WED, 3PM ET
SAT, 10AM ET
STO
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

Poll: For Fox Soccer Plus, Will You Pay $14.99 Per Month?

fox soccer plus Poll: For Fox Soccer Plus, Will You Pay $14.99 Per Month?

On March 1, Fox Soccer Plus will launch on select TV providers across the United States. According to several EPL Talk readers, it looks like FSC+ will be launching first on DirecTV and FIOS. EPL Talk believes that the monthly fee for Fox Soccer Plus will be $14.99 although we’re awaiting confirmation from Fox.

As many of you know, Fox Soccer Plus will show two live Premier League games each weekend as well as live Serie A games, FA Cup matches, rugby, Coca-Cola Championship and more.

The question for you is whether you’re planning on paying $14.99 per month for Fox Soccer Plus. Please vote below and share your opinion in the comments section.

Would you pay $14.99 per month for Fox Soccer Plus?(polls)

98 Responses to Poll: For Fox Soccer Plus, Will You Pay $14.99 Per Month?

1. rej4sl says:

I just can’t justify $15 for one channel – our Comcast bill is way too high as it is and we can manage with ESPN HD and FSC – we may not get the big games as it seems like Fox are taking lessons of Sky Sports in the U.K. – move the big games to another channel in the system. But we won’t play the game – we did not have Setanta Sports and managed so we can manage without FSC +. If enough people do this then Fox will have to re jig their pricing and make it more affordable for the masses.

2. erik says:

I was paying $15 for Setanta, so it’s like for like.

3. So this is basically Setanta – this season’s package?

I paid for Setanta last season when (a) Boro were in the EPL and I didn’t want to miss their games and (b) they had other content like that Monday night show with AC Jimbo.

Now that they’re showing fewer games and there’s no other programs I’m not really inclined to subscribe.

4. LJ says:

I’ve had Setanta since its inception and will continue with FSC Plus. Every year come the last Premier League game in may I cancel and save myself $50 by not subscribing in the off-season.

I suspect I’m not alone. The larger issue is whether it’s a sustainable model given that Fox Soccer is virtually the same product and those of use with DirecTV receive that as part of the sports pack.

As others have said, the fact it’ll be in HD is major selling point.

5. Kenta says:

I voted no as of now but would rethink it if Fox beefs up their shoulder programming. Way too many repeats of programs that can already be viewed on the FSC that I already have. I was hoping that the new channel would feature programming from Man U TV, Chelsea TV, Old Firm Games on replay on Monday Nights like the old days, and other diverse programs that aren’t on the regular FSC. If I want to watch Sky Sports News, the Fox Soccer Report, Premier League Review Show, Premier League Preview Show, Premier League World, The Contenders, Passport to South Africa, the UEFA Champions League Magazine Show, Premier League Archive Show, Total Italian Football, and Serie A Weekly I already can since they are on FSC.

• wigan88 says:

The answer for me is yes, but with 1 caviat. I have been a subscriber of Setanta-i & its precursor Setanta Broadband since its inception. So, if Fox Soccer Plus decides to adopt the Setanta-i platform, which up to now we have no idea what they going to do when it comes to online content, I will gladly continue to be a subscriber for $14.99 a month. As far as the Satellite channel, I will pass.

• Mike says:

I agree, if foxsoccer.tv starts including all the content on FSC+/former Setanta then I’d start to subscribe when setanta-i closes. For now it seems foxsoccer.tv only includes 2-4 EPL games/week plus limited Champions League, and then Serie A, random WCQs and that weekly A-League match which really isn’t that much.

I assume setanta-i.com will just be a distribution thing for overpriced premium sports games. And foxsoccer.tv has a contract with Rayv.com for the technology which they’re probably obliged to for the rest of the season.

6. dan says:

Like LJ, I dropped FSC and Setanta last summer, but I decided to only pick FSC back up at the start of the season to see how it went. FSC is part of a 35 channel package on DTV for $13. Setanta is one channel, well there is an extra channel which shows the odd live game, for $15.

