World Cup Viewing Parties this Weekend at Wowies in Boca Raton
This weekend, soccer fans around the world will be licking their lips at the prospect of four World Cup quarter-final games, each of which will be intriguing for different reasons. The games are:
- BRAZIL v HOLLAND, Friday, 10am ET.
- URUGUAY v GHANA, Friday, 2:30pm ET.
- GERMANY v ARGENTINA, Saturday, 10am ET.
- SPAIN v PARAGUAY, Saturday, 2:30pm ET.
If you live in South Florida, EPL Talk will be hosting official World Cup Viewing Parties for each game at Wowies Sports Grill in Boca Raton. The modern sports bar opens each at 9:30am for the World Cup and features 31 big screen TVs plus a 123″ projection TV. It’s one of those places where there isn’t a bad seat in the house. Everywhere you look you’ll see a TV set even outside in the covered patio where there are three big screen television sets. Wowies also features three full-liquor bars as well as a great food and drink menu. And happy hour is every day from 12-7pm.
Throughout the entire World Cup tournament, soccer fans at Wowies have had a great time. Last weekend at Wowies during the USA against Ghana game, we had the TV news crew there as well as local newspaper reporters and special guest appearances from two Miami FC professional footballers. Plus, during most of the major games, we’ve been giving away free raffle tickets so you can win soccer prizes.
This weekend, the prizes you can win just by attending Wowies (and being the lucky raffle winner) are:
- Official World Cup Jabulani ball (courtesy of Adidas). We’ll be giving this away during the Germany versus Argentina game,
- ESPN World Cup mural posters (courtesy of ESPN). We still have a stack of posters to give away featuring teams such as Brazil, Spain, England and others. We’ll be giving these away during each and every game.
Wowies is located at 7036 W. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433 on the southwest corner of Palmetto Park Road and Powerline. For directions and more information, visit our sister site World Cup Buzz at http://www.worldcupbuzz.com/wowies where you can also get a flyer for a free beer when you bring it into Wowies during World Cup games.
I look forward to seeing you there.