SUN, 8:30AM ET
SEA0
MON, 3PM ET
AST
SOU

12 Responses to Red Bull Arena Construction Update

1. Kevin says:

Very nice. Did they use the people who designed Readings? I wish the Fire did.

2. nick says:

The dig at LA was unnecessary. We’ll see if you can actually fill that shiny new stadium with fans. I’m not sure you can.

3. Daniel Feuerstein says:

I will admit that I shouldn’t have said it. But that was my very first time in there and seeing the Home Depot Center many times, I was caught up in the moment.

So my apologies.

4. james says:

It looks awesome! Can’t wait to see how it looks on TV. Another SSS that I plan to visit to see some games in person.

5. AngelUSAfan says:

@ Nick, I’m with you with the dig at LA was unnecessary, But one thing I can tell you is that at Home Depot Center there are two thing I don’t like 1) is the stupid Grass on the bottom of the Big screen I think they should make more stand where people can be sitting it feel like if you at the Hollywood Bowl where u can have a picnic. Second and the worst part is having Chivas USA playing in the Same place. I would like too see color seats and the Galaxy log somewhere like other stadium. But I like the New RedBull Arena it look great..

6. Joe in Indianapolis says:

Would have been better without Kartik’s voice hamming it up.

7. Joe in Indianapolis says:

Err… I guess it is Daniel’s voice. They sound similar.

8. Charles says:

Very nice stadium, I am happy for you, but BEST in the US ?
    QWest is the best in the world…..

Plus it is too small, you can’t even fit 30,000 fans in there, much less 50 or 60,000.

9. Daniel Feuerstein says:

To Joe in Indi. I was trying to be a bit respectful there, because other members of the media where doing interviews with Backe outside and they were also filming for their respective papers. So yes I lowered my voice.

But it’s o.k. like I said, I should’nt have made that one comment on the HDC, I was caught up in the moment. My apologies.

10. Chris Riordan says:

Arguing on Qwest Field being the best. If you’re talking about soccer specific stadiums, then it’s a different discussion. Plus, what makes Qwest so great, besides trapping sound well, is the amazing fans. No, that is not a knock on RBNY and yes I’m a huge DCU supporter, so it was hard for me to speak so glowingly about the Sounders’ faithful ;)

11. Gers says:

As a casual Galaxy fan, I’m jealous. The Home Depot Center is rubbish.

12. Charles says:

The ONLY reasons I was saying QWest was the best, is ONE because for ME it is.
    Two, because it is a great stadium, but so are a lot of others.
    But mainly because Daniel was so forceful in saying RBNY stadium was the best…AS HE SHOULD BE, IMHO.