WED, 2:45PM ET
SAT, 10AM ET
LIV
WBA
SAT, 10AM ET
SWA
NEW

When and Where Will Fox Soccer Channel Be Available In HD?

fox soccer channel1 When and Where Will Fox Soccer Channel Be Available In HD?Fox Soccer Channel has confirmed that the 24/7 soccer network will begin broadcasting in high definition (HD) in January, 2010. Here’s what we know so far:

• To find out if your local cable or satellite provider will have Fox Soccer Channel available in HD, visit the Fox Soccer Channelfinder and enter your zip code and select from your provider from the drop-down menu. The Fox Soccer Channelfinder will then tell you whether Fox Soccer Channel is available from your provider and if it’ll be available in HD. If Fox Soccer Channel is not yet available in HD from your provider, the tool includes a feature to contact your provider to request the channel in HD.
  • Fox Soccer Channel does not have a list of HD carriers available as of press time, but as soon as it’s available, I’ll post it here on EPL Talk.
  • When Fox begins broadcasting in HD in January, the following games will be available in native high definition: Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Serie A, MLS and FA Cup matches. Plus all studio programming, including Fox Football Fone-In and Super Sunday +, will be broadcast in HD. All non-HD programming will be upconverted.

I used the Channelfinder tool to see if my local cable provider (Comcast) will be showing Fox Soccer Channel in HD, but the answer is no right now. That doesn’t mean that your local Comcast provider won’t be showing it, so be sure to enter your zip code to find out.

If you find that your provider isn’t showing Fox Soccer Channel in HD, definitely go ahead and request it using the Channelfinder tool. There’s no guarantee they’ll provide it, but the more requests that are submitted the more likely the provider is to pay attention.

If you find that your cable or satellite provider is planning on showing Fox Soccer Channel in HD, please be sure to let everyone know by posting a comment below so we can get the word out to soccer fans nationwide.

UPDATE: Fox Soccer Channel in HD will be available on Dish Network beginning February 10, 2010.

198 Responses to When and Where Will Fox Soccer Channel Be Available In HD?

1. man99utd says:

“Great news — Fox Soccer Channel is available in your area on channel 401″…Comcast HD channels in my area are in the 400 range whilst FSC is currently on 728. Not sure what this means, but FSN is the current 401, so maybe FSC will make the switch straight away.

2. nothap'n says:

Should I assume DirecTV will be on top of this since they already provide UEFA games in HD and they kick ass when it comes to covering sports?

• AtlantaPompey says:

No word yet from DirecTv. I talked to a telemarketer from them last night and she said they would pass it along. Oh, and I didn’t get the movie package they were trying to sell.

DirecTv advertises that they will shortly have almost 200 HD channels, but haven’t been forthcoming about what specific channels those will be. I want them to add BBCAmerica, the Travel Channel, and FSC in HD as soon as possible.

3. nothap'n says:

Also, what does this mean for Setanta? I mean, every other network will be showing games in HD (ESPN, ESPN2, FSC, UEFA channels) and then you’ll have games on Setanta with a crappy picture. Not that I’d ever get rid of it.

4. Mike says:

You just made my day man. Football rivals golf and the NFL for quality in HD, it’s just sensational. Three cheers to FSC!

5. Brett says:

While I’m hoping that Directv carries FCS HD when it’s launched, I wouldn’t count on it. I think they’re pretty much maxed out as far a bandwdith right now. They will be launching a new satellite the end of this month which will have the needed capacity for additional HD channels. It’ll probably start “beaming” channels in February-March. I would guess at that time we’ll see FSC HD on Directv.

For more info on the satellite launch go here:
    or
    or

6. patrick says:

I had Directv for what 10 years… and got rid of them even paying 200 early term fee they sucked so bad… The DVR never worked properly, support was awful. and the 120 I paid a month for over a decade they wanted me to pay for a service call when my fifth hddvr would not pause record and needed to be restarted every 6 hours. I’m very happy with my present service that is bundled and saves me over 80 bucks a month.

As for Setanta… does anyone really thing they are around for the long haul…

and can’t wait for FSC HD. the ESPN broadcast is just amazing.

7. DaveG says:

I have FSC on my cable carrier but probably not in HD next month
    sooooo…..
    I politely stated in the form provided that “I spend way too much money on my cable bill to not have FSC in HD and that if they didn’t plan on rolling out the HD channel I would be taking my business to Direct TV AND that I would be encouraging all of my friends in the local soccer community to do the same”
    First one to blink loses ;)

8. Chris says:

My cable provider has FSC but I really dont know if they will acutally get FSC in HD…it will kill me to know these games are in HD and i wouldnt be able to get them. I guess I can cross my fingers and hope I will be able to get it.

9. Steven says:

DOes anyone know if Comcast in the Bay Area will offer Foz in HD?

