SAT, 8:45AM ET
SOU
SAT, 11AM ET
STO
WHU

Premier League Gameweek 37: Open Thread

Premier League Gameweek 37: Open Thread

It’s hard to believe, but it’s the last weekend before the final Sunday of the 2009-10 Premier League season. I think you’ll agree that it’s been an incredible one both on and off the pitch. But before I get too nostalgic, there are still big games happening this weekend and plenty to talk about.

Feel free either before, during or after the games today to share your thoughts in the comments section below regarding the following matches:

• Birmingham v Burnley, 7:45am ET
  • Manchester City v Aston Villa, 10am ET
  • Portsmouth v Wolves, 10am ET
  • Stoke City v Everton, 10am ET
  • Spurs v Bolton, 10am ET

The must-watch matches are the ones that feature the battle for fourth at 10am ET — Manchester City v Aston Villa (Fox Soccer Channel), and Tottenham versus Bolton (Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv).

Share your feedback in the comments section below.

13 Responses to Premier League Gameweek 37: Open Thread

1. SFGooner says:

Meh, if you’re an Arsenal supporter, then the must-watch match is the featuring the Gunners, on Monday against Blackburn.

Sadly, ESPN, FSC, and FSC+, in their infinite wisdom, have decided it’s not worth showing.

I get that we’re no longer in contention for any silverware, but woe to the network that marginalizes American Gooners.

• Jake Islas says:

ESPN2 is showing Arsenal/Blackburn on Monday. The best option for Gooners watching in America.

• wil bishop says:

I hope you are right…I like the way ESPN did the Arsenal v Tottenham…unfortunately our title challenge died at the same time.

• Mission Man says:

I looked on my DirecTV schedule and did not see ESPN2 showing the game Monday….a damned shame, as I would much prefer seeing that to Hull-Wigan on FSC. Not only that, but I’ve loved the ESPN2 broadcasts all year because they’re in HD — whereas DirecTV doesn’t carry FSC or FSC+ in HD, even though Direc is a major sponsor for both networks. I can’t for the life of me figure that one out. I called DirecTV customer service a couple of weeks ago to ask about that and I was told that as of now they are not planning on changing to HD for either network. I love both FSC and Plus, but that really, really, really sucks!!!!

2. Jesse says:

Capello: take Adam Johnson

3. wil bishop says:

Whats the point of showing Hull v Wigan I think on Monday??? Altidore isnt playing and Hull is basically down anyway???? Arsenal v Blackburn is a bigger match because Arsenal needs to win or draw to ensure third place as far as i can see since Man City or Tottenham could still catch them.

Oh well.

• wil bishop says:

Well its more realistic that Tottenham have a chance for third….Man City would have to win both matches and turn around a 10-goal difference and Arsenal lose their last two matches….

4. SMOOTH says:

Will ESPN pick up the Blackburn v. Arsenal match on Monday?

• wil bishop says:

thats what i’m hoping for….I know they basically are just playing out the season but to follow them all season and now i cant see accept maybe online just sucks.

5. stewy says:

Anyone knows who will be carrying the games next week?

• The Gaffer says:

Stewy, they haven’t been announced yet. I’m sure Fox and ESPN will be chatting in the next few days to finalize the TV schedule for next Sunday. As soon as we find out, we’ll post them here.

• stewy says:

Thanks Gaffer. Well, the Blues seem to have this double all sewn up. I went to the Blue Anchor to watch the game and it was okay. They also have large TV’s and the service is good. It wasn’t too difficult to find either. Thanks for the tip.