No matter if you live near South Florida or halfway across the world, you can join the England v USA World Cup Viewing Party festivities this Saturday and participate in what will undoubtedly be the biggest day ever for EPL Talk. We have a ton of exciting developments planned for you to help you get the most out of one of the biggest days in US soccer history.
First, for those of you who do live in South Florida, here’s the agenda of activities for the next few days at Wowies Sports Grill, South Florida’s headquarters for the 2010 World Cup:
- Thursday, June 10 at 10pm ET, World Cup Party. Come celebrate the launch of the World Cup and see the Wowies bartenders wearing body paint featuring the colors of some of the top teams of the 2010 World Cup. The Wowies girls will participate in a live show.
- Friday, June 11 at 9:30am: South Africa v Mexico. Wowies will open 30 minutes before kickoff to bring you the first game of the 2010 World Cup.
- Friday, June 11 at 2pm: France v Uruguay. The World Cup festivities will continue at Wowies in what I predict will be the first upset of the tournament if Uruguay can win.
- Saturday, June 12 at 9:30am: Argentina v Nigeria. Come see if coach Diego Maradona can turn his team into the World Cup title contenders that many are picking them to be. Bring your Wowies coupon to get a free T-shirt with your tab.
- Saturday, June 12 at 1:30pm: England v USA. We’re expecting a big crowd with plenty of US and England fans cheering for your country. Be sure to bring you and your friends where you’ll be able to participate in a raffle contest where we’re giving away a USA away jersey and an England home jersey (courtesy of World Soccer Shop). Plus, we have the Heineken girls making a special appearance where they’ll be handing out the two most beautiful words in the English language: free beer!
On top of that, I’ll be at Wowies for each World Cup game this weekend, so feel free to stop by and say hello. World Cup Buzz’s Kartik Krishnaiyer will be in attendance for the England v USA game, too.
During Saturday’s game, we’ll be live streaming the event via UStream. So no matter where you live, you’ll be able to see and hear what you’re missing. And I’ll be interviewing many of the soccer fans in the crowd after the game to get their reaction to what happened on the pitch. The best clips will be released later on EPL Talk. We’ll also be taking plenty of pictures to post on the site.
Plus, if you print the Wowies flyer and bring it with you, you’ll get a free drink or free T-shirt. AND we have more surprises planned at Wowies for the remainder of the tournament, so if you live near Boca Raton, Wowies needs to be your World Cup destination.
Second, we’ll be bringing you wall-to-wall coverage on Saturday regarding the England v USA game on EPL Talk. Be sure to follow EPL Talk on Twitter and keep on returning to EPL Talk throughout the day for expert analysis and news.
Third, I want to encourage you to participate. No matter where you live in the world, send in your videos or photos of your World Cup experience and we’ll publish the best ones on EPL Talk. We’re trying to capture the spirit and excitement of what the World Cup is all about, so send in your pictures of you wearing your team’s colors or at your local pub (or suggested articles or news tips) to me at thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com and send in your video to the same e-mail address via yousendit.com This is your chance to have your photos, video or articles published on EPL Talk to an audience of more than 350,000 people per month.
Wowies is located on the south-west corner of Palmetto Park Road and Powerline Road at 7036 W. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433. You can reach them by phone at 561-392-5040. Wowies will be open for every World Cup game except the 7.30am kick-offs. More information about Wowies can be found on our sister site at www.worldcupbuzz.com/wowies
I look forward to seeing you there or online!