10. Steven says:

typo, that hould have read Fox, apologies.

11. jmansor says:

ESPN having one game in HD is very spoiling. It is hard to FSC and Setanta in SD. Setanta’s picture is really bad too. It will be an amazing day when all Premier League matches are broadcast in HD.

12. sica says:

I have Comcast and told them the only way I will continue to pay for their Sports pack after the Redzone channel is done for the year is with the addition of the HD channel. I love the weekly ESPN2 broadcast on sat. morning and really wish the few games that are broadcast on FSN (comcast sportnet in my area) would actually be the HD broadcast not just upconverted.

On a side not Dish network is listing two channel numbers 144 and 877 for my area, could this be the HD channel’s spot?

13. Gaz says:

Anyone know anything about Comcast in the Philly area having the HD feed?

The page only tells me that FSC in available in my area and the channel (err, yeah – I already have it). :)

• Jeff says:

I contacted Comcast for the Philly area a while ago and they said they would definitely be providing FSC in HD once it goes HD on January 1st. I kept on asking the person in many different ways and they kept on saying yes. Now I recently called the other day and this person was telling me early 2010. Who knows. Know matter who you get at Comcast everyone seems to have a different story. I guess we will have to wait and see.

• ovalball says:

“Know matter who you get at Comcast everyone seems to have a different story. I guess we will have to wait and see.”

Replace “Comcast’ with “Time Warner” and you have another truism. Amazing, isn’t it?

14. DirecTV is usually the best in the game when it comes to HD sports programming. Unfortunately, it seems like we’ll be waiting a bit for FSC HD. Disappointing.

I’d have to echo Patrick’s sentiments about Setanta. With the massive failure of their UK service, I’d be surprised to see them pouring money into HD for their North American and Irish properties. Not without a significant spike in price for the channel. Not too sure I can justify paying $20-25 a month for one specific HD channel.

Bah…who am I kidding? I can justify paying almost anything for HD footy!

15. eplnfl says:

Setanta has just become available in the Chicago area on Comcast. It’s over $15.00 a month and not in HD. As far as I know right now it’s limited to the City of Chicago. Anyone have any more information.

16. Bas says:

• This One Guy In Detroit says:

“DirecTV in Los Angeles here, FSC will be in HD on channel 619. About freakin’ time FOX got it right :p”

This is the existing channel for FSC. Not HD.

Like I say below, I think this channelfinder application is throwing some people off. (I’m not convinced it’s actually displaying HD availability at this point, though maybe somebody can confirm otherwise.)

• Panda says:

It will be 619 should DirecTV carry it. DirecTV has both the SD and HD on the same channel and if you have HD, it’ll be HD.

• Bas says:

Correct, it might even show up as 619-1 like all the UEFA mix channels.

• This One Guy In Detroit says:

Gotcha. (Someday I’ll get out of this stupid apartment and experience the satellite world!)

But still, I think the original commenter above is misreading the state of things — DirecTV hasn’t formally announced the inclusion of FSC-HD yet.

17. I have AT&T U-Verse and I’m worried about not getting FSC in HD. My question is, why would FSC be taking all measures to roll out their HD in January but not make sure its being broadcasted? It just doesn’t make sense…I mean who is actually doing it?

• Dinomitedan says:

I emailed ATT U-VERSE and got a response today! check it out

Well will be adding this when Setanta goes away. Your marriage is safe
      =)

Thanks,
      U-verse Care
      AT&T U-Verse Tier II Technical Support.

—–Original Message—–
      From: Daniel Rodriguez [mailto:]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:08 PM
      To: U-verse Care
      Subject: FSC HD!

PLEASEEEE get FSC HD! and save my marriage!

18. Shrute66 says:

Not clear yet if DirecTV here in Portland, OR will include FSC HD in their sports package or not. I really, really hope so. After watching the games in HD on ESPN2 and the DirecTV EUFA channels, it’s really hard to go back to FSC, Setanta, and GolTV. Speaking of the latter, I wonder if the GOL people have any plans to move to HD?

19. ngog says:

Doesn’t make sense if FSC in HD is available and DirecTV isn’t showing it. I find it hard to believe. Then again, I’m reading comments from EPL Talk readers who may not know what is actually going to happen with these companies.

I can do without NickToons or some other crappy channel being shown in HD so that FSC can be presented in HD. Shit, just show it in HD for a couple hours per day. That’s all I ask!

20. Scott says:

Has anyone noticed that FSC has totally redesigned their web site and now I can’t find stuff…argh!

new site address too…

21. kent says:

Emailed directv about this and following is the response I got.

“Thank you for writing.

While we don’t have plans to add Fox Soccer Channel in HD at this time, we’re working to bring you even more HD channels in the near future. Stay tuned to directv.com/hd to keep up with the latest HD news.

