THURS, 1PM ET
ZUR0
THURS, 3PM ET
MON0
APO0

How To Demand Your TV Provider Adds Fox Soccer Plus or FSCHD

fox soccer on hd How To Demand Your TV Provider Adds Fox Soccer Plus or FSCHD

The first quarter of 2010 has been the most traumatic ever for Premier League fans in the United States with several key changes that significantly impact the quantity and quality of matches on television. Setanta US will close its doors after February 28, and will be replaced by Fox Soccer Plus which launches March 1 on DirecTV and FIOS. DISH Network customers meanwhile did a jig when Fox Soccer Channel launched in HD on that network on February 10.

But for the large majority of soccer fans in the United States, we won’t be able to watch Fox Soccer Channel in HD anytime soon (unless you’re a DISH customer). And Fox Soccer Plus won’t be available in the near future (unless you’re a DirecTV or FIOS customer).

There is something you can do about it, though. And that’s by contacting your satellite or TV provider. Here’s how:

fox soccer plus How To Demand Your TV Provider Adds Fox Soccer Plus or FSCHD

The following is a list of contact information for the major TV providers in the United States. Included are all forms of contact that are available. If you’re a customer of any of these services and you want Fox Soccer Plus and/or Fox Soccer Channel in HD, I highly encourage you to make your voice heard and tell your provider:

AT&T U-verse:

Cablevision:

Comcast:

COX:

DirecTV:

DISH Network:

RCN:

Time Warner:

Verizon FIOS:

When you’re contacting the customer service reps, be courteous and patient because they’ll often not know much (if anything) about the availability of Fox Soccer Plus and/or Fox Soccer Channel in HD. Ask them how you can request that a channel be added. And if they’re aware of either network, ask them when they plan on adding the networks to its programming lineup.

39 Responses to How To Demand Your TV Provider Adds Fox Soccer Plus or FSCHD

1. RayO says:

I made the switch from Direct TV to Dish over the weekend and let me say it was well worth it. The picture quality of Dish is the same or better, in addition to Fox Soccer HD, I was able to get a few other channels that I didn’t have before (BBC America HD and Travel Channel HD). The audio quality is appreciably better and the footprint of the Dish on the outside of the house is significantly smaller.

To top it all off even when the promotional period ends I’ll still be saving $60/month over what I was paying for DirectTV.

The Dish guy came on Sunday morning and didn’t get done in time for me to see the Man City/Liverpool clash, but I did get to watch Bolton and Wigan in all their High Def glory.

I took the chance that Setanta will roll right over to Fox Sports +…so we shall see.

2. Ian says:

Great news FiOS will carry FSC + on March 1, I was actually looking at their press release and there is actually no mention of FSC + being in HD, I would think it will be available in HD but it is not specifically called out, that would be a shame, I think because FSC is going to be in HD we all assumed FSC + would be HD.

3. PhillySpur says:

“The first quarter of 2010 has been the most traumatic ever for Premier League fans in the United States.” A bit of hyperbole? I really don’t feel all that traumatized.

• The Gaffer says:

Philly, perhaps, but once March 1 rolls around and soccer fans start complaining that they can’t see Man United v Liverpool on telly because it’s on Fox Soccer Plus, it will be pretty traumatic for many die-hard soccer fans.

4. RS says:

As I have been saying….I just got a message on my Verizon FIOS set-top-box saying as of March 1st Setanta Sports Channel 1009 will become Fox Soccer+ and no games will be missed.

Unfortunately though, according to Verizon FIOS’ twitter account it WILL NOT be offered in HD at this time.

5. dlink09 says:

i have TWC and i don’t think they will care that much. already contacted them and they don’t know. we didn’t have setanta before and i watched them using other means :). how stupid can FSC be..

6. DL says:

Thanks for the links to contact our provider. I contacted Dish Network about FSC+ and got this reply, “We do not have any update regarding the programming. We thank you for bringing this up.”

I am in a bind now. I am very glad to have FSC-HD, but if I can’t get access to all EPL games I may have to switch to DirectTV. I haven’t missed a Man United game in three of four years.

What a mess this is turning out to be!

Will foxsoccertv.com be carrying all EPL games as of March?

• The Gaffer says:

DL, FoxSoccer.tv is a big question mark. No one seems to know what their plans are, and Fox isn’t talking.

What I would encourage you to do (as well as the other readers) is to use Twitter as your primary method of contacting the TV providers to request FS+ and FSCHD. Reason being is that those requests are transparent to other soccer fans and, most importantly, the TV providers. The cable and satellite providers can hide behind e-mails and phone calls, but they can’t hide behind Twitter.