I’ve managed to live perfectly well without Setanta and if their content is simply transferring to FSC+ for the same price, I see no reason to get it. What I’ll be interested to see – and I hope you’ll keep you eye on this Gaffer – is whether Fox start moving content from FSC to FSC+ to push people into buying that channel. That will piss me off no end.

7. dave b says:

I will never pay 15
    They must be crazy
    They will shoot themselves in the foot

8. sucka99 says:

I paid $15 for Setanta in SD so I could watch more matches live in the EPL and the Champions League. i don’t care about RPL, SPL or Rugby any more than a casual glance. And I still watched Setanta after Football Matters and Special1TV (appointment viewing for me) went away. Essentially all I lose that I care about now is the occasional Pat Dolan rant.

Plus I expect FS Plus to be light of new content for now. But the key will be what thwy add in new content in August. And what bleeds over to FS Espanol – which I currently get.

9. Evertonian says:

Loved Setanta and ALL the sport it showed. Glad FS+ will also be showing the Rugby (But I have to admit I was a Special One TV addict and miss that)

10. rej4sl says:

I too will be watching as they bleed all the good matches from FSC to FSC+ I can’t see them showing the top game of the day on FSC the free channel when they can charge for it on the FSC +. I will get my fix of Man Utd. on ESPN as that will most probably the only channel which will now show them as I am not forking out $14.99 and being blackmailed into watching them. In the Spring and Summer we are off doing things anyway. I like the idea of canceling in off season though – I just wonder though if Comcast will add it to the regular Sports and Entertainment pack we already pay for.

11. P A U L says:

I’m only interested in paying the $14.99/mo fee if it allows me to view live games online (as Setanta’s service currently does). Currently FSC’s online service only allows you to view games on replay; live games are blacked out. Silly & stupid. FSC won’t get my $ if they don’t make online content available live!

12. Corolla says:

Until I see Ligue1 and SPL matches appear on the FS+ schedule, I will cancel my current Setanta/future FS+ subscription. Actually, the RPL coverage over the summer last year lead me to keep my subscription in the offseason. I was always pleased with Setanta’s content but I am not paying for less. No way.

13. pall_good says:

I have paid for setanta for about a year, and I wonder if it’s really worth the money. I go out for a lot of games, and the one or two villa matches that I need to watch live can be watched one way or another on my tv with my PS3. I won’t bother paying $15 a month for fsc+, because I didn’t think setanta was really worth it to begin with. If it was $5 a month I would think about it though.

14. Richard The Red (Devil) says:

As a Brighthouse customer, I seriously doubt that we will get the option to buy this package. Nevertheless, I will buy if given the chance. I love football and can’t get enough. I leave on Wednesday for Ireland/Scotland and England for holiday. Me and my mates are going to the Old Firm derby. I’ll be wearing neutral colours.

15. DaveG says:

very disappointed in the first months lineup on FS+….way too many repeats and filler shows that are already on the basic FSC I already get.
    I always felt that Setanta had the feel of a premium channel with premium events
    (Setanta i subscriber for 2 years) being Irish I always loved the GAA and the Rugby additions. I can understand why a fair few of those on here might not like those sports, but that coverage gave Setanta an extra angle along with some great football coverage.
    I would love to see FS+ show Soccer AM on saturday mornings…Show it live at 4am so I can tape it, or show it delayed before the 10 am game (7-10am)…either way it would be a top notch addition.
    Being a premium channel surely they could show Soccer Am without having to jump through any copyright coverage hoops? FFS aren’t they owned by the same bloody company!!
    FS+ needs more ORIGINAL programming (from SKY SPORTS) before I will consider forking over $15 a month…its too easy for me to see their markee games next month via illegal feeds online anyway

16. RaiderRich says:

1) Time Warner wouldn’t offer Setanta, so there’s no way they’re going to offer this. They still won’t offer FSC in HD

2) Sure, let’s add another monthly fee when people are still worried about losing their job any day now.