Please note that I have also forwarded your comments on to DIRECTV Management for review.”

So it looks like no FSC HD for now. Conversely I spoke to a DirecTV rep on the phone and he said that they are adding 50 HD channels in January, but they won’t say what. Maybe we’ll get lucky.

22. Brad says:

Comcast is Southeastern Michigan has it.

Beautiful.

• Joe says:

Hey Brad, what is your zip code? I want to try it out on the Fox Soccer Channelfinder to see what channel your HD FSC is on.

• This One Guy In Detroit says:

“Comcast is Southeastern Michigan has it.”

Where are you seeing this? The channelfinder app is not saying this, as far as I can see. I tried a host of Detroit-area zip codes, and none are coming up as HD.

There seems to be some confusion about this app. I’m not convinced it’s working as claimed. For instance, we know that Comcast’s Chicago and Philly markets have been greenlighted for FSC HD. Yet inputting various Chicago and Philly zip codes doesn’t produce any positive results — it simply displays the existing standard-def channel.

Is anybody getting any results that EXPLICITLY confirm the HD channel?

23. masterblaster says:

What I wonder then is how can DirecTV charge for FSC in non-HD when it’s actually available in HD? Awesome that we’d be able to watch several Champions League and Europa League games on their specialized channels in HD but the best, chosen game would be featured on FSC in non-HD. What’s wrong with that picture?

• AtlantaPompey says:

That was really frustrating during the Champions League group stages: the best games had a crappy picture. I would record another game just to watch it in HD, and sometimes got a much more competitive match.

24. SamSpur says:

Comcast in (western) Mass here…doesn’t list a date on the channelfinder site, but if it’s being added in Chicago and Philly at launch, then it should be in Mass as well…all huge Comcast areas. They recently added Tennis Channel HD…if i’m stuck with Tennis HD but no FSC HD, I’ll be livid!

25. Daft_as_a_Brush says:

877 on dish network is FSC in the spanish language package. Most of the dish latino package numbers are in the 8xx. It is not a new channel.

26. Joe says:

Hey Brad in Southeastern Michigan, what is your zip code? I want to try it out on the Fox Soccer Channelfinder to see what channel your HD FSC is on.

27. Brent says:

Does anyone know about Verizon Fios? I don’t even see them as an option in the finder!

Brent

28. Brad says:

To the guys that responded to me, I put it 48192 as the zip. It came back saying channel 267, which is not the current FSC channel, and is in the area of NFL/NHL/MLB HD.

• This One Guy In Detroit says:

I’m pretty sure 267 was the old FSC channel location for metro Detroit. It got moved to 727 awhile back, and apparently FSC didn’t update its own list.

267 is currently occupied with one of the HBO HD channels, part of a premium-movie bloc. I can’t imagine they’re going to relocate those movie channels for a soccer station — especially considering that the soccer station got moved to accommodate them in the first place.

But whatever the case, like I’ve said, I don’t think this channelfinder application is actually showing HD stuff yet. For that matter, it doesn’t even seem to be up to date with standard-def info.

29. Brad says:

Definitely is the old station, but I don’t have HBO HD channels there. Looks liek that’s probably right though, that doesn’t appear to be a an HD channelfinder at all.

30. The Fog says:

DirecTV does not always carry the HD feed for a channel they broadcast in SD. ESPNU us an example. Also, if Fox wants to adjust the subscriber fees for the HD feed, DirecTV could cut them out altogether – See the VERSUS channel. Let’s hope for the best because of the success of the ESPN2 game and the upcoming World Cup.

The Fog

31. Brian says:

Any idea on Verizon FIOS?

32. StephenLucey says:

Tick tick tick tick tick…

• The Gaffer says:

Stephen, there’s going to be a lot more ticks before HD will be available on Fox Soccer Channel. It’ll be interesting to see if DirecTV will be the first to feature it, but expectations are that won’t happen until late January at the earliest.

33. The Gaffer says:

According to EPL Talk reader @civrock, he was able to get the following information out of Fox’s Jamie Trecker:

> FSC should be available in HD beginning at midnight on Charter Cable, and
    > DirecTV is scheduled to have FSC in HD beginning at midnight on channel 619-1.

34. Chris says:

So Gaffer what is my chances of getting FSC HD. The Cable company I have has FSC on 2 seprate channels…One with a sports pack and one with a cable line up. Would you think they would end up switch either of the two to HD ?

35. Chris says:

Its called Mediacom

36. Sam Davis says:

Just called DirecTV after the channel wasn’t added at or shortly after midnight and the rep told me that they have no plans to make any changes to channel 619 (FSC) anytime soon.

Anyone else out there actually have FSC in HD yet?