7. GianCarlo says:

Where is any type of confirmation of Direct TV getting Fox Soccer Plus?

• The Gaffer says:

GianCarlo, here’s a link that one of our readers, Civrock, found: http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2338

• GianCarlo says:

I called Direct TV immediately after you posted the link and talked to a young girl and her supervisor. As expected, the two of them did not know jack about FS+ launching on March 1st. The supervisor repeatedly told me that Setanta will not close their doors on February 28th, and I kept reiterating that it will and that they are not informed and need to get their facts straight. He asked me to call back, and I declined. I asked him to transfer me to a department that know more. After asking him a few time, he finally place me on hold and immediately put me on the line with a well informed lady.

I don’t know the department he transferred me to, but this lady was well informed. Who knows? I could be wrong or misguided though. I asked her about FS+. Her answer is that as of March 1st all existing subscribers of Setanta will automatically roll over to FS+, and any prospective customer can be a customer. In regards to the channel being available in HD, she said that there is no information about it being available in HD. This possibly may happen when they finish testing the satellite.

I asked her about this information that has been up for some time: http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2701/kw/foxsoccerplus/r_id/104513. Allegedly, Direct TV just wants to make sure that most content from Setanta will carry over to FS+. They don’t want you to miss a lot of what you were used to watching on Setanta when the channel makes the switch.

Who knows if this is accurate. I just want to share my conversation, so please don’t bash me if it’s inaccurate.

8. Richard Clifford says:

I’d like to ask you people to add Fox Soccer Plus & Fox Soccer Channel HD, please, to our Comcast line-up on Boston’s South Shore.

9. Terry says:

The FIOS tweeter said they were in negotiations with FOX to get FSC HD and met on the 19th, at least. I think the good news for FIOS subscribers is that a number of their higher priorities (getting MSNBC HD up in time for Olympics, new channel tier, web aps) are finally out of the way.

On March 1, the Fios Guide currently shows Italian Serie A (Milan-Inter) at 0600 EST and Fox Soccer Report at 0900 EST on “Setanta” 1009. I guess the guide menu program isn’t capable of showing the new channel name after March 1. A number of the descriptions say “HD” but that has been done for past Setanta programming, which obviously was not HD. (Info is probably provided by the channel?)

Anyway, I am curious if I will have to reorder the channel after midnight March 1, as the programming is very similar. No big deal, just a few buttons on the remote to press and a few minutes to wait, but I still wonder. Other questions: Will FS+ have the Pick of the Week segment between EPL games? I’ve grown attached to that short highlight segment. And I suppose for the midweek EPL replays, those games on Setanta will not and can not be re-aired on FS+? I haven’t check the whole schedule, but it doesn’t look like it and that would certainly explain showing Inter knocking over Milan again and no rugby until 1400 EST March 5 (Scarlets-Ulster). I’m also curious if they’ll have any official intro during the switchover. But most importantly… will FS+ still be playing the “We Will Be There” montage Setanta created?

10. jay Redknapp says:

FYI for those with Time Warner. I have Time Warner in Western New York and channel 777 is MSG Plus. The last 2 weeks MSG Plus has aired LIVE the second UEFA Champions League match that is not on FSC in HD! And after the 2:30/2:45 match the usually reply the match that aired on FSC later the same night in HD as well. So those of us without FSCHD yet can take advantage of the loop hole provided by MSG Plus on 777. Football in HD compared to SD is world’s apart.

• RS says:

It’s not a loophole. There isn’t a “Fox Sports NY” affiliate but MSG & MSG+ sometimes pick up some random Fox Sports programming. They had some of the group games on in the Fall as well.

Definitely worth taking advantage of.

11. Up the Chels!! In Chicago. says:

Spoke with the guy on Comcast’s Twitter page, he said there was no information about FSC HD or FS+, but he would pass along my request. The same ol’ company line from Comcrap.

• The Gaffer says:

Everyone, if you’re a Comcast customer and you want FSC HD and FS+, each of you needs to tweet @comcastcares

Chels may have gotten the same ol’ company line from them, but I can guarantee you that if they get 50 or 100 similar requests that he’ll find out the answer real quick and will give us real and useful information.

12. sucka99 says:

Great job, Gaffer. I did a search on twitter and this FSC thing has gone absolutely viral! It’s just sad that it had to come from you and not, say, Jamie Trekker or Nick Webster.

