Martin Tyler Interview: EPL Talk Podcast
BSkyB’s Martin Tyler was voted Premier League Commentator of the Decade. This summer, he will be the lead commentator for ESPN’s coverage of the World Cup in the United States. On this edition of the EPL Talk podcast, the broadcasting icon joined me to talk about
- his preparations for the World Cup,
- what story lines for summer have already caught his eye,
- the challenges of a long-duration event like the World Cup,
- his view of the race atop the Premier League,
- the importance of seeing a new Premier League club in the Champions League,
- his approach to covering John Terry and Wayne Bridge at Stamford Bridge, and
- the performance of Kingstonian in the Isthmian Premier Division, for whom he serves as assistant coach.
Don’t forget that the EPL Talk Podcast is the only Premier League interview and analysis podcast available for free. In the past few weeks, we’ve interviewed legends of the game such as Dwight Yorke, Andrew Cole, Steve McManaman, Gary O’Reilly and Robbie Earle as well as experts such as Declan Hill, Simon Kuper, Misha Sher, Andy Brassell, Tim Vickery and many others. Why pay $40 a year to rival podcasts when you can subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast for FREE featuring interviews with the biggest names in football?