37. Civrock says:

Just called DirecTV myself and the first rep told me that it should be available in HD so I was transferred to technical support…

She looked at the upcoming HD additions list and FSC wasn’t listed. She did mention however that the list wasn’t updated since Feb of 09, heh.

One thing I noticed, though, is that FSC HD appears to be available for commercial customers on the DTV website: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P4630030&topnavtype=3

She apologized for it being misleading and assumes that there was a deal reached for commercial customers and that there might be updates for regular users in February or March when their lists and packages are usually updated.

Hmm…

• ngog says:

Very interesting. If it isn’t in HD after today we obviously will have questions until we hear for sure from DirecTV, but since DirecTV’s web site lists Fox Soccer Channel as being in HD for bars and restaurants, one would think it’s going to happen soon.

38. Gaffer, any additional info available from your DTV insider?

39. boringarsenal says:

Hey, fellow football fans, here’s the ‘skinny’ on DIRECTV’s launch of addtional HD channels. This link is from the DIRECTV technical forums, posted on 12.31.2009 (the new DirecTV-12 satellite was launched on 12.28.2009; It’s expected that HD channels from D12 will be available 90-120 days after a successful launch).
    Discussion Forum Post Re: New HD Channels
    Dec 31, 2009 At beginning of post row.
    Fox Soccer is supposed to start broadcasting in HD in January. Sure hope DTV picks it up sooner rather than later!

Reply More Options Hide Options
    Forward | Print | View Similar Content
    not online texasbrit
    texasbrit

Discussion Forum Post Re: New HD Channels
    Dec 31, 2009 At beginning of post row.
    We should start to see new HD channels from the new DirecTV12 satellite in March or so, after testing is complete. You can follow the progress of DirecTV 12 here http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=164555

40. boringarsenal says:

Here’s the YouTube link showing the new DirecTV-12 satellite launching from Kazakhstan!!
    D12 National / Continental US (CONUS) – Callsign S2797:
    * 16 transponders (TP9-TP24) of national bandwidth for MPEG4 HD from 103° * Each transponder supporting 5 HD channels for a total capacity of 80 national HD channels

D12 Status:

* Launch was 12/28/2009 (Monday) at 7:22pm ET – Launch Video
    * It’s expected that HD channels from D12 will be available 90-120 days after a successful launch.
    * After launch and orbit raising maneuvers, DirecTV-12 will be located at 76° [no earlier than about 2/15/2010].
    * After DirecTV-12 reaches 76°, DirecTV will commence in-orbit testing of the satellite for approximately 4 weeks.
    * After in-orbit testing is completed, DirecTV-12 will then be drifted to it’s assigned location over the course of approximately 20 days [reaching that orbital position no later than about 5/5/2010].

Mates, the Premier League is bigger than I thought, really big!!

41. boringarsenal says:

Oopps!
    I forgot the link;

Enjoy!

42. Corey says:

anyone heard about FSC in HD fro Cablevision in the NY/NJ area??

43. Terry says:

FIOS in MD does not have it yet – It would be at 584 if they had it. And if there were plans to add it, I think one of the FIOS people would have updated the FIOS channel lineup in wikipedia or mentioned it in the forums:

And since a few DTV people say it isn’t there, then I’m highly suspicious that “FSC in HD is here”.

44. Brett says:

Just saw a commercial on FSC that said “Fox Soccer in HD coming soon.” So, it seems they aren’t broadcasting in HD yet.

45. dane says:

The Gaffer,

Any updates from DTV? thanks.

46. dane says:

“Originally Posted by Hippeaux
    A very candid DirecTV representative, who also happened to be a soccer fan, gave me a strong explanation of the situation earlier this week. He claims that DirecTV and Fox do indeed have a very strong working relationship, made stronger by Fox’s recent feuds with Comcast, Dish Network, etc. And, of course, they share UEFA rights. He is certain that FSC-HD will be among the first new HD channels added once the new satellite is up and running. That, he claims, could be as soon as the end of January or as late as April. He believes the goal is to announce FSC-HD on DirecTV shortly before the next round of Champions League games, but only once the satellite is fully operational.”

taken from here: http://www.highdefforum.com/directv-forum/92725-fox-soccer-channel-hd-end-2009-a-2.html

47. Albert says:

Does anyone know if Time Warner in Los Angeles will continue to show FSC on 269 along with FSC in HD on 4xx or something or will the broadcast be on a single channel?

48. efiok isemin says:

Please where/ how can one watch the African Nations Cup in Angola beginning on the 10th of january?

49. Nick says:

Spoke with a comcast rep and was told that FSC HD will be added in the middle of 2010 for comcast-Kansas City Subscribers

50. Nate says:

I just called cablevision in Northern NJ to ask for a timeline on when they expect to deliver Fox Soccer Channel in HD and they gave me their usual cue card answer “that they don’t know when it will become available but they will forward my request to the HD department. The more requests they get the more attention they would give to it.” What a bunch of crap! Yeah, i’m sure there were many people that called and requested.. QVC HD, Green TV HD, Lifetime in HD or even PAX in HD.