17. Adam S. says:

I can’t justify paying $180/yr for one channel. I’d love to see some Champions League football, but that’s just too much. It’s the same reason I never had Setanta. If it were part of the sports package or somewhere around $5/mo, I’d pay for it then.

When Fulham is on FSC+, I’ll just follow the game on the live BBC text.

18. pete says:

my DishNetwork bill is already 89$ its all because i have to have almost the most expesive package to have FSC so im not going to spend another 15$ for one channel. i will be willing to spend around 25$ for both FSC and FSC+ if i dont have to buy America’s top 250 package!
    so maybe they can separate them to a indyvidual package…it would be great for me!

• Orange County says:

Dude, i gotta tell you, you can save SO MUCH cash by switching to a Dish Latino Package!! They have FSC in the lower tiers, and you get Playboy for FREE!!!!!
      I got the Dish Latino max, in hd, my bill is 65$….
      thats with a one year special, then it goes up to 75$, and i get ALL the English channels that anyone would ever need. check it out dude..

19. ovalball says:

Repeat after me, Gaffer….FS+, FS+, FS+. There is NO FSC+!!

Sorry for the rant. On to the question…

As a current Setanta-i subscriber who is both a soccer fan and rugby fan I would gladly pay. Will I ever get the chance to? Not with my local TimeWarner affiliate’s history, even if TW agrees to an overall contract.

If rugby were no longer in the package (dropped after the acquired rights expire?) I would not pay the extra money just to get a few more soccer matches, particularly since I am only interested in the EPL. ESPN and FSC will have plenty.

I do believe FS+ is a work in progress, so as sucka99 has pointed out it may be a whole other story come fall or as different rights packages become available.

20. I’ll definitely continue my subscription from Setanta to FS+. So many United matches are shown on that channel, that it would be silly for me not so.

My biggest question is what the programming on FS+ will look like next season. Right now it’s easy for Fox to determine what will be shown there as they are just giving their sublicensed Setanta rights a new home. Once next season rolls around I figure they’ll rework everything and use the extra channel to its fullest.

Fox surprised me today with a clever use of their channels: Rather than showing City v. Liverpool live on FSE, they showed other programming until 11:00 EST and then aired (and are currently airing) Wigan v. Spurs live. Well done, Fox.

21. Fletch Spigner says:

I pay for Setanta and I’m going to pay for Fox Soccer Plus. It is a premium channel and if you care about having essentially unlimited access to any EPL match on any given day, then you have to pay for it. If you’re into seeing a decent selection of matches on ESPN2 and FSC, then don’t! It’s that simple.

One thing I don’t understand is how some people are mad about this. I mean, you either pay for Setanta now or you don’t. Fox could have bought Setanta’s rights and NOT chosen to roll out a new channel. Or, worse, they could have picked apart the biggest games (in their opinion) every weekend and only shown it on FSC. Then we would be left without the ability to choose who, what, and when we want to watch. Where else, besides England, can a Boro fan (above) watch every match if he wants to? Do you think Boro or Burnley or Bolton or Pompey would ever get shown if executives at Fox were deciding which matches to broadcast? I think not. On the other hand, if you don’t care about those teams, then paying for Fox Soccer Plus isn’t for you.

If you’re worried about the price, just do what I do. My wife gives Setanta to me for Christmas every year. Instead of buying me something for $180, she just pays the $15 every month. I enjoy what I get on Setanta and I don’t feel like it’s an extra bill!

Just my thoughts!

• Corolla says:

But they didn’t just pick up where Setanta left off. Basically we’re getting Setanta Light with a few more SerieA matches (personally, I can’t wait to check out that Catania v. Palermo match…obvious sarcasm). No Ligue1 (and say what you’d like there’s definitely more appealing matches in Ligue1 than there is in SerieA), No SPL (I really enjoy keeping up with The Old Firm), and no RPL (fun summer time action). Also, I never, and I mean ever watch FSC during pre/half/fulltime, Setanta’s Sat morning crew with Dempsey and Dolan was outstanding to view. Great insight from people in the know….as opposed to Christian Miles sniveling his way through cue cards and stiff neck Warren Barton talking about what seems like paint drying. Small things to some, big to others. I’m cancelling unless I see an improvement and I hope others do too.

