on DirecTV is brutal in SD!! I just called DirecTV and the woman I spoke with checked the set in her office and came back with “wow…that does look horrible!!”. Basically she confirmed what I already knew and the poor quality is a problem with Fox. She said they would have thier engineers check it out and contact Fox. Not holding my breath, but if more people call DirecTV and email FS+ maybe they will improve.

• Earl Reed says:

I actually dropped FS+ from my DirecTV lineup in September. I couldn’t justify paying $15 for SD only. I had complained a couple of times, especially when their HD coverage of live games was dead the second week of the season. So my thought is that I’d rather pay for Foxsoccer.TV which is SD but I can watch on my laptop anywhere, rather than pay the same price for SD on the TV.

If DirecTV upgrades FS+ to full-time HD, I will likely reconsider.

As an aside, at the time I dumped FS+, I also dumped the sports pack, which includes FSC, since I was paying for foxsoccer.tv. In the end, I’ve now concluded it’s worth having FSC HD after being without. So that’s where I stand right now, and it’s up to DirecTV if they want to bring FS+ HD to their paying customers.

• Phil says:

DirecTV does have some FSC+ HD on 621-1. That channel is only used for select live matces. Most of the live EPL, Serie A, & Ligue 1 matches air there.

I assume they’ll change it to a mirrored HD channel at some point.

The SD is poor even by SD standards.

2. Brandon says:

Never… Comcast sucks.

• brian says:

this seems to be the correct answer

• soonerscotty says:

Agreed…Never.

Comcast is horrible in every way imaginable. I just wish I had an option in my area (satellite is a no go at my apt). Epic Fail.

• soonerscotty says:

Seriously, I don’t think Comcast will ever add FSC or FS+ in HD…they just added like 60 channels in HD in my area (southern NM) and I got 3 shopping channels in HD but, they won’t add BBC America??

Worst.Company of any kind.EVER!

• Vernon Kay's Text Messages says:

I actually contacted ComcastCares (I know it’s an oxymoron) on twitter and inquired about FSC in HD. I was informed that it is in the works and a rollout is being planned. It won’t be before Christmas, but according to the response I got it appears it will be a reality in 2011. I have asked about other channels before and been told that there are no plans to add that channel or it is being negotiated, so to hear that it is in the works and a rollout is being planned makes me optimistic for early 2011.

3. John says:

The single greatest tragedy of my life….

…I am moving to an apartment that only has Comcast and I must give up my DirectTV. No more FSCHD, FSC+HD, GOLTVHD, Channels 471-480 for UEFA….

…I am seriously distraught.

Does anyone, anywhere know anybody at Comcast we can plead to?

4. Mark says:

The eleventeenth of Febtober.

5. John says:

Oh, and I say 2012….booooo!

6. Viz says:

You guys should switch to DTV or Dish. I did. Comcast is just a thorn in the side when it comes to programming. Their Xfinity & OnDemand seem to be the only thing they focus on. I would drop them ASAP. A 2-Year contract with the satellite guys seems a good deal for me. Especially when I think of watching the game in beautiful HD for 2-Years.

7. Z says:

Comcast is out of touch with its customers. I’d be surprised if they ever get it! Worst cable company ever. My gf is cancelling her service bc of the ungodly prices and crap like this. I’d say at the earliest (if ever) 2012!

8. ChicagoBrian says:

A very unreliable rep told me December, so not sure what that means. Took years to get comedy central HD…..Glad I have a nice be TV!

9. Earl Reed says:

Comcast is the most hardheaded, profit-driven craphole this side of Monty Burns. They wrote the book on dirty dealing, and being a Philadelphia area sports fan I’ve been screwed over by them countless times.

Maybe the lines that carry Comcast’s service will disintegrate into a pile of fecal matter. Or maybe they will continue to carry their service. But I repeat myself. Anyway, my guess is that the consideration to air it will occur right before the entire world is gravitationally sucked into the black hole that is Comcast. And as it happens, the only thing that will escape is Fox Soccer Channel headquarters.

10. Jose says:

I hate that when new channels are added, the satellite companies can make them available nationwide, but when cable companies add channels it’s on a region by region basis and usually the bigger ones, like new york and LA, get these new channels long before anyone else in the same cable system ever gets them, if they ever do. It’s frustrating.