51. drom says:

I left this comment on directv technical forums…thought I would repost the info here too.

I am hoping that Directv will be carrying this channel too! According to this article Fox Soccer Plus starts on 3-1-10 and will feature the BPL and FA Cup games that were supposed to be shown on Setanta. If you check setanta dot com they don’t list a single game after February. I guess I won’t be paying for that channel anymore! haha!

Someone has to find out what the scoop is…I’m begging!

52. Jessy says:

hey Dane thats great news, hopefully we see something in February… lets Hope

53. shpaty says:

right now on CH 142 it says FSC HD but i dont think its HD doesnt look HD

54. hey! it’s official…fox soccer launched hd today, i called directv they said they’re still testing their new satellite and will add a bunch of new channels in the next month or two..so we still have to wait…bummer! i want my hd now!!!!!!

55. Jessy says:

i want to Cry, :’-) i will check as soon i get to my house…….

im from Mexico, but i love Europe Leagues, Spanish,English,German and from Netherlands!!!! waaayyy cool!!

56. yeah man..if you watch fox soccer channel you’ll see their hd logo is now up..they’re streaming HD, but now the cable and satellite companies have to make room for them..the problem is that a lot of them are full with their bandwidth so they have to free them up, directv said the new satellite will have room for 200 more hd channels, they will make room for a lot of channels like lifetime, hallmark, bbc america,etc…there’s a whole bunch of channels that stream in hd but directv doesn’t have room for them until now..sometime in feb or march we’ll have a whole bunch more..can’t wait! also, directv announced new dvrs for 2 rooms, so now you don’t have to buy an hd receiver for each room , but it will be like dishnetwork where 2 rooms can share the dvr..waaay cool!

57. Wayne says:

ugh … this is a farce.

Im watching a re-run of the milan derby on uverse – the quality has obviously improved from what it used to be, but this is far, far from HD.

58. JYOSS says:

Just spoke with AT&T Uverse tech support. According to them, the channel will automatically switch to HD where FSC is offering the program in HD (i.e. Chelsea v Burnley in 50 minutes). I’m praying they’re correct!!!

59. JYOSS says:

PS – It sounds like its only specific matches, not every match that they have basic rights to air. Also, I’m in Atlanta….not sure if national channels (not regional fox stations) will all be the same on Uverse.

60. Scott says:

I have Time Warner and I don’t know if other providers have this problem but when I’m watching a big game from the premiere league or serie a the feed will scratch up every minute or so. Is there anyway to solve this?

61. pete says:

hey
    great news but anything on dish Network in Chicago???

• Jason says:

It would be Dish Network as a whole. Doesn’t matter if you are in Chicago or Topeka. FS + would be available to everyone — depending on package subscribed to of course.

62. Vlastimil says:

I contacted Comcast in the Everett, WA area and they said they are working on it but there is no firm date yet.

63. Gonzalo Romani says:

I live in West Harrison, NY 10604. My cable provider is Cablevision. A couple of minutes ago one of my carrier’s representative told me by phone that FSC (now tuned in channel 142) will probably soon be launched in the usual HD listing of Cablevision (starting at the 700 channel) but that depends on negotiations been carried out between both companies.
    Can somebody in FSC can give some information on this clue please? Thank you so much

64. Mike says:

The “Channel Finder” is bogus. FSC was moved a year ago from the channel listed in my region.

65. Mchristensen says:

This is a crock…FSC has been insincere to football fans, but have wagged the dog for “soccer” fans for the past year concerning their flimsy stand on providing poignant, and comprehensive coverage of the beautiful game. This HD fiasco, placing the HD symbol in upper right corner of the tube, and the lavish HD intro is scandalous,and exhibits the manners of a scoundrels when we look at the digitized fog suggesting the myth that the picture you are seeing is anything short of slagged re-routed UK signals. Yes, I’ve talked to Direct TV and Comcast, and neither have any intention to provide, or have the ability to broadcast FSC in HD. So, FSC is unprofessional, insincere and worst of all completely arbitrary in their commitment to the market of football fans. I for one hope ESPN, whom I have little or no love for, does them in in the next year. Atleast they go and get the likes of Lowe and Gray. Grow up FSC and give yr’ lies to to the slag, and if you aren’t going HD until March 1st, after collecting the extra cash, say SO!

• Doug says:

Mchristiansen: your SD channels can’t magically be broadcasted in HD. Your carrier will have to add the HD feed from FSC to its HD bandwidth. The HD symbol doesn’t mean your picture is in HD; it means the broadcast is originating in HD.