13. Robert George says:

Im a Dish subscriber and have sent the following email to there Chairman. I want an answer from the top rather then someone who knows nothing. I have sucked up a bit. Will let you know if and when I get a reply.

Dear Mr Ergen

I have been a Dish customer for about a year since switching from cable and I am glad that I made the move as you offer such a superior product compared to cable. I am a huge soccer and rugby fan as I am originally from England and due to that fact that you carry Setanta Sports made me switch to Dish as well as having a nightmare with my local cable company.

I was very impressed that you got one over on Direct TV by carrying Fox Soccer channel HD before Direct TV and most cable companies. There is a lot of unhappy Direct TV customers in the soccer community on line whilst you guys are getting some positive press.

However the reason I am writing to yourself is that sadly Setanta Sports is going to be ceasing broadcasting on Feb 28th and is going to be replaced by Fox Soccer Channel Plus. Fox now owns the rights to the international sports Setanta had. This has been confirmed on Setanta as well as there website. I have been billed for Setanta way into March.

I would like to know if you are going to be carrying Fox Soccer Channel Plus? I have spoken to customer services and they seem to be unaware of Setanta ceasing broadcasting and via Dish Networks Twitter feed I just get a standard reply.

I have heard rumours that you hate Direct TV. and I would like to show you the following quote from there website. “DIRECTV is in discussions to come to an agreement to offer most of the same programming on Fox Soccer Plus that you received with Setanta Sports. We will continue to update this question as more information becomes available.” Your website does not mention that Setanta will cease broadcasting.

I am hearing rumours that Direct TV and FIOS will be carrying Fox Soccer Channel Plus on March 1st.

I would like to know if you are in negotiations with Fox to carry this channel? Will you be carrying this channel? Or will it be a smooth transition from Setanta to Fox Soccer Channel Plus. I would like Dish to get one over on Direct TV again by offering this channel

Thank you for time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

14. Hi – I’m the director of digital communication at Time Warner Cable. My work e-mail address and Twitter handle are listed above for anyone who wishes to contact Time Warner Cable about Fox Soccer.

In all honesty, the decision to launch these channels is made on a local/regional basis. I’m not privy to launch schedules in our different markets, myself.

I know it can be frustrating to see this, but it’s the best I can tell you right now. If you want to lobby your local division to accelerate Fox Soccer Plus and Fox Soccer HD, I’d recommend using the Contact Form and E-mail links beneath “Time Warner Cable” on this post.

Feel free to call or e-mail using the Contact link. Both the call centers and the inbox at the local level categorize and sort topics by volume and pass the information on accordingly.

Hope this helps, at least a little.

15. CTBlues says:

I emailed Cablevision today. I will let you know what I hear in three days which is how many days it takes them to respond =.

16. Kevin says:

Jeff: Thanks so much for responding. I actually clicked on the link and emailed you before I saw that you posted on here. I will certainly take your advice and request my regional time warner office. Right now I am able to get FSC on my standard digital package (even though the sports package hypes FSC as one of the reasons for purchasing it). I would certainly be willing to upgrade in order to get FSCHD or FS+.

Thanks again,
    Kevin

17. sucka99 says:

btw your link to the Comcast Twitter is an https instead of an http

18. Cricketlover says:

I contacted Cox New England about FSC+ and they told me that they have no plans to add the channel at this time and that they would only consider it if enough subscribers asked for it. Anyone out there who subscribes to Cox please let them know you want FSC+ .

19. Dave B. says:

It might make sense to organize a good old fashioned EECB (Executive Email Carpet Bomb) on this. In most cases i’m not sure going through traditional customer service routes is going to get you an answer.

Email addresses for Comcast execs can be found here …

20. Casey G. says:

Any u-verse subscribers contacting at&t about the channels??, WE NEED TO GET ON THEM or else they’ll never even know those channels exist, U-Verse Customers we MUST UNITE!!

On a side note i find it quite upsetting that directv and fios will automatically switch setanta to FS+ which theoretically u-verse could have done as well, but didn’t. Now we have to go through the whole trouble again of calling customer service and order a ‘new’ channel (if they decide to provide it) then wait and wait days for live service of the channel. My only hope is that if U-verse picks it up, it would pick up its HD counterpart as well, which would be a great incentive for them if they get chance to provide FS+HD before other providers.