11. john s says:

Has anyone heard if Direct TV has any plans of adding FS+ to their sports package?

• Kris says:

I don’t pay for FSC or FS+ because I call and complain endlessly about the costs and threaten to leave for Dish. All we can do is call to complain about the costs and/or refuse to subscribe. I’m getting the channels free for 12 months, and if they don’t make a change to the pricing I’m leaving for Dish….most likely. $25+/month for basically two channels is outrageous!

12. John L says:

On the 13th hour, of the 13th day, of 13th month. Lousy smarch weather.

13. BBC says:

How is this fun? It brings tears to my eyes everytime my Uverse TV shows HD in the top corner

14. Curtis M says:

The day after they bump up the Sports Package subscription costs 83% higher.

15. ovalball says:

I feel your pain, Gaffer.

On the other hand, follow this TW logic in eastern NC. FSC and FS+ are on the Digitial Tier with a mixture of non-HD and HD channels, but neither is in HD on that tier. FS+ HD is now available with the Sports Pass, but FSC HD is not available anywhere.

It boggles the mind.

16. Nick says:

Let’s do over/unders on Gaffers date – June 30, 2011

I’ll take the over.

17. DCSpurs says:

Living in the DC area I’ve definitely the pain of Comcast’s regional method of programming, or micro-regional method of programming as the case may be. My friend’s with Comcast in DC get more standard channels than people like myself in Northern Virginia, just on the other side of the Potomac, in which those same channels are part of various premium tiers.

Of course no DC area Comcast subscriber gets FS or FS+ in HD.

I would certainly prefer to watch games on via foxsoccer.tv, where the picture is certainly superior than the regular SD channel, but I hate the fact that if a game is being broadcast on FSC, I can’t opt to view it on foxsoccer.tv…What am I paying for, if I can’t view all the games I want to. Case in point, Spurs v. Liverpool this past Sunday.

I have however found other options to get my football fix, rather than watching El Clasico on the horrible SD picture of GolTV, I was able to stream it in HD through my Xbox360 via ESPN3…So now not ony can I play the matches out in FIFA 11, I can actually watch a great deal of them in HD. Technology can be a great thing, just wish Comcast realized this.

18. Dave says:

For those who have Cox Cable I was told by a rep last week that the HD version of FS+ would be added by “February at the latest”.

Not sure how much weight to give that, but given how impressed I have been by ESPN 3 on Xbox 360 (watching Barcelona v. Real Madrid in HD without the certifiably insane GolTV commentator was fantastic) I have been considering dumping FS+ anyways and watching FoxSoccer.tv through Google TV.

Has anyone tried this? How does the picture quality hold up when displayed on a large HD tv?

• csb059 says:

I view foxsoccer.tv via Google TV and I’m very happy with the quality when the stream works. I have it hooked up to an old Sony WEGA 35″ tube HDTV and the picture is excellent. I also view ESPN3 and it’s quality is very similar but maybe just a slight cut below fs.tv. I have a lot less issues with the ESPN3 streams vs the fs.tv ones though(audio/video sync, stream not loading, feed skipping back 2-5 minutes in time, etc.). Never have any of those problem with ESPN3.

Haven’t tried it on the 52″ LCD in the living room (yet), as the wife controls that TV.

• bob says:

I have fox soccer tv on google tv. On hd tv it has much better quality plus you get the fsp games. It is totally worth it.

19. DCSpurs says:

Of course no DC area Comcast subscriber gets FSC or FS+ in HD.

I have however found other options to get my football fix, rather than watching El Clasico on the horrible SD picture of GolTV, I was able to stream it in HD through my Xbox360 via ESPN3…So now not only can I play the matches out in FIFA 11, I can actually watch a great deal of them in HD. Technology can be a great thing, just wish Comcast realized this.

As it is, I expect Comcast will get FSC HD by the time the US hosts another World Cup…

20. Adam says:

I have to admit it was nice last week in NYC- Time Warner cable has FSC and FSC+ in hd. As for Comcast I dropped them partially because they would not add FSC+ (regular or hd) and FSCHD. I have verizon now, but still no hd. Its a good thing that I have local soccer bars with directv.

21. Ringo says:

Verizon doesn’t have it in HD either, but on their message boards one of their representatives claimed it was in the top 5 for future inclusion. Not sure what that’s worth.