• sucka99 says:

completely agree – the outrage is misplaced. We’re in a recession. The dollar doesn’t go as far. We’re lucky we have a second channel to bitch about at all! Setanta US shouldn’t really have lasted as long as it did when you think about it.

22. jose martinez says:

my directv base package (family $29.99) directv charging me for two receivers $10.00, my hd service $10.00, my dvr service $7.00, setanta soon to be fsc+ $14.99. im looking at around $75.00 after taxes. I had to choose fsc+ because i love both soccer and rugby. my sacrifice is not having espn or fsc due to my base package but I get to watch my two fav sports in hd and with my dvr service i can record my games, plus paying a bill of $75.00 a month is not bad compare to what you have to pay if you had a higher base package and the sports pack.

23. Michael O'Meara says:

Does anyone know if the FSC+ program line-up will be the same as Setanta – i.e., will they show rugby, GAA, etc? If they do, I’ll definitely sign up.

• Mike says:

There will be some rugby: They have the Magners League and Guiness on the schedule. I imagine they’ll show the Heineken cup knockout games too. No sign of the Super XIV so far and I’m afraid they probably won’t show the Churchill Cup. Setanta had paid for the rights for the European rugby through 2014 so I imagine FS+ will show them through them.

I think Setanta gave the GAA rights to Premium Sports for them to show on their $10-20/game PPV model.

• Chris says:

The only rugby they show is English Premier League. All the other rugby is GONE! No Six Nations, no Currie Cup, no Super 14, not even the Six Nations and definately no interternaional matches (yet anyway). So, what benefit is FSP to the rugby fan I ask?

24. Since ESPN2 will be showing more Premier League matches next season, and since ESPN2 is already broadcasting in HD, and since I don’t pay an additional surcharge for ESPN2, the question is this; why pay an additional $14.99 for a couple of matches a week on FSC Plus? Although it’s nice to have the capability to view all the matches available, FSC Plus can’t always show so-called big four matches, week in and week out. For myself, I only watch two live week-end matches a week ,plus 2nd half week-day matches at my community pub, during my PST lunch hour. I’m going to take a wait and see approach on FSC Plus….the jury is still out.

25. RIP says:

It is amazing we are a week away from this channel launching and we don’t have official details. That said I will continue with the 15/month. I won’t be satisfied as I was with Setanta (Ligue 1 and HT crew), but I am not as satisfied was I was in Setanta during the 2008-2009 season.

1. Special 1 TV
    2. Extra Saturday EPL game
    3. Setanta Original Programing (Football Matters and Friday Football Show)

FS+ should recognize they need to import some original Sky Programming to keep current subs satisfied. Ex-Setanta clientele are a different customer than FSC.

26. rej4sl says:

We always watch the match on ESPN HD each weekend, the match on ESPN HD on Monday – any matches shown live on FSC on Saturday and Sunday – and any Champions League game – preferably on FSN HD – and with the world cup this year in HD on ESPN and ABC – I think for free we do pretty well out of the football we get – so $14.99 for more matches just isn’t feasible – yup I love to watch all Man Utd. games but if I can’t I can catch up online with the text at the BBC or guardian and if I can it is a bonus.

27. jmf says:

I’ve spent too many years paying $70, $80, $90 for a hundred plus channels that I don’t want in order to get one or two that I do want. The Setanta-i model was perfect: $15 per month for sport I wanted. I’ll happily subscribe to Foxsoccer.tv if they start showing live games; for soccer & rugby I would pay up to $30 per month – but I’m not going to subscribe to a cable or satellite company and have to pay $100 plus for boxes, DVR rights, channel packages plus premium package in order the get the two or channels that are carrying EPL.