66. Alistair says:

Mchristensen, they just want you to kick, scream, yell **and** call your television provider so they get added as HD. I’m sure somewhere in the US someone is seeing FSC in HD therefore they can say that it’s available in HD. But, the HD logo displaying during the Arsenal – ManU game is solely there for people to be unhappy that they don’t have that and for them to kick up a fuss and DEMAND it from their provider. The logo is creating the demand which they need in order for providers to comply. A couple of years ago DIRECTV wouldn’t even consider FSC in HD. It’s all change now that Hill’s running all of Fox Sports. All they need to do is fix the shoddy – amateur production quality at FSC and get more bimbos on like they do at Sky Sports!

67. everybody relax, it’s not FSC fault..they did their part and upgraded their equipment to HD and are streaming everything HD, now the problem is getting the carriers and providers to add it to their HD lineup..directv will soon add 200 more channels in the next month or two and will include FSC..it’s just all about patience now

68. dlink09 says:

how can you launch a HD channel without anyone showing it.. its like having a team and no ground to play at.. its FSC fault for misleading people.. they should have made a deal with at least one major carrier before showing bogus HD ads..

69. joanot says:

this is bogus HD.I called my directv about fox soccer channel in Hd (no)

70. Mark says:

This is just such a crock… I tried to phone FFF tonight and not only would let me speak but refused to even tell me where it’s on. My question was going to be. “Hey can you actually tell me any provider in any location that is actually broadcasting Fox in HD, or is this all just a scam?” DirecTV told me to take hike … My guess is that when FSC+ replaces Setanta they might do something. Fox sucks, Other than DT, FSR sucks too (that includes McMahon, who hates Chelsea. He has not previewed a Chelsea game for weeks). God I miss Pat D already.

71. waywithwords says:

I think you’re right, it seems no one is actually able to receive FSC in HD yet, not even thru DirecTV which features its logo so proudly there. I was planning to switch to DirecTV because their rep told me over the phone that they had it now (I called in an irate mood when Man Utd @ Arsenal was still in SD this past weekend), but then I began to suspect that the rep was only telling me what I wanted to hear, or didn’t know any better. I’ve not been able to find out for sure that DirecTV really has it already here in LA. Is there anyone out there who has actually received FSC HD already? It’s looking increasingly doubtful. Anyone?

72. hensed says:

Nope, NO ONE is seeing FSC in HD, that’s why it’s silent. I too am upset. I am a dual-subcriber of Comcast AND UVERSE, just so I don’t miss any soccer games.

I would have really preferred for FSC HD to just say “coming soon” until they got at least ONE provider on board!! But to tease us with the “available in HD” banner across the front of my 60in Plasma, which like all HDTVs, play SD like crap… that’s just wrong.

73. Sam says:

FSC HD!!???… SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!!
    KEEP DREAMING FSC…MAYBE NEXT YEAR… LOL
    KEEP WATCHING SUCK A$$ FSC SD!!!

74. waywithwords says:

My best guess is that since FSC is launching a new FSC Plus sister-channel in HD on March 1st, as a premium channel (& of course with an extra fee), that is the earliest date on which HD might get picked up by providers. But DirecTV should be hugely embarrassed to have been caught with their pants down. Why weren’t they up & ready to go when FSC began sending out its HD signal? Now they look ridiculous with their their logo splashed all over this SD programming being advertised as “In HD where available.”

75. Irate says:

Will likely have to pay another premium for Directv replacement of Sentana with Fox Soccer Plus to get HD – what a crock of #$%$^

76. Albodny says:

Is fsc HD available in cablevisión or IO?

77. RSL4Life16 says:

What a crock!!! I just went to the website channel finder and it says the channel that I watch is in HD now. Wrong I have HD tv and that is not HD fox! I hope they get their shizz together soon because I hate SD on an HD tv!

78. Velija says:

Well on WFD they said that FOX is very bad at marketing and theyre just stating that HD is streamed but not a single provider has it at the moment and due to this i think FSC plus should be in the same packages as FSC not a premium channel

just sayin

79. James says:

From DirectTV:

” How do I order Fox Soccer Plus?

DIRECTV is in discussions to come to an agreement to offer most of the same programming on Fox Soccer Plus that you received with Setanta Sports. We will continue to update this question as more information becomes available. ”

80. James says:

Also:

“Will I still receive Setanta Sports after March 1, 2010?

Setanta Sports will cease to exist as a service after February 28, 2010

Beginning Mar 1, 2010, much of Setanta’s programming rights, including premium soccer games and rugby events, will be transferred to Fox and made available on a new channel, Fox Soccer Plus.”

Seems like Setanta will become FSP, more or less. I think this bodes well for HD coming to both channels.

Fingers crossed!

