WED, 3PM ET
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

2010-11 Europa League Draw: Man City and Liverpool Face Tough Opposition

2010 11 Europa League Draw: Man City and Liverpool Face Tough Opposition

The group stage draw for the 2010-11 Europa League have been announced. And of particular interest to our readers are the groups which feature Liverpool and Manchester City. Both English clubs will face tough opposition. Manchester City will face tricky ties against Juventus, Lech Poznan and Salzburg, while Liverpool will face Utrecht, Napoli and Steaua Bucharest.

Here are all of the groups as well as the schedule for group stage matches:

Group A

The matchdays for the Europa League group stage are:

• September 16, 30
  • October 21
  • November 4
  • December 1-2
  • December 15-16
This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 2010-11 Europa League Draw: Man City and Liverpool Face Tough Opposition

1. Jacob says:

Sorry but personally this is my least favorite league. I obviously love the EPL season, Champions League is sweet, FA cup is cool, even the Carling Cup is fun but I have a real hard time caring about Europa League.

2. Evan says:

As a Man City supporter I care a lot about the Europa League this season. I think City has the quality to win the cup. It would be amazing if City won the Europa League. We need to win something so that the banner that says “34 years” in Old Trafford can be taken down and have people take the richest club in the world more seriously.

• Gaz Hunt says:

Spending lots of money doesn’t make you “the richest club in the world”. The Manchester City brand isn’t worth much (yet).

In other words, your owner is rich but your club is still not worth much yet.

I digress.

I Europa League is still, by definition, a European competition and it’s exciting to see your club play in Europe – no matter what competition.

3. Raatzie says:

Could care less.

Wish Liverpool had lost yesterday so they could focus in the league (not that they’ll win it with the paper-thin squad, but the miniscule chance dwindles to 0 with the Europa League obligations).

ABC.

Anyone But City.

• Jacob says:

@Raatzie. That is my feeling exactly. I know these other leagues are important but I feel they kind of hurt the road to the true prize….EPL Champions.

4. Ben says:

Athletico Madrid beat Inter Milan yesterday so it shows that the Europa League is really strong.

I am pulling for Lech Poznan a Polish Club:-) I don’t think they will come out of this group but that would be great.