• sucka99 says:

The Setanta i model ALSO failed. paying $15/month a-la-carte failed for both the TV and internet. It was great for us who enjoyed venture-capital subsidizing bad business decisions (even if it’s something that we liked). But just like pets.com and Merill Lynch selling crap mortgages – it had to end sometime.

28. Ivan says:

$15/month, with really poor content and no Pat Dolan. Me thinks not!!!Get the French, Russian, Turkish leagues, then I may think about it. And HD is a must! I feel like whatever Fox touches, it turns into a nightmare…

• Corolla says:

Yes on the Pat Dolan, French, Russia, and Turkish league shouts. I’d love that. I might be speaking out of place but seriously, how much could it possibly cost to add 1-2 Turkish League and 1-2 Russian League matches? If FS+ offered the top match each weekend from these different competitions I’d love it. I don’t love SerieA, and I get more than enough EPL. Give us some variety FS+ not just FSC reruns.

29. nikesb says:

FOX is a TRUE ENEMY OF PROGRESS…while ESPN is trying expand the game to the masses for a reasonable price or free these idiots wanna charge for “light” content

• sucka99 says:

This is absolutely laughable. Without Fox creating AN ENTIRE CHANNEL FOR mostly EUROPEAN SOCCER all you would get is dribs and drabs on ESPN2 or Classic or 360 or have to find a pub. Try doing that for $15 a month. I doubt you’d be able to do that for $15 a weekend!

30. Angry Trey says:

I would not pay that much for 1 channel, especially with the free options available on the internet.

31. SeminoleGunner says:

There must be something going on with FS+ that we don’t know yet. As it stands now they seem to be pursuing the Setanta model that just failed, only with (1) less availability (2) no comparable online option (3) fewer leagues and games.

What FS+ has going for them is the FOX name, and High Definition. But looking at these poll results I don’t know if that will be enough.

32. GoZzy says:

I have FIOS, and I just checked the guide for Setanta for the first week of March. It all goes FS+ with SkySportsNews, FoxSoccerReport etc. I guess it’s just a simple replacement of Setanta with FS+ logo and selective FSC content plus Setanta content.

• DFW Razorback says:

GoZzy, I’m seeing the same on the Uverse onscreen program schedule. It doesn’t answer the question of whether we’ll have either FSC or FS+ in HD in March, but it seems that on the SD side it will be a seamless transition.

33. Yespage says:

It’s close for me. I have Dish Network and have to get the higher package to get FSC, but I also watch the Tour de France, so I need Versus which is in the same package, and you get a set of movie channels. So FSC isn’t going anywhere for me.

Looking at the FS+ lineup, there are only 4 lives events on Sunday in the first three weeks, I won’t pull the trigger if that is typical. Granted, at a PPV basis, $15 a month for 8 to 12 games a month is an absolute deal. FS+ is holding onto most of the Rugby that Setanta had, except the Down Under stuff. For me, I have little interest in Serie A. So there are a few games on the weekend I will have no interest in. Of course, I didn’t watch Ligue Un much at all.

So really, I’m on the fence. FS+ could be much worse than it is shaping out to be. I think I may need to sit and wait and see how the schedule pans out. Of course, I’d lose the FA Cup, but I’ll survive. With the money I save, I can get HD and watch FSC HD and ESPN2 HD.

34. brn442 says:

I’ve been a $14.99 setanta subscriber fora couple of years so it’s the same difference to me. People forget that less than four years ago roughly half of the big matches were only available via PPV at over $20 a pop. However, I can understand why others may be frustrated. Cable’s justification on why most of us have to pay $80 – $100+ for packages of channels, 90% of which we never watch is, so they can “subsidize” the so-called “fringe” channels. Now they’re asking some of their customers to pay extra on top of that for the ONE channel they actually want.

Like record companies that expected their customers to spend $17.99 on an entire CD just to get just the ONE song they like, technology and market forces in the form of piracy will bite Cable/Satellite companies in the A______ if they keep this up.