22. wjmooner says:

One week after FIOS.

23. che says:

2012 December 21. Which is the world end of day right? lol

24. Apparently until all the of the old analogue channels are dumped on cable there is not enough room to carry more HD. The analogue channels are government mandated. But Fox on Charter is almost as good as ESPN its not mind blowing! But I do regret dumping directv

25. Dan says:

Never probably.

Don’t fret though Comcast will go out of business in the next 5-10 years guaranteed, they will go the way of the radio thanks to Google TV. Deservedly too, they are the worst period

26. Dan says:

By the way, it seems like it’s just cheaper to buy FoxSoccer.tv, they have every single EPL, Champions League, nPower League and Ligue 1 match on there. Do they have it all in HD quality? For 16 bucks a month I would rather just kill off my premium package for FSC on comcast and buy foxsoccer.tv. easy to hook up my mac to my TV with HDMI too

27. MDToffee says:

FIOS is much the same. We get FSC with a sports package and can pay for FSC+ but no light at the end of the tunnel for any HD Coverage. When is the worldwide leader going to step up and create ESPNFooty? You know that they will do it right with good coverage of muliple leagues and pay to have the best analysts and announcers. Lets go Bristol there if ESPNU can make it why cant a channel dedicated to the biggest sport in the world!!!

28. dlinko9 says:

i have TWC(Raleigh,NC) , they added FSC+ HD couple of weeks ago.. we still don’t have FSC HD.. this really sucks.. most of the time all the main games are on FSC

29. Justin Putter says:

soon i hope, very soon i hope. It is crazy how the picture on the right and left on the screen is also cut off, so you don’t get the full picture while the game is on. This is also easily seen when sky sports news is on. It is a joke really. Comcast has got to sort this out. This is extremely crap and very bad service from comcast. People asking me advice on which provider to go for and i tell them any…. just not comcast. Unfortunately the area i live in they are my only choice.

30. Sammy says:

Why don’t you bozos that have Comcast switch to Directv instead of crying all the time. I have FSHD and FS+HD on D* and it’s fantastic. Otherwise shut the f**k up.

• soonerscotty says:

As some of us have mentioned our residences either aren’t appropriate for or do not allow satellite service (i.e. Directv or Dish).

So, maybe you should shut the f**k up.

Wanker.

31. Gaz Hunt says:

I’m going with Marchish, 2011. They have to listen to this ever growing market out there soon.

I’m a glass half-full kind of guy, I suppose.

I do think that the “Sports Package” will go up in price too, though.

• Gaz Hunt says:

I was almost right.

Lots of rumors that Comcast (Philadelphia area) is starting Fox Soccer HD in the next few days – the rumors states “on or around April 12th”.

We’ll see.

32. Mogar says:

Don’t forget verizon fios. i’m stuck watching awful quality SD (i don’t mind SD most of the time, but for some reason FSC looks incredibly bad, even on my Samsung) while being mocked by the “FSC HD” logo in the corners.

33. Joe Cali says:

Hello, why are comments not appearing on this blog?

34. Joe Cali says:

OK, guess it’s working now… if you live in New Mexico, Comcast is adding Fox Soccer HD on December 16 for you (assuming the newspaper notice in the Albuquerque paper is correct):

Doesn’t help me- I am in California.

35. Joe Cali says:

OK, sorry but I am trying to post a link and my comments with the link aren’t appearing.

The link is to a New Mexico website. It shows that Comcast in New Mexico is adding Fox Soccer HD on December 16 (along with a number of other HD channels).

36. Marco says:

Probably never. And they are going to lose me next week. Im switching to Dish network. Bye bye comcast…

37. Joe Cali says:

It is confirmed that FSC HD is now on Comcast in New Mexico. Just go to Comcast’s website and check out the channel lineup for zipcode 87104. FSC HD is on Channel 883. It is noted on the lineup page that Digital Classic subscribers will receive FSC HD on Comcast. The funny thing is that “Digital Classic” is not one of the available choices on the “pulldown” list for the 87104 channel lineups.

38. whoelse says:

When Satan stars to admire the shiny icicle in his lair.

39. bob says:

guess what every body. You can watch fschd if you have comcast. Just get foxsoccer tv an live stream it. You can even get fsp games. Plus you can stream it on your tv (It works great with my google tv.