WED, 2:45PM ET
MAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
LEV
ZEN

South Africa v Mexico, 2010 World Cup: Open Thread

South Africa v Mexico, 2010 World Cup: Open Thread

Finally. It. Is. Here. The 2010 World Cup kicks off today with the first match up between South Africa and Mexico.

I’m picking South Africa and Mexico to draw in this one. Mexico should win, but buoyed by the incredible support of the South African nation, I think the South Africans will rise to the occasion and grab an equalizer.

Before, during and after the opening game of the 2010 World Cup between South Africa and Mexico, feel free to share your insight and opinions in the comments section below.

Of course, I’m particularly interested in seeing how ESPN does in terms of their broadcast. ESPN commentators today will be Martin Tyler and Efan Ekoku.

I’ll be at Wowies in Boca Raton watching the match. I’m looking forward to meeting you in person, so feel free to stop by. Wowies is at 7036 W. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to South Africa v Mexico, 2010 World Cup: Open Thread

1. CR7 says:

Mexico: Pérez, Rodríguez, Salcido, Márquez, Osorio, Torrado, Franco, Vela, Aguilar, Juárez, dos Santos

No Hernandez or Guardado, this better pay off

2. rej4sl says:

Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika

rooting for the host nation in this one – although on paper Mexico should walk it …. come on South Africa !!!!

3. Eric Thornley says:

Glitches galore already. I wonder if the infrastructure is shoddy?

4. man99utd says:

Here we go lads, 4 years waiting is a thing of the past. GO ENGLAND!!!

5. xvx says:

Looks like ESPN3 doesn’t work right now.

6. chinatown red says:

Anybody point me to an online RADIO feed?? ESPN radio is apparently playing all matches but guess what? It ain’t happening. BBC 5live stream has not been cut but am expecting it to be at any minute.

7. 50 says:

ESPN3.com coverage is terrible right now,I hope it’s not this overloaded the entire tournament….Hard to tune in,& terrible quality once you do,audio in & out……hope this is just do to it being match one.

8. CR7 says:

Spanish site

seems to work slightly better than espn3 right now

• bradjmoore48 says:

The steam is better at UnivisionFutbol, video quality wise, though it has started to get a little choppy the last 5 minutes. I fear giving this recommendation as too many people might overload THIS site’s servers.

I figured too many people watching at work on ESPN3 would become an issue, just like CBS NCAA basketball tournament website in March. I’ll just re-watch the ESPN feed that I DVR’d at home tonight.

9. Oliver says:

espn360.com has been perfect for me picture wise since about 30 minutes before kick off. I’ve lost sound a couple of time, but a refresh has fixed that. I’m on comcast FWIW

10. sothisonetime says:

usually veetle.com has a few channels that are streaming anything world cup related. it’s a toss up if you’ll find one that’s in your language though.

11. chinatown red says:

ESPN Radio – What a joke – Liam Neeson talking about the A Team – The bottom of my ballsack is waiting for your to lick it ESPN – F**king Wankers

12. whattagame says:

what an awesome game.. both teams had plenty of chances to score late in the game, I was hoping South Africa could win it in front of their home crowd but it was a really exciting game.
    I cant wait for the Uruguay vs France now

13. David says:

Was anyone able to see the game in 3D on ESPN3D?

14. Ray says:

I convinced people to put this on Sirius radio while at work so we can listen to it and all I heard was people bitch about the “buzzing” sound in the background….yes the dreaded vuvuzela. I must admit half way through France v. Uruguay I have to turn the sound off the TV…I can’t stand it.

15. brn442 says:

It would have been nice to see the opening ceremony on english television.

16. Wow, kudos for picking the result! I thought it had Mexico 2-0 written all over it.

17. The match was fabulous. But south Africa could not hold on long.

18. dontcallmepaddy says:

The quality has been atrocious on ESPN3.com for me so far. What happened? It used to be good!