35. Orange County says:

Its sometimes laughable to me knowing that some people don’t know they can get FSC in the lower packages, such as Dish Latino packages, or the Directv Spanish packages. Instead the got to the highest package just to get one channel.
    With my Dish latino package, i get more english channels that i would ever hope to get, i rarely watch the spanish channels(only to see hot women ;)
    They even come with Fox sports espanol and ESPN deportes.
    C’mon people, look at the spanish packages, they are a whole lot more economical on both Dish and Directv.

• yespage says:

Well, you can’t blame people for not searching foreign language programming options. But sure as heck, you are right about Dish Network having a < $55 package that includes FSC. Sadly it does not include Versus, nor TCM. But if one is in it just for the Football, certainly not a bad option.

36. Robby Tent says:

I enjoy watching games on FSC but I will not pay that much when I can see it anyway (non-HD) already

37. Dano says:

No thanks, but then again I work Saturday mornings and miss a lot of games anyways.

38. kevin says:

The business model of $15 a month failed for Setanta why would Fox try the same, doesn’t make sense. With games on fox soccer and espn and more next year why pay the extra money, just look for the streaming online

• brn442 says:

How did it fail for Setanta? That’s not why they went bust. I believe the pricing has more to do with the cable companies than Fox.

• Mike says:

Apparently it worked for Setanta Canada which will still be on (along with setanta-i for canadians) even though that version seems to show mainly EPL games from 10 years ago

• sucka99 says:

Setanta Canada is part-owned by Rogers – one of the largest communications companies in Canada. Not sure how Canadian cable works or if Setanta is a-la-carte up there, but I suspect having Rogers behind you can’t be bad. I suppose if the a-la-carte model were to work in the US, a company with the political heft of Fox would be the one to make it work. Surely they can get on a tier down here where Setanta couldn’t even dream of it – and probably never wanted to try.

• sucka99 says:

They went bust because what they paid in rights fees didn’t offset what they got in subscriptions. The model is that a-la-carte soccer won’t pay the bills and why Fox needs to (and I think will) move away from a-la-carte by next season or they will bleed money as well.

39. robert says:

what the hell, y’know? it’s the day after my setanta runs out. i’d say i can’t justify the $15 for one channel, but c’mon…
    number one: that’s less than a pizza i’d devour in a half hour.
    number two: i hate seeing prem matches on channels i can’t dvr

40. maw4bc says:

the fact that setanta-i is going away kills me! it basically made all setanta matches available on demand. I hate getting up early on the weekends to watch matches. I could basically wake up and flip open the computer and watch the match anywhere/anytime I want. you can’t beat that, esp if you travel for work.

41. Diriye says:

More than 5 dollars is basically suicide. I say this becuase there are two developing gadgets that would basically give people alternative to expensive subscription or cable bills. 1) Samsung and yahoo tv widgets. 2) improvements in HD streaming.

Samsung is openning an app store for tv widgets in July 2010. It is more than likely that we would buy a Uefa tv widget and download it to our HD sets. Next we will buy a Uefa season ticket for less than $ 50. This also opens the door to a direct EPL, Serie A web subscription leaving the middle man, Fox and Comcast, out.

In general Cable and dish network people may be wise to reduce their subscription fee given the reality of widget tvs and imporvements in HD streaming.

Fox appears to be out of touch with reality.

As the poll suggest it is not about whether we can afford it, it is about getting the same product for free or cheaper and leaving the middleman out.

Example

A BBC iplayer downloadable in a tv-widget form + a yearly subscription to the programs would leave the middleman out. BBC is already making a fortune in the increased subscription due to PS3, XBOX 360 streaming capabilities. Fox should be making their decision having these alternatives and trends in mind.

• sucka99 says:

more than likely any rights to such a widget were purchased by Fox along with the broadband TV rights. So if that widget were to be offered, Fox would be the one offering it.

42. dabes2 says:

I’ll do it because I did it for Setanta. But I don’t honestly don’t think this is what Fox/Newscorp wants. This pricing model drove Setanta to bankruptcy. Newscorp obviously knows that.

