On this edition of the EPL Talk Podcast we are joined by Andrew Cole. Cole is an iconic player of the Premier League era, coming to prominence in 1993-94 when he scored 34 league goals for Newcastle United. He later joined Manchester United where he collected three consecutive 20-goal seasons from 1997-98 through 1999-2000, playing an integral part in United’s treble winning season in 1998-99.
Andrew joined The Gaffer for this interview, conducted on the ESPN Super Bowl cruise. During the interview, Cole discusses several topics including:
- Who was his footballing hero when he grew up in England,
- The story of how he was discovered by a football scout and joined Arsenal as a youngster,
- How the double winning Manchester United team of 2008 would do against the treble winning team of 1999,
- What the chances are of England winning the World Cup this summer,
- His opinion about Rio Ferdinand being appointed as captain of England,
- And much more.
Don’t forget that the EPL Talk Podcast is the only Premier League interview and analysis podcast available for free. In the past few weeks, we’ve interviewed legends of the game such as Steve McManaman, Efan Ekoku, Martin Chivers, Robbie Earle, and Andrew Cole as well as experts such as Declan Hill, Simon Kuper, Misha Sher, Matt Dickinson, Andy Brassell and many others. Why pay $40 a year to rival podcasts when you can subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast for FREE featuring interviews with the biggest names in football?