• Bobby says:

i called them today and they still have no idea, i told them if they don’t have it by the start of the season well ill be going back to directv then. uverse is ok but directv has the same features now and i like being able to pause and rewind on any tv in the house uverse better get thier act together

21. Up the Chels!! In Chicago. says:

I’ve been hounding the comcastcares guy on Twitter pretty much everyday, he has no info, ever. We comcast customers really need some sort of answer from them, it seems that all of the other major providers have given dates to their customers. Bullhockey.

• ovalball says:

I don’t think there is a single cable customer who has heard a thing. Remember, even if your parent cable company agrees to an overall contract with Fox over FS+ that doesn’t mean you will get it. That final decision will be left up to regional managers across the country.

This little hiccup seems to escape a lot of cable customers.

• sucka99 says:

ironic that the account name is @comcastcares when they most surely don’t. More than likely all their customers are locked in due to HOA affiliation, or geography. So they don’t really care.

• ovalball says:

Yeah, I love TimeWarner’s “The Power Of You”. Power to do what? To get the channels I’d like? I don’t think so, sucker!

22. tim says:

I called Verizon once the EPL season was over and vastly reduced my service, including FSC+, and made sure they note in my file that it was because of the lack of HD service for FSC. With the season around the corner, I need to decide if I want to take a stand and cancel all my soccer service, since I’ll already miss half of the games. I’m willing to boycott for as long as it takes. The only thing these giant companies understand is how much money they will lose. Now, the fifty bucks they lose on me every month is nothing, but if everyone were to boycott, or switch providers altogether, that’s a different story. If it hits them in the wallet, they’ll finally act.

23. angry_haggis says:

I guess the whole situation sucks. Evidently the only provider currently carrying any HD Fox Soccer Channel or Fox Soccer PLus is Dish Network. And I’m getting the idea that they don’t carry Fox Soccer Plus at all. So it’s just Fox Soccer Channel in HD. DirecTv has no plans or any idea if they will ever switch to HD with the two channels. And both of these companies are vying for the “Best Sports Programming” label. They both suck. Zero customer service. I’ve complained to DirecTv numerous times without result ever since February. On top of that, DirecTv adds GolTv in HD instead. What?!?!?! Who the hell watches that channel? It carries the lowest of the low in priority of interesting games. And you can’t threaten to “switch” because they don’t care because nobody has full programming no matter how you slice it. Just chalk this up as a big loser for soccer programming in America. Basically the game gets no respect here. Nor do the fans and consumers evidently. Right now I’m seeing the only available avenue as moving to Europe or Great Britain to see my game in HD. Bollocks!!!

24. Chech says:

FSCHD FSPHD GOLTVHD coming to Time Warner! SoCal atleast…

On or after September 30, 2010 the following services:
    Big Ten Network HD, channel 393; Fox Soccer Channel HD, channel 394; Fox Soccer Plus HD, channel 395; Gol TV HD, channel 396; Galavision HD, channel 397; HBO Latino HD, channel 398, Hallmark Channel HD, channel 477, 3DTV Special Events 1, channel 700 and 3DTV Special Events, channel 701.

will be added in Artesia, Bell & Cudahy, Carson, Claremont, Compton, Athens, East Compton, Florence, Willowbrook, Corona, Covina, Pomona, California Oaks, Canyon Lake, Corona, El Cerrito, Glenn Ivy, Horsethief Canyon, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Murrieta Hot Springs, Riverside County, The Farm, Wild Rose, Costa Mesa, Cypress & La Palma, Harbor, Lomita, Harbor City, San Pedro, Wilmington, Hawaiian Gardens, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Downey, La Mirada, Lynwood, Maywood, Paramount, Santa Fe Springs, Hollywood, Westchester: Baldwin Hills, Culver City, Hollywood, Hawthorne, Ladera Heights, Lennox, Playa del Rey, Playa Vista, Westchester, West LA, Westside, Westwood, Wilshire, Windsor Hills, Homeland, Romoland, Inglewood, Lakewood, South El Monte, Santa Clarita, Tujunga, North Valley: Castaic, Kagel Canyon, Newhall, Saugus, Valencia, Sunland, Sylmar, South Los Angeles and Tustin.

25. cablevision customer in northern, nj says:

8/22/10 3:10PM: I am missing PSG-Bordeaux at this very moment because I can’t get Fox Soccer Plus.

I just called Cablevision (northern Bergen County, NJ) and they say they are not getting it in the near future.

Put in a request for the channel if you call.

26. Gowanus Red says:

Not sure when it started but Time Warner NYC now offers FSC FSC+ and GolTV all in HD. Channels: 485, 470 & 469 respectively!