FRI, 2:30PM ET
CHI
HOU
FRI, 8:30PM ET
USA
MEX

EPL Talk Viewing Parties for World Cup: Wowies Sports Grill

wowies sports grill world cup soccer EPL Talk Viewing Parties for World Cup: Wowies Sports Grill

I’m proud to announce that EPL Talk has partnered with a local sports bar and restaurant to bring World Cup viewing parties to South Florida.

Wowies Sports Grill, located in Boca Raton, will host official EPL Talk viewing parties for the World Cup games. If you live in South Florida or will be in the area anytime during this summer’s World Cup, come visit Wowies and enjoy World Cup games the way they were meant to be enjoyed — with friends, strangers and soccer fans who are as nuts about the sport as you are.

Last week, when I asked what the American World Cup experience is like, I discussed what a perfect location would be to enjoy games. Somewhere with HD televisions, excellent food, wonderful service, beers and more. At the time I posted the article, I wasn’t aware of Wowies, but after visiting the restaurant this past Sunday, I was won over. It’s the perfect location. The restaurant has 31 big screen televisions, a 123-inch projection TV, free WiFi, incredible food, three full-liquor bars, an outside patio area (with three big screen TVs so you can watch the game there) and wonderful service. Plus, as an added bonus, the restaurant features the Wowies Girls, which are perfect eye-candy for those games where you’re watching a nil-nil draw between New Zealand and Paraguay.

If you’re looking for a place to watch the tournament, Wowies Sports Grill is your World Cup headquarters in South Florida. In the coming days, I’ll be sharing more details about the World Cup viewing parties such as free drink specials for readers of EPL Talk. Wowies will be open for all of the games (except the 7:30am ET kickoffs). So if you live in the area, or if you want to fly or drive to South Florida for the games (especially the USA v England World Cup viewing party), please be my guest. We have plenty of surprises in store and will be revealing more in the next week.

Wowies Sports Grill is located on the corner of Palmetto Park Road and Powerline in Boca Raton at 7036 West Palmetto Park Road. Their phone number is (561) 392-5040. I look forward to seeing you there!

For more details about Wowies (and a flyer for a free drink or T-shirt), visit our sister site World Cup Buzz at http://www.worldcupbuzz.com/wowies

35 Responses to EPL Talk Viewing Parties for World Cup: Wowies Sports Grill

1. Spenser says:

I wish! I’ll be all the way up in Orlando actually visiting family. I finally find a pub in Texas and I’m gone for the big June 12 match! Do you know of any WC-friendly pubs in Orlando?

2. ovalball says:

“Plus, as an added bonus, the restaurant features the Wowies Girls, which are perfect eye-candy for those games where you’re watching a nil-nil draw between New Zealand and Paraguay.”

Oh, fine. I was all set to book a flight until my wife read that line. Way to go, Gaffer!

• The Gaffer says:

Drat! Oh well. As an alternative, I can hand out blinders so that all attention is focused on the TV set only, but they may not look that fashionable on you or me!

3. Jared says:

I’ve been reading this blog for a year. Big fan, and I live in Boca so I’ll be there for sure! Looking forward to meeting you all. Good place to eat by the way!

• The Gaffer says:

Jared, looking forward to meeting you and I’m glad you like the establishment! I had the sampler and Blackjack Burger on Sunday, and it was bloody delicious.

Keep an eye out for some exciting announcements regarding Wowies in the coming days.

4. BCFC UK says:

The World Cup in England! it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Every pub packed full, beer barrels empty, singing! Last year we shut down our street, hired a marque and a massive tv (like cinema big)and set them up SLAP BANG in the middle of the road, everyone from the street baught chairs, beer and food and enjoyed the game!! (even though we bloody lost…again) That is what it means here .Every company in the land advertising their goods and obscurly relating them to the WC! flags in everyones window!

GAFFER if u havent experienced the world cup in England i feel sorry for you mate…

5. BCFC UK says:

BTW i predict 4-0 for the 12th of june

6. forweg says:

You actually think New Zealand will manage a draw against Paraguay?

• The Gaffer says:

It’s not full time yet. I’m picturing it being the first part of the second half and it’s still 0-0 with no shots on goal from either side. Then a couple of the Wowies waitresses walk past. Your choice is to continue watching a drab nil nil game or to divert your attention to the two girls who are carrying a tray of ice cold beers. What do you do?!! :)

7. Mike Fahey says:

Hey Greater Boston EPL Readers:
    How about some suggestions as to where to watch televised World Cup games in the Boston/Cambridge/Somerville/ area?

8. Serdar says:

Gaffer,

That’s great news. Like Jared I have been following this site for almost a year now…Great website…Would be great to meet with you and fellow EPLTALK members.(1st post yay!)

Serdar
    Fort Lauderdale

• The Gaffer says:

Serdar, I would love to see you there! We will have some other EPL Talk folks there including Kartik Krishnaiyer, too. Feel free to invite your friends.

