One of America’s worst kept soccer secrets has finally been confirmed. Manchester United will be touring North America this summer and playing five games across the continent from Canada to the United States and finally to Mexico.
- Celtic v Manchester United, July 16, Rogers Centre, Toronto
- Philadelphia Union v Manchester United, July 21, Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
- Kansas City Wizards v Manchester United, July 25, Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas
- MLS All-Stars v Manchester United, July 28, Reliant Stadium, Houston
- Chivas v Manchester United, July 30, Guadalajara
“It’s great to be going back to North America,” Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said. “I enjoyed the last two tours there in 2003 and 2004 immensely. The quality of the facilities is outstanding and there is real enthusiasm in the crowds. It’s especially pleasing to be going in a World Cup year, when interest in football will be at its height.”
Manchester United will head to the States on July 12 and will train in Chicago, where their new sponsor – Aon – is based.
Manchester United is one of three Premier League clubs who will be playing pre-season friendlies in the United States this summer. Also heading stateside will be Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City. For a complete schedule of where Premier League clubs will be playing around the world this summer, be sure to bookmark EPL Talk’s Premier League Preseason Schedule.