Premier League Saturday, Gameweek 14: Open Thread

Premier League Saturday, Gameweek 14: Open Thread

It’s another Super Saturday in the Premier League with Arsenal against Tottenham Hotspur in the north London derby as well as several other intriguing matches including high-flying Bolton versus Newcastle, Birmingham against Chelsea, West Ham against Liverpool, Blackpool versus Wolves, West Brom against Stoke and the return of Wayne Rooney in Manchester United against Wigan.

Feel free to use the comments section below to post your questions, rants or observations throughout the day.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Premier League Saturday, Gameweek 14: Open Thread

1. MrRichPeoples says:

Good morning from Hollywood! Go Spurs!!!

2. Panda says:

Not that I don’t mind Adrian Healey…but it’s a shame that Ian Darke is doing the MLS Cup and can’t do this game.

3. The Gaffer says:

Looks like another day when Spurs fail to show up. What is it about their psychology that they hardly ever turn up when playing away against the Big Four? Are they that intimidated?

4. Andy says:

Whenever Arsenal get in the 18 yard box you expect them to stick the ball in the back of the net.

5. Andy says:

Did Spurs have one even shot at the goal in the first half?

6. Andy says:

Gareth Bale!!! Perfect final touch!

7. John L says:

BALE!!!!!

8. Andy says:

Unbelievable! Spurs take the lead! What a shocker this will be if that’s the final score. And it’s gone very quiet in that stadium now…

9. Attaturk says:

As a neutral, what a fantastic match. But another characteristically devastating blow for Arsenal to have Spurs come back and take the lead, but kudos to the latter for doing so.

10. Andy says:

What a result and what a game!! I think Redknapp proved something today. Thank you Tottenham you made my weekend.

11. John L says:

Cant remember the last time I was this happy watching sports.

12. RVPFan says:

Gutted absolutely gutted!!! Fabs head is not in the right place, Wenger. So much for “this is the best squad”. I miss the invincibles.

13. Joe Chen says:

FOUR-FOUR-TWO!

14. MrRichPeoples says:

That is why I wake up at 4:30am on Saturdays!

15. patrick says:

Expect a DVD to be released Monday.

16. Ethan says:

As an Arsenal supporter, I’m absolutely sick to my stomach after this match. I’ll hand it to Sp*rs, they really came out to play in the second half, but I can’t believe how many great opportunities the Gunners squandered today. What was Fabregas THINKING with the handball? Our Central Defense proved to be rather weak, and Chamakh was infuriating, especially on the play where he was clear in the box, and inexplicably decided to cut in, only for Gallas to take it away. Arshavin, as usual, did nothing. Also, Wenger should have subbed Walcott in WAY earlier than he did, I don’t know what he was thinking there.

I’m just happy I’m in Jersey and not North London to be getting taunted by all the Sp*rs fans. Dammit.

17. Patricio del Orsay says:

Wait a minute…Arsenal beaten at home with shaky backline? Manchester United weasels a late-in-the-half goal? God I hate reruns. Tell me when a new episode of Premier League premieres.

• Andrei says:

And it looks like while Arsenal are self destructing themselves and Chelsea are fighting their demons Manchester United are sneaking into a pole position.

18. Ramesh says:

I just can’t believe Chelsea lost! Manchester United should be disappointed with their performance. They had a 2 man advantage & only mustered up one more goal. The second strike was brilliant on Chicharito’s part though. Crazy season that now has the Red Devils in the top spot with Chelsea

19. UpTheBlues says:

Absolutely disgraceful from the Chels today. Tough last 7 days…

20. Ramesh says:

Liverpool is putting it on West Ham. The Hammers are just awful. It is amazing to me that that they have 3 players in Upson, Green, & Cole that play for the England senior squad. The announcers are on FSC are just killing West Ham.

21. Jim says:

Slept in and only caught the final 10 minutes of the North London Derby. From what I was able to watch, it was exciting, sounds like the second half was the better of the two. Watched some of the United match, nothing too exciting. Hernandez’s header was brilliant looking. Liverpool looked overpowering, but then again, they were playing the Hammers. Looking forward to the Newcastle delay. saw some stats, but would like to watch the match.