My theory is that they have no distribution deals done and are trying to utilize Setanta’s existing distribution agreements to avoid going completely dark on March 1.

I expect a relaunch in the fall.

43. Michael says:

“According to several EPL Talk readers, it looks like FSC+ will be launching first on DirecTV and FIOS.”

This line appears in article. I have Fios, so I’m wondering where this line comes from and whether or not it has any validity.

Thanks!

44. DaveMo says:

I’ve been paying for Setanta on DirecTV for the last 20 months, so I will continue to pay $14.99 for FS+. At least to start. Setanta used to be a better deal when they had more EPL games (2008-2009 season), Special1TV, and programming like the Friday Football Show (and anything else with Rebecca Lowe).

How FS+ will compare to Setanta is to be determined. They can’t pack it with infomercials when it’s a pay channel, can they? Hopefully it will be in HD from the outset, which would be a big plus.

But essentially, for me, it comes down to this: there are games that I’ll be searching for that I’m sure I would gladly plop down a $9.99 PPV fee if the only option is missing it. So while $14.99 per month sounds (and is) expensive, it will end up cheap if I get even 3-4 games a month.

45. dstorm says:

Will not pay the $15 for Fox Soccer Plus. Definitely not worth it in my view, as a neutral, with so many games spread between FSC, ESPN2 and GolTV. Would love to have it for the occasional critical match-up, but not at that price.

46. Fsquid says:

For me it will simply be if they have the rugby.

47. Dave M. says:

I am going to stick with it for now even if it is going to be a la carte like Setanta. If the rugby goes away and they do not add any additional soccer content for next season (not a big Serie A supporter personally) then like a lot of voices heard here I would not continue to subscribe. Setanta with all the soccer, rugby, GAA sports and original programming was definitely worth the $14.99/month to me but it remains to be seen what the long term prognosis will be.

48. Gerard says:

I will subscribe to watch the rugby being aired, It’s the same price Setanta was.

49. sleuth says:

Yeh, they have to keep the rugby for me to stay on board, else it’s bye bye !!

50. Cricketlover says:

First, FSC+ will not be available to most people since most cable carriers are not going to offer FSC+ . Secondly, if the programming were the same as Setanta then only will I consider subscribing if and when it became available. The better model for Fox would be to offer FSC+ on broadband like Setanta-i which I subscribed to because Setanta wasn’t available to me on cable. Setanta-i was terrific since I was able to watch matches even when not home as long as I had a computer and internet access. And to boot it was $149 a year and it even included pay per view events. I’m afraid that Fox is rolling out a product that most people won’t have access to. Now that’s just bad business sense!

51. I’d pay $20 per month for it. Very happy.

52. Good day for a Guinness says:

I will be more than happy to pay the subcription, I used to pay alot to get some PPV games a few years back, so the $15/mo is not an issue. I love both Footie and Rugby, so while I am happy about the potential HD, and Football coverage(I agree it will be less than setanta) my concern is that the schedule has Rugby for the 1st week only???
    Setanta was great as it showed obvisously all the Football, but also had attractions like Rugby that made the price worth it.
    If anyone used to watch the Super 14 on Setanta, alot of the games were shown by FOX Australia, surely they could pick up the rights for the Southern hemisphere games/leagues from them??

53. Diriye says:

Succa99

the widgest are developed by the sites themselves. Right now Samsung TVs have about 15 of them. Uefa.com develops these widgest becuase they want to reach more audience. The widgets will only help us watch Uefa matches on our HD TVs instead of being confined to the PC. We still have to buy yearly subscription from Uefa. It makes Zero sense for Uefa to restrict the markets they can reach by only relying on Fox.

Read this article , it is the future. Premuim channels are the past. The success of BBC iplayer is just the beginning.

54. Civrock says:

Looks like DirecTV updated one of their FAQ pages again. Setanta’s dedicated page on there remains unchanged, however.

