Among the topics covered include:
- Whether he’d like to go into coaching after his playing career ends,
- What makes the north west of England so much stronger than other parts of the country,
- What it was like playing with legends such as Eric Cantona, David Beckham and others,
- How Sir Alex Ferguson has affected his career,
- His thoughts on other England managers he’s been coached by including Glenn Hoddle, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Kevin Keegan,
- What it’s like playing at Old Trafford and what makes it a fortress,
- His fondness for Oldham Athletic, and
- Much more.
The episode also features an interview with Simon Davey, who was recently appointed the manager of Hereford Town. Davey is best known for his playing career at Preston North End, which included playing with David Beckham when Becks was on loan at the Preston club. Davey also coached alongside David Moyes at Preston North End. In addition to his career at Preston, Davey was well known for his footballing career at Swansea City as well as his management career at Barnsley (where he beat Liverpool and Chelsea in an incredible FA Cup run) and Darlington.
Thanks to Midwest Soccer Academy for the opportunity to interview Paul Scholes and Simon Davey. And thanks to Kartik Krishnaiyer for interviewing these two legends.
Founded in 2006, the EPL Talk Podcast is the only Premier League interview podcast on the Internet. During each episode, we bring you intelligent interviews with some of the biggest names in football such as Mikel John Obi, Steve McClaren, Toby Charles, Graham Poll, John Terry, Patrick Barclay, Gabriele Marcotti, Andrew Jennings and many others.
Don’t miss a single episode of the EPL Talk Podcast. Automatically get each new episode by subscribing via iTunes, subscribing to the RSS feed or you can find the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune. Or you can search through the archives below.