FRI, 4:25PM ET
WHU
SAT, 10AM ET
SOU
WBA

Danny Last Interview: EPL Talk Podcast

EPL Talk Podcast Logo draft 300x242 Danny Last Interview: EPL Talk Podcast

The Friday edition of the podcast welcomes Danny Last, proprietor of EuropeanFootballWeekends.co.uk. The site is dedicated to documenting the adventures of Danny and his friend as they travel across Europe’s different countries, venues, and clubs. Danny joined me earlier this week to talk about the sites, his most memorable trips, and why he started documenting his travels.

6 Responses to Danny Last Interview: EPL Talk Podcast

1. Iain says:

Looking forward to this one.

2. ampf mexcity says:

I agree that Germany’s nice, but Richard the real soccer nirvana is south of the border. If you think borussia dortmund tickets are a deal you gotta check out a game at the Azteca. You can see El Tri play for like $30! I’ve been to games in Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, Chile… In Latin America they really play skilled football, not MLS thug ball. Some of the stadiums have barbed-wire, and things can get pretty wild, but it’s still fun to watch–even if all the players maybe aren’t world class. MLS players aren’t either though, most of them. Plenty of guys in the Bundesliga aren’t either.

• The Gaffer says:

ampf mexcity, maybe it’s time for you to start a blog named Mexican Football Weekends with similar tips and travel diaries to the ones that Danny Last posts?

I don’t live far from Mexico, but I’m not familiar with which places soccer fans would recommend to go in that country.

3. bradjmoore48 says:

Great podcast, as usual. While Review shows and commentator analysis is good, these are the types of shows I really enjoy, the grassroots, “boots on the ground” elements of soccer. Just makes me want to get to Europe that much sooner!

I like the idea of a Mexican/Central/South American Football Weekend, at least to get a fan perspective of the games there. What little Mexican Primera games I see on TV look pretty electrifying. Unfortunately I live nowhere near the border, and unless I had a guide, I’d have some safety concerns traveling there. All the more reason for a website, which could allay a lot of my concerns.

4. The Gaffer says:

I enjoy all of the episodes of the EPL Talk Podcast, but I especially enjoyed this one maybe because it tapped into my dreams and the dreams of other soccer fans around the world. I’m envious of Danny, but fair play to him for thinking outside of the box and embarking on these journeys to see some of the best European football that’s on his doorstep.

His story about going to see Besiktas especially struck a chord with me especially because I believe their fans are the loudest soccer fans on earth – http://epltalk.com/are-besiktas-fans-the-loudest-on-earth/415

5. ampf mexcity says:

@Gaffer Best time I ever had was at a second division game in Villahermosa. As far as Mexican travel, you can start out easy and check out Atlante next time you’re in Cancun. Or Indios de Juarez next time you’re in Texas. All the hysteria about Juarez is bunk–It’s a lovely city and the people are very friendly, and as long as you aren’t fighting the cartels for control of drug smuggling routes it’s just as safe as anywhere. But anywhere in Latin America. In Cuzco one time I remember watching the Libertadores final through a bar window with a huge crowd of Peruvians on the street–they couldn’t afford to go inside the bar, I guess. Anyone who’s wandered around Latin America is familiar with the soccer culture there–it’s everywhere. Maybe I should start a blog.. but I’m not planning any trips right now. :(

Danny Last Interview: EPL Talk Podcast