81. Nobby says:

DISH Network is already showing FSC in HD.
    Time for us Directv customers to bombard them with threats to switch to Dish if they don’t get their act together!

82. juggernaut says:

Hey fellows, I just watched Barcelona vs. Stuttgart on Direct TV in HD! It was on MSG HD and CNE HD. MSG is also about to show the Man City vs. Liverpool game in HD and later today the Olympiakos vs. Bordeaux game on HD. On March 3 they are already advertising the 2nd leg of Chelsea vs. Inter Milan on HD!

83. Jessy says:

yeah, i watch it myself, but these is not new, DTV has been showing most of the Champions league games in HD.

Lets go Barcelona!!! champion again!!! ;-D

84. Nobby says:

Directv has HD on ESPN and most of the regional sports channels, but not on FSC for some reason.
    DISH does have a dedicated HD channel for FSC.
    Hopefully, when Fox Soccer Plus is launched on March 1st they’ll make both FSC and FSC Plus available in HD.

85. joanot says:

Cablevision ; fox soccer channel going HD 3- 10- 2010

• Bryan says:

How do you know this. It’s March 10th and no FSC HD, AC Milan-Man U today and I was really hoping for HD! Nothing yet.

86. Karl says:

I had a problem with my Directv FSC + last night and had to call them to fix it , while on the phone I asked about there HD plans and was told there was a list of HD channels that would launch this year, the rep checked it and guess what , neither FSC or FSC+ are going to launch anytime soon. Oh but don’t worry the F’n “Africa Channel” is on the list. Sorry I switched from Dish now, 1 year commitment left.

87. roo says:

new to this web site so, i apologize if this has been explained already. i am a directv subscriber, watching arsenal v porto champs league match on local comcast sportsnet channel in HD. switched over to fsc to see what is happening between fiorentina and bayern m. fsc claims it is being shown in HD but it is of much, much poorer quality than the ars v por match on the comcast channel. why is this?

88. Kit Wilkins says:

I have Comcast in the Salt Lake City area. The FSC website says it is available in my zip code. I’m watching the Man Utd. vs. AC Milan game and although it says “HD Live” next to the FSC logo in the top right corner of the screen, the picture is NOT HD. I have looked through ALL of my Comcast channels and I dont see another dedicated HD channel for FSC.

Can anyone help? Where is Comcast’s FSC channel?

Thanks

89. Kit Wilkins says:

Thanks Gaffer – strange that is says on their website that it is in fact available in my area though.

90. LR says:

We patiently waited for FSC in HD to come live on March 1, 2010 via Directv. This never happened. I heard that Directv is waiting for the launching of new satellites to finally start carrying it. Who knows when this will happen. Fox or Directv don’t even want to talk about it. What’s going on? Why announce this service now (Fox has the the “HD” display on all their broadcast in FSC) if they are still working out issues before they can actually offer it? Additionally, with the inception of FS Plus last week, which is available at an additional monthly cost ($14.99) to your Directv subscription, those of us who are not subscribed to this service started losing the chance to see some of the better games from the Italian League every week. I was very dissapointed about the broadcast of the Fiorentina-Juventus match via FS Plus last week. I am sure there’s more to come. I felt sorry when Setanta ceased operations at the end of Feb. 2010, but I was OK with that. However I feel even worse to see how Fox will switch their best weekly soccer matches from FSC and FSE to FS Plus. Aren’t we already paying too much for this service as it is? Is this an indication that watching soccer on tv in the USA will become sort of the same experience as watching boxing live (pay-per-view)? Does anybody care to comment?

• The Gaffer says:

LR, March 1st was the date when Fox Soccer Plus was made available on DirecTV, but they haven’t officially announced a date when Fox Soccer Channel will be available in HD but it looks likely to happen in April.

The challenge with both Fox and DirecTV is that they’re not going to announce anything or share any feedback until all the deals are signed and they’re ready to announce it. The challenging part for we soccer fans is that we need to know now what the gameplan is, but most of the TV networks and TV providers are not very transparent at all.

If you haven’t signed up for Fox Soccer Plus yet, you may want to consider going to FoxSoccer.tv instead.

91. adrian says:

It’s not that we don’t know when Directv will pick up FSC in HD. They don’t have any plan to do it. Read the response to my inquire from a DirecTV representative.

Response (Mark Joseph B. – 100335089) – 03/02/2010 01:04 PM
    “Dear Mr. Constantinescu,

Thank you for taking the time to write us. I completely understand your interest in getting Fox Soccer Channel (ch. 619) in HD and I would like to personally assure you that your feedback about our equipment is very important to us.

First of all, let me take this opportunity to inform you that while we don’t have plans to add Fox Soccer Channel (ch. 619) in HD at this time, we’re working to bring you even more HD channels in the near future, so just stay tuned to directv.com/hd to keep up with the latest HD news…”

I and all other suckers like me, who were hoping to watch FSC in HD soon, can do only one thing: SWITCH TO DISH.

