While the topic of Ryan Shawcross and Arsenal has seemingly polarized many of the readers of this site, I wanted to focus on something thankfully more uplifting: The return of Premier League football, which kicks off again this weekend.

First things first, I wanted to poll you, the readers, to find out which games you’re looking forward to seeing the most this weekend. The following is a multiple choice poll, so feel free to vote for more than one game, if you like.

While I’m not a big fan of FIFA International Dates, I did enjoy watching the two England games this past week. I was encouraged to see Adam Johnson playing well. I still feel that he should have been picked for the 2010 World Cup squad. I continue to be impressed by Joe Hart. Seeing him and Johnson exchanging words after the 3-1 win versus Switzerland was an iconic picture of what the future of the England squad is. And there definitely is hope.

But I’m more excited about getting into the rhythm of a Premier League weekend, which is fast approaching. Behind the scenes, we’re working on some new interviews that you’ll definitely enjoy. And personally I’m working on a couple of projects. One is to commemorate EPL Talk’s five-year anniversary which is happening this November. I’ve got a fun project that I believe you’ll enjoy that relates to that. More details soon.

And I’m also working on some interesting new posts over the coming days that I trust you’ll appreciate.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Poll: Which Premier League Matches Are You Looking Forward to Watching this Weekend?

1. d rock says:

any of ‘em!! just gimme club football! after no club football last weekend, i had to watch college throwball. i had forgotten how painfull it is to sit through 4 hours of throwball!!!

• Brandon says:

I’m sorry you feel that way. I am so excited for this weekend. Started with my Arsenal at 10am I will not move away from the couch. Great day of football. Both varieties.

2. RVPFan says:

Anyone has any idea when FSC would be available in HD in comcast? I am getting sick of watching the beautiful game in SD.

• Q says:

I recently emailed them and asked, they got back to me saying that there are bandwidth issues and licensing costs and how expansions are constantly being made and they’re dedicated to this and that, blah, blah, blah… so no… there doesn’t seem to be any clue… my advice is to write to them as well

• John R. says:

Let me preface this by saying that i am rather ignorant about the technicalities of bandwidth, so if i am completely wrong here, just ignore me and move on. It will not, however, keep me from pretending that i know everything.

Anyways, their bandwidth comment cannot be believed. Up until last week, comcast in my area (Houston) had roughly 15 HD channels that were aired on two separate channels. For example, ESPN used to be shown on 292 and 633. Exact same HD content but shown on two different locations. Last week they stopped showing ESPN on the 292. I could be wrong, but wouldnt that move have freed up some bandwidth? They did this with roughly 15 channels, so would the logic follow that comcast now has bandwidth for 15 new HD channels? This also goes for comcast not showing FSC+ in SD too. For awhile, comcast was showing FSC on 105 and 110. Again, same content, but aired simultaneously on two channels. recently, comcast stopped airing FSC on 110, opting to air something like “Comcast Local Sports Coverage.” everytime ive tuned to the channel, there is just a screen that says no local events are occurring at this time. SURELY, there are more people interested in watching FSC+ than screen with a simple message that nothing is being shown. (admittedly, the FSC+ thing could be a licensing issue, but its frustrating nonetheless.)

3. CelticsBlues says:

Hart + Johnson = hope for England and hope for Manchester City…

I don’t enjoy watching the internationals much either, but it was almost as though I was treated to a City match yesterday. It was awesome. Sadly will be camping this weekend so no footie (nice weather doesn’t last long in new england)

4. I’m surprisingly looking forward to watching Newcastle this weekend :) and the weekend after that, and the weekend after that, and the weekend after that….

5. This is the weekend I’ve been waiting for! I’ve been away from home for the start of the season and, as a result, have not been able to spend a day in front of the television and the computer soaking up all the Premiership has to offer. I’m a DirecTV subscriber, so this will be my first time watching all of the football in HD as it happens. I’ll also be revving up FoxSoccer.tv to give me even more entertainment.

I’m salivating as I type. I CAN’T WAIT!

6. Andrew says:

while Chelsea and Manchester United are still exciting teams to watch ’cause of the goals in their Premier League matches, I’m looking forward to watching the Liverpool game. The reds have been underachieving but I’m still anxious to see them climb to the top of the table.. let’s go Gerrard and Torres!

7. SantaClaus says:

The Everton vs Man U game has to be the game of the weekend. Everton usually play very well against United and given the poor start to their season they will not want to drop points this weekend. The Rooney prostitute saga just adds even more spice to this game as Everton fans love to taunt Rooney who once played for them. Let’s hope the on-field display of the teams match the noise of the fans.

The Birmingham vs Liverpool game is the second-best game of the weekend in that Birmingham is always hard to beat at home and Liverpool are still an unknown team. Liverpool have yet to show what they are made of to give us any idea of the type of season they may have. So the interest here is whether we will get any idea as to Liverpool’s potential.

8. Carolyn says:

I’m looking forward to the Everton vs Manchester United game and am hoping that foxsoccer.tv is able to handle the viewership. I would much rather have this game on ESPN2 or FSC. Even next week’s Manchester United vs Liverpool game is on foxsoccer.tv which is an even bigger game. Keeping my fingers crossed that foxsoccer.tv doesn’t drop the ball for these games.