55. Dave M. says:

Just saw this posted on another site and checked it out for myself on the FiOS on-screen message menu. FiOS officially announced they will be carrying Fox Soccer Plus on the channel that Setanta currently broadcasts on effective March 1. The price of $14.99/month will remain the same. Should be seamless if you have Setanta, no need to subscribe separately to the new channel. You will have to contact them if you do not wish to subscribe to the new channel.

56. CA_backpacker says:

I wish Congress would do something about forcing sat/cable providers to do a la carte pricing. Yeah, won’t happen with our corporatist Congress, but wouldn’t it be nice to subscribe to the 100′s of channels you NEVER watch, so you can pay for those you do?

Anyways, I’ll be paying for FS+ if and when it comes, I pay for Setanta now. Definitely miss Special 1 TV this season though… :-(

57. Spurs Fan says:

NO WAY – $15/mo??? You can watch FSC, ESPN, MOTD (on the internet), listen to Five Live, TalkSport, and more. You don’t even get that many games in the UK. Might consider it if they lowered to $10/month and included Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Aussie Rules, Cricket, and other “world” sport.
    The one thing I did like about Setanta was their use of the original broadcast to set up the game (pre-game), half-time, and post-game. FSC kills it with their “American” studio show.

58. Arsenal Fan says:

*Sigh*.. If i have to pay anything i’ll be incredibly dissapointed. On my current plan I already have to pay 10-12$ a month for FSC! America is seriously a sh*thole for soccer fans.

• brn442 says:

Really? You need to go out more fella. Go ask the average UK based fan how many matches they see on the weekend and how much they pay. For all its flaws and there are many, we haven’t had it as good as we do now.

59. masterblaster says:

Put everything in perspective. In the US, we generally get 6 out of 14 games per week of the NFL on CBS, NBC, Fox, and ESPN. If you want those other 8 games, you’ll need to pay over $300 for Season Ticket…and remember, that’s $300+ for the rest of the games.

With football, we get 5 out of 10 games per week between FSC and ESPN2 for ENGLAND’S football league. I repeat…ENGLAND, a different country. If you want the other 5 games with FS+ or previously Setanta, you’d need to pay $150 more for 10 months of the EPL season.

Don’t forget…in paying that additional money, you’ll also get midweek games, a few other leagues, and Cup games as well.

It would break down to about $3/week to have FS+. That’s for 5 EPL games in addition to anything being played midweek. And seeing how so many people pay $50 for UFC events, boxing, WWE wrestling, and so on, I can’t see complaining about $3 for a week of football.

• yespage says:

We are spoiled it seems. The issue at hand with the switch over is the Rugby schedule and the apparent lack of live Sunday events. While, $15 a month for a significant number of games is relatively cheap, if they aren’t live, that takes some of the fun out of it.

• masterblaster says:

I agree with you on that. It would have helped if Fox provided ANY information other than their latest press release. A lot of people are complaining about not having any Ligue 1 games, but we don’t even know if Fox is in negotiations to get those games or not…if they would be more forthcoming with information it would clear things up a lot.

For instance, either say you are in negotiations with Ligue 1 or say we don’t have the ability to acquire the rights at this time…we just want information!

• jmansor says:

I thought about this before as well, but I don’t necessarily want more games but I want to ensure I see the team I support every week. For NFL fans you most likely get to see your local team or if necessary because you don’t live near your team, you can get Sunday Ticket from DirecTV to get all the games. The EPL coverage has us in limbo, give me a full EPL package option and I will be happy but we know that would hurt the Fox Soccer channels.

60. Lockie says:

I would happily pay the $15 provided I get the rugby programming similar to that provided by Setanta including Super 14, and Tri-Nations in addition to the European competitions.

61. robert pratt says:

Talked to brighthouse tampa,fox soccer plus available in hd starting april 21,The price would be 3.99 inciuded in the sports pak

62. Chris says:

It’s all well and good airing all the soccer matches but what about all the international rugby matches that have now ceased?!

63. Orlando says: