WED, 2:45PM ET
WED, 2:45PM ET
ATL
MAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
LEV
ZEN

Poll: When Was The Last Time You Kicked A Soccer Ball?

Poll: When Was The Last Time You Kicked A Soccer Ball?

I was driving down the road the other day when I had a thought. I watch and digest so much soccer on a daily basis that I wondered when was the last time I actually kicked a ball, which is such a central figure of the sport I watch. For me it was a few weeks ago during a kick-a-bout with my children before or after my daughter’s last soccer match. But then I wondered how long it’s been for you, the readers.

Please note that the post isn’t meant to judge at all. Whether you kick a ball every day or haven’t kicked it in years doesn’t matter. It’s more of a question to find out how connected we are to the game itself and whether that bond is closer on television and the Internet than it is on a local level, whether it’s in your backyard or nearest soccer pitch.

Thanks in advance for voting.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Poll: When Was The Last Time You Kicked A Soccer Ball?

1. Thomas says:

Never, cause I play football and not soccer and therefore kick a football.

And not the stupig eggball.

• truth hurts says:

me too ive never kicked anything other than a football(a real one not an egg).

• Colin says:

Last I checked, this was a .com website. That means it American, where football is called football because we made up a game and called what we wanted to. In the US, your “football” is called soccer because that’s what we wanted to call it. If you’re so concerned about seeing your sport called “football” instead of “soccer” then why don’t you stick with a “.co.uk” website where they still call it football. If you came to our country and asked for the “loo” you’d look like an idiot, so just because you say it one way doesn’t make it the right way.

Also, have you ever even played football? I would love to see you try to even throw one with your scrawny “footballer” arms.

The guy just created a friendly poll. Why don’t you save your sassy comments for someone who cares.

• soonerscotty says:

Get off your “football” high horse…the damned English invented the term “Soccer.”

The terms are interchangeable…get over it. Us Yanks most often call it Soccer. The use of the term “soccer” does not detract from the game so, what does it matter.

2. Bishopville Red says:

Last time I kicked? What time is it?

3. Hussain says:

I keep 2 Footballs inside my apartment. Kick them around. I sometimes go the tennis court and kick the ball for couple of hours.

4. Allen Nguyen says:

The perks of being a high-school senior who has submitted almost all of his college apps is that I play pick-up nearly every weekend and that I juggle at school most days. Now that the high school sports seasons are changing, the goals are going out on my school’s field. That being said, we don’t usually play there as our field is artificial turf and after 13 years of swimming, my knees don’t need any more pressure…

5. Stevie the K says:

Played in the Old Man’s (over 50) league yesterday (Sunday) – last game of the season…

6. Marc says:

I kicked the ball around with my 4 year old son on Saturday. Taught him a few new tricks. We try to play most evenings after dinner. But now with the clocks turned back, and I live in Central NY, that might be the last time until the spring.

7. tony says:

I’m 43 and started playing full time in the last 2 months. I play in an over 35′s league and yesterday we played the best team I have ever played against. They played like Spain, constant one touch passing in triangles.

8. I’ve played five days out of the last seven and my knees are killing me!

9. Q says:

Every chance I get, pickups twice a week, juggling whenever there is time, and match days Saturday morn.