THURS, 1PM ET
VIL
MON
THURS, 3PM ET
CEL
SAL

Liverpool Unveils New Home Shirt For 2010-12 Seasons

liverpool home shirt 2010 11 Liverpool Unveils New Home Shirt For 2010 12 Seasons

Liverpool has officially unveiled their new home soccer shirt for the 2010-12 seasons, which is now available for pre-order.

Designed and manufactured by Adidas, the new Liverpool home shirt features a “jacquard fabric, laser cut woven club crest execution, and rich metallic gold piping detail that helps to create a jersey steeped in history, with a stylish modern twist.”

The Adidas strip represents a modern interpretation of the one worn during the 1989-90 campaign, in which the Reds won title number 18, and is available to pre-order now ahead of the official launch date of May 6, 2010.

What do you think of the new design of the Liverpool shirt? Personally, I love it except for one thing which is the pattern on the front. It cheapens the look of the shirt and makes it look like one of those shiny shirts from the 1980′s. Sure, it may look much better in person but judging by the photograph, I’m not sure why Adidas went with a retro pattern which makes it look less appealing. But that’s just my opinion.

Share your feedback about the new Liverpool football shirt design in the comments section below.

For the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

24 Responses to Liverpool Unveils New Home Shirt For 2010-12 Seasons

1. Allen says:

It’s nice, but I agree. The pattern on the jersey makes it look a tad bit silly. Nice redesign though.

2. Pat says:

I’m a diehard Liverpool supporter, and I don’t like this one bit. I know its just first impression, but part of it is the lack of the almost iconic Carlsberg print.

Im sure it will look better on the players though, so I think we all have to reserve judgement until we see it on the pitch, similar to the strip from 06-08 with the faux collar that ended up growing on most people.

3. Mark says:

Pat, you must be joking, CALSBERG??…They havn’t been doing good for us… ever since they have been sponsors, we’ve not really progressed that much! 10 years of oblivion! Coincidence I suppose?

Standchart looks so much better on the jersey! and I really Like this one!
    The pattern on the shirt gives it a really unique look! I like it!

• Pat says:

I just meant Carlsberg as iconic due to the duration of their sponsorship. Its gotta be one of the longer/longest shirt sponsors of the premier league era.

That, and I find banks to be right up there with online gambling sites as the worst shirt sponsors. But I don’t care whats on the shirt if they can get the job done on the field.

4. billyv says:

I don’t get why adidas keeps trotting out the gap in the stripes on the sleeves.

5. zak says:

billyv them gaps are there for the premier league badges and european badges to fill. The only dwn side to this shirt is the collar, could have come up with something better. Look at Chelseas home kit although it looks like something lance armstrong or someone from tour de france would wear its different atleast. Im glad we got rid of Carlsberg they didn’t bring us any luck nor did they pay us well Parry and Moores got taken for a ride on that deal. YNWA

6. Fergus from Malaysia says:

I like it very much actually. The 80s pattern is edgy but Zak, you can’t deny that it’s Adidas’ way of making us different, the way Chelsea’s robot shirt makes them look different. It’s edgy but I think we will all like it once the boys do well in it. (One of the reasons why the 06-08 faux collar shirt became well loved was because of Torres’ arrival in that shirt – how that image is imprinted forever in my brains!)

Changing sponsors is always gonna draw the same sentimental feelings – I loved Crown Paints, and then I loved Candy, and for all our lack of success, I will always love the look of Carlsberg on our shirts. And long may Standchart embalzon our shirt.

You know how our away shirts started going green once we got Carlsberg? (Their brand colour.) I truly truly hope we don’t start sporting any blue in our away shirts as the years roll by because of Standchart. That’s all I ask for. Their logo looks dignified. I’m happy with that. Just don’t mess with the away shirt colours – keep it to white, yellow, maybe sometimes green, maybe sometimes black, but never, ever blue.

7. brn442 says:

Gaffer, I know that’s what the press kit says but this shirt looks no where close to the 89-90 one. Whoever designed the 89-90 shirt obviously was on acid or lived under pigeons.

If they stitched on patches like they did in the past, there would be no need for that gap, saying that, they could’ve printed the 3-stripes in that space.

Sorry to see Calsberg go but the new sponsor doesn’t look bad at all.

Ever since their centenary year in ’92, the badge has been a cluttered mess and a complete joke during the Reebok Era. The green has to go.

The collar could have been more dynamic.

That’s the whole point of the pattern, it’s an ode to the retro look of 20 odd years ago with the 89 grey diamond pattern shirt. Umbro did it something similar with the current West Ham Kit. It’s certainly the anti-Chelsea design.

Overall, a decent effort by Adidas, I wouldn’t mind if it lasted two years

8. hot tub time machine, the 80′s really are back. From a pure aesthetic point of view, definitely sad to see Carlsberg gone.

9. iZy® says:

hahaha don’t get me wrong, but this kit looks really gay

10. kizzza says:

now thats a pile of wank

11. Casey G. says:

Yeah Liverpool needs to ditch adidas asap, and get with nike, that home shirt would look sweet as hell with a pair of Air Force 1′s. just my two-cents at least..

12. MNUfan1991 says:

Looks very nice. The Standard Chartered logo goes very well with the pattern on the jersey. Looks 100x better than Carlsberg.

And this comes from an United fan.

13. nice i like the new jerseyy..

14. Hisham says:

Come on Mate! let get this cool jersey now but dont put on the EPL patch cos we r going to wear the golden EPL patch season after that…YNWA

15. DIE FOR LIVERPOOL says:

i am a liverpool fans too..i just received mine today…i ordered from liverpool homesite…but is it the badge wasnt sew one?so do the EPL badge?

16. asla says:

i like that shirt and thank for standard chartered and adidas ……sponsored my famous club ‘liverpool’….. yeeeaahhhhhh

17. LiverpoolFan08 says:

Different people have different opinions.
    I prefer the Carlsberg sponsor.
    Used to the Carlsberg logo on Liverpool jerseys cuz they were Carlsberg since the day I was born.

18. Dan says:

i really dont like this shirt

19. bright akulf says:

i really admire the shirt and i am on my way to buying one soon

20. Donschima says:

I love it, it’s outstanding!

21. Abdul Rahman Abdul Rashid says:

Im a die hard Liverpool fan. I like this new kid soo much with new sponsor Standard Chartered and hopefully will brings better luck tom the REDS.