EPL Talk recently had the chance to interview one of the Liverpool legends, Jan Molby, when he was in New York City to attend an event sponsored by the Liverpool FC New York Supporters Club.
Jan Molby was a legend at Liverpool and played at the club from 1984 to 1996, making more than 211 appearances in the red and white. At the Reds, he won two league titles, two FA Cups and three Charity Shields. Before joining Liverpool, Molby played at Ajax alongside Johan Cruyff.
During the interview, I asked Jan several questions about topics including:
- Why Liverpool is in such poor and inconsistent form this season,
- What it was like to play alongside Johan Cruyff,
- His memories of the first Liverpool FC match he played,
- Whether he sees parallels between the way that Ajax played and how Arsenal play now,
- His memories of that wonderful goal for Liverpool against Manchester United in the 1985 Milk Cup,
- The rivalry between Denmark and Holland – who will be facing each other in World Cup 2010,
- Favorite memories of Kenny Dalglish,
- And much more.
Thanks to the Liverpool FC New York Supporters Club for making the interview possible. If you’re a Reds fan and you live in the northeast United States, learn more about joining the club at http://lfcny.org. And no matter where you live in the world, be sure to check out their highly-recommended podcast, MP Red, which includes a feature-length interview with Molby.
Don’t forget that the EPL Talk Podcast is the only Premier League interview and analysis podcast available for free. In the past few weeks, we’ve interviewed legends of the game such as Steve McManaman, Efan Ekoku, Martin Chivers and Robbie Earle as well as experts such as Declan Hill, Simon Kuper, Misha Sher, Matt Dickinson and many others. Why pay $40 a year to rival podcasts when you can subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast for FREE featuring interviews with the biggest names in football?