South Africa 2010 World Cup Bingo/Drinking Game
In case the football is not quite enough on it’s own to entertain you, this World Cup bingo/drinking game could possibly make things more interesting.
The rules are simple watch the games and watch out for the cliché events both on the pitch and in the commentary box and tick them off/drink as directed.
As the events below happen mark your score/drink as per the point system below
- A goal is scored
- Double Points if the player celebrates through gymnastic display (e.g. somersault, forward roll, backflip)
- A player is booked
- Commentator describes a carnival atmosphere in the stadium
- Double points if the camera pans to a beautiful woman in the crowd at this point
- The camera pans to a beautiful woman in the crowd at anytime
- Commentator talks about a nation having a chance to be the first African nation to lift the trophy
- Double points if no African nation is involved in the game being played
- If a free kick is awarded and the commentator talks about how much David Beckham or Christiano Ronaldo would relish an opportunity from this range (non-Portugal games only)
- Any mention of Roger Milla (Legend) by a commentator
- Any mention of 1966 either by a commentator or in the studio at half time
- Double points if England, Germany or North Korea are not playing
- Any time an injured player is mentioned outside of the announcement of the teams
- The phrase ‘group of death’ is used by anyone!
- There is a Mexican wave
- Double points if Mexico are playing at the time
- A commentator mispronounces the name of one of a player
- Double points if they try to correct themselves and still get it wrong
- The commentator mentions how close the Irish team were to the final
- Double points if France are not involved in the game being played
- Any mention of the ‘Hand of God’ incident (drink to forget the pain)
Ten Points/Down your Drink
- A player is sent off
- A referee does a ‘Graham Poll’ and books a player twice without sending them off
- A manager is sent to the stands
These are the basics and can be used for any game however you can tailor these to specific games if needed.
I have put together some PDF score sheets for the bingo and drinking game separately which can be obtained by emailing Kristian_uk@hotmail.co.uk
Maximise your access to the latest World Cup News by Downloading the EPL talk toolbar!
*It is not recommended that you drink ever, so please do not blame the author if you cannot be responsible