WED, 3PM ET
STO
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

BBC Unveils Incredible TV Promo for 2010 World Cup

Some of the words that come to mind when I view this video are stupendous, incredible and goosebumps. It’s BBC’s promo video for the 2010 World Cup that it’ll be airing across its television channels to get everyone excited about the Beeb’s coverage of the tournament. And, as usual, it’s incredibly well done and leaves me wanting more!

BBC promo’s for World Cups (in a sense, they can’t be called commercials) have always been a ritual of previous World Cup tournaments. They’re usually well done. And this one has got to be considered one of the best. Brilliant work!

Mobile app users, watch the video here.

Hat tip: 101 Great Goals

This entry was posted in World Cup, World Cup 2010 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to BBC Unveils Incredible TV Promo for 2010 World Cup

1. Kevin_Amold says:

We have a Clint Dempsey sighting!

• CTBlues says:

If you can call it that I had to go frame by frame to see that was him heading the ball in for goal.

2. BayVol says:

Nice video….not goose-bump worthy like Bono’s over on ESPN….but just ok

3. brn442 says:

Sign me up…

4. M Emanuel says:

I co-sign the goosebumps on that one. Well done!

5. Simon Burke says:

Not bad – still prefer the ESPN one as well with U2 :) Also love the
    Martin Tyler line , Italy defend while 31 nations attack. Genius that.

6. Richard the Red (Devil) says:

Great advert but nothing tops this one. Blimey, this is inspiring if you support England.

7. Gary Colin says:

Who said the ESPN’s promo is better? You got to be kidding! U2? Hardly original. Where’s the African flavor in the promo?

The BBC promo was fresh and rocked. The BBC wins this one easy.

8. Gary Colin says:

Check out ITV’s promo here (UK’s other World Cup broadcaster). Some Jimi anyone? I still prefer BBC’s.

9. CTBlues says:

ESPN’s 32 Teams: One Dream segment on SportsCenter and online gives me goosebumps.

10. M Emanuel says:

I enjoyed the ITV promo, the concept was creative and I liked how certain cultural elements from the various countries were infused.

I also enjoyed the Power of 10 ESPN clip…not to the level of those mentioned above, but the celebration closing the clip made me wish it was June already.