Watch or Listen to Soccer Morning live from 10-11am ET with Stefan Szymanski & Andres Cordero »

THURS, 12PM ET
BOYS
THURS, 3PM ET
SPOR
WOLF

Red Bull Arena Construction Update

RedBullArena Red Bull Arena Construction Update

Here is a video update of the construction on Red Bull Arena from the inside, courtesy of my cameraphone after the Hans Backe press conference.

12 Responses to Red Bull Arena Construction Update

1. Kevin says:

Very nice. Did they use the people who designed Readings? I wish the Fire did.

2. nick says:

The dig at LA was unnecessary. We’ll see if you can actually fill that shiny new stadium with fans. I’m not sure you can.

3. Daniel Feuerstein says:

I will admit that I shouldn’t have said it. But that was my very first time in there and seeing the Home Depot Center many times, I was caught up in the moment.

So my apologies.

4. james says:

It looks awesome! Can’t wait to see how it looks on TV. Another SSS that I plan to visit to see some games in person.

5. AngelUSAfan says:

@ Nick, I’m with you with the dig at LA was unnecessary, But one thing I can tell you is that at Home Depot Center there are two thing I don’t like 1) is the stupid Grass on the bottom of the Big screen I think they should make more stand where people can be sitting it feel like if you at the Hollywood Bowl where u can have a picnic. Second and the worst part is having Chivas USA playing in the Same place. I would like too see color seats and the Galaxy log somewhere like other stadium. But I like the New RedBull Arena it look great..

6. Joe in Indianapolis says:

Would have been better without Kartik’s voice hamming it up.

7. Joe in Indianapolis says:

Err… I guess it is Daniel’s voice. They sound similar.

8. Charles says:

Very nice stadium, I am happy for you, but BEST in the US ?
    QWest is the best in the world…..

Plus it is too small, you can’t even fit 30,000 fans in there, much less 50 or 60,000.

9. Daniel Feuerstein says:

To Joe in Indi. I was trying to be a bit respectful there, because other members of the media where doing interviews with Backe outside and they were also filming for their respective papers. So yes I lowered my voice.

But it’s o.k. like I said, I should’nt have made that one comment on the HDC, I was caught up in the moment. My apologies.

10. Chris Riordan says:

Arguing on Qwest Field being the best. If you’re talking about soccer specific stadiums, then it’s a different discussion. Plus, what makes Qwest so great, besides trapping sound well, is the amazing fans. No, that is not a knock on RBNY and yes I’m a huge DCU supporter, so it was hard for me to speak so glowingly about the Sounders’ faithful ;)

11. Gers says:

As a casual Galaxy fan, I’m jealous. The Home Depot Center is rubbish.

12. Charles says:

The ONLY reasons I was saying QWest was the best, is ONE because for ME it is.
    Two, because it is a great stadium, but so are a lot of others.
    But mainly because Daniel was so forceful in saying RBNY stadium was the best…AS HE SHOULD BE, IMHO.