9. 2Tix4Chelsea says:

I could use some advise for a place to watch the June 18th US game in Toronto, Canada.

I’ll be touring with some friends and we could use some suggestions as to a soccer-friendly pub/bar. Nice waitresses are a bonus, but not necessary. Frankly they can look like Medussa as long as the game is on and the beer is cold. Some of us have priorities.

10. Bruce Gottesman says:

Absolutely, Chris – I’ll get there as often as I can. Tough during the week of course, but July 12 should be awesome!

11. Kevin says:

I used to live across the street from Wowies location for a number of years. I often get back to Boca and go there on NFL Sundays. They have a good set up for televisions, etc. The service is ok and the food is decent enough I guess. Not to try and drive business away, but the place to be in Boca is the Lion and Eagle Pub on Federal. It is a rather small place that might be overly packed on June 12th, but the owners are great and their dedication to showing football should be rewarded for the biggest tournament. They are always open for the early weekend kickoffs, etc.

I just booked a trip to NYC for my wold cup watching after thinking I would be in Boca for awhile…..I hope you guys have fun.

• Kevin says:

By being open for the early kickoffs, I mean throughout the EPL (and other leagues) season.

• The Gaffer says:

Hi Kevin, yep The Lion & Eagle is definitely cozy, but it’s a bit too cramped and smoky in my opinion and doesn’t have enough TV sets for my liking. Still, they serve a good pint.

Sorry you won’t be able to make it to Wowies, but if your plans change, stop on by!

• Kevin says:

I will definitely stop by if the plans change. I agree with you completely about the venue for a viewing party. Wowies certainly has more room to accommodate your group. I’m jealous now that it appears I won’t be there. All the best and I am sure it will be a great time.

• DempseyisGod says:

No smoking in the Lion & Eagle and they have a outside tent and bar with tvs plus the new flat screens inside…..Sams Army will be there making noise!!!!!

• The Gaffer says:

Dempsey, standing outside in the sweltering Florida summertime heat under a tent doesn’t sound like a lot of fun. Sams Army should give Wowies a try (get a coupon for a free drink at http://www.worldcupbuzz.com/wowies ).

• The Gaffer says:

Dempsey, based on how hot it was this morning in South Florida, there’s no way you’re going to catch me watching a World Cup match in an outside tent on an asphalt parking lot. I’ll still to air conditioning and a cold pint any day!

• FatFrankieLampard says:

Gaffer!!!!!! Alright mate, can’t wait for the World Cup, going to be a great summer. Will stop by Wowies for one of the games, but got to agree with Kev….got to be in a football pub like the Lion & Eagle for the big games. Will stop by for a look at these Wowies girls and get a pint with ya!

• ChelseaJon says:

Just a quick observation/question – the Lion & Eagle has not had smoking in the pub for about four years? How is it “too smoky”?

Regardless – it’s good to see any/all American bars showing football/soccer. Have a good time at Wowies (which is great for the NFL BTW) – but for me it’s a no-brainer – it’s the Lion & Eagle all the way for the singing, the atmosphere and a better pint…and five large HD TV’s works out great!

Enjoy the WC and get your singing voice ready! It’s hours away, ladies & gentlemen!

• The Gaffer says:

Jon, aye, it’s been a few years since I was there, but it was smoky at the time. But I guess FLA has changed the laws since then.

If you find L&E too cramped or too hot outside on the tarmac, come over to Wowies to watch the game in A/C with 31 TVs and a 123″ projection TV to boot.

12. StevieGisattheL&E says:

I’ve been watching matches at 7:30am at the L&E for 12 years. Too bad WowiesBowies doesn’t open for the early matches. The women aren’t bad, but an authentic true English Football pub is the L&E. Can’t wait to see the shot models they hired for the World Cup!

• The Gaffer says:

Stevie, give Wowies a try for at least one match and see how it compares to the L&E. Most of the 7:30am matches aren’t that enticing anyway.

I considered L&E as the host of the official EPL Talk viewing parties for the World Cup, but I chose Wowies because they have:

1) More TVs than any other sports bar in South Florida,
      2) A 123″ projection TV,
      3) HD signal (most pubs in the area have HD TV”s but don’t have HD service), and
      4) Great food, drinks, service and waitresses.

I could have picked a British pub, but I want soccer fans to have an experience of US culture rather than British culture. A British pub is fine if you’re supporting England, but as a person who has lived in this country for more than 25 years, I feel soccer fans living in America should experience an exciting US culture.

• Debbie says:

Hey there Gaffer,
        Myself and the women from my soccer teams will check out Wowies, looking forward to the great location and American menu. GO USA. We hope you guys are ready for 20 American women soccer fanatics.

13. hello thomasmlambo i have been wiching suppersport now for the world cup so i wanted to vote for the country that will win the world cup and the country will be spain. thanks to suppersport.

14. hello guys iam very happy for the 2010fifa world cup so i want thank the fifa president for what he has done to the africans .