92. Slouch69 says:

Is DISH the only provider who is actually offering FSC in HD?

93. adrian says:

As far as I know. Now, believe me I’m not a Dish fan either. I left them last year because they dropped GolTV (I’m a Barca fan so I has to sign with DirecTV). But at least for now, you can watch EPL in HD if you have Dish.

94. waywithwords says:

@Adrian, Do you know for sure that Dish has FSC &/or FSC+ in HD right now? I called Dish here in Los Angeles right after seeing your earlier post, & their rep claimed FSC was HD (as does their website), although he couldn’t say all FSC+ programming was HD. Basically, the guy wasn’t sure & he wasn’t a footie fan. Didn’t have Dish TV in his office so he could look. He said I could go to a Radio Shack or Sears to see Dish TV for myself. I’ll do that tomorrow. But I was just wondering if you (or anyone else out there, particularly in LA, because not all areas are the same) have actually seen real, true HD (1080 16:9 widescreen) on FSC &/or FSC+, on Dish TV, or anywhere else for that matter? As we’ve all seen, DirecTV is more than willing to give the false impression they are providing FSC HD already. I’ve got to see if for myself before I sign up. And I’ll sign up with whoever gets it together first & does a proper job.

• adrian says:

I live in Washington state and I know people who have Dish Network and can watch FSC in HD (some games might not be in HD though). They told me the quality is the same as the soccer games shown on ESPN HD, which is pretty good. As far as I know FSC+ is not in HD. I believe that FOx has a web page where you can enter your zip code to find out who carries FSC HD. If you want to get an ideea about FSC HD coverage try several zip codes.

Now, regarding 1080i vs. 720p. There are several sports channels that chose 720p because when the action is fast the image is smoother (e.g NBA HD). I don’t know if FSC HD is 1080i or 720p. Either way is much better than SD.

95. Food stamp says:

Fsc HD doesn’t transmit in 1080i. Their signal is 720p.

96. waywithwords says:

As a reference point, I was receiving this morning’s Blackburn @ Tottenham match on ESPN2 via 1920 x 1080i @ 60Hz in 16:9 widescreen format. That is definitely (pardon the pun) the best HD that I’ve ever seen & what we want FSC & FSC+ to provide. Seems like FSC & perhaps FSC+ are perhaps providing some kind of pumped up signal that is possibly a bit better than 720 but not in widescreen & way lesser quality than what I’ve described above. Another world entirely! By the way, @ Adrian, I get NBA HD that way, too, 24/7, except when they show old pre-HD programming like NBA Classic Games.

C”mon, get it together, DirecTV, Dish, Verizon, AT&T, Time Warner, Comcast — ALL you so-called providers! Or just ONE of you anyway. Start providing Fox Soccer Channel in top quality !!! & Footie Fans — Call & email your providers today & demand it !!! Make your desires known.

I’m still interested to hear from anyone who has seen with their own eyes that FSC &/or FSC+ is being shown in1920 x 1080i @ 60Hz in 16:9 widescreen format HD. Not “I know someone who …” or “Someone says …” Have you seen it with your own eyes? And where are you located & who is your provider? Maybe only us unhappy folks come to this site. Thanks for your responses.

97. Jim says:

FSC is so lame. HD will make little difference. Why is it that a TV chnnel run by the same people who run Sky (really the world leader in Soccer) can be so amateurish and poorly-run? Why not skip the US injected comment (awful) and just give us the Sky (HD) coverage?

98. noffke3000 says:

Contacted Comcast customer service and received this response:

“Comcast is committed to offering the most HD and best television viewing experience. To do so we are continuing to migrate channels from analog to digital. This will allow us to add more HD, products, services, features & bandwidth. We will share you desire for the channel with corporate leadership here in Philadelphia.”

In a follow up email the rep said “Also to add – we should be adding this to our Sports line up”

I’m not holding my breath. Send your emails to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

99. colneyblog says:

GREAT NEWS! TIME WARNER NOW HAS FSC IN HD CHANNEL 1318 IF YOU HAVE TIME WARNER! WAS GOOFING AROUND AT 2AM AND CAME ACROSS IT. FINALLY GONNA BE ABLE TO SEE ARSENAL THIS WEEKEND IN HD

100. Buchert, Matthew says:

Fox Soccer Channel should be in HD on all providers and carriers. At least you jokers can watch EPL in general. I’ve never heard so many people complaining about SD. Like i said, at least you have the option. For those of us who are serving our country in another land, well, we just are happy to have AFN. My advice, suck it up people. Patience is a virtue that most people don’t have. Eventually FSC, will happen in HD for all providers in time.

101. colneyblog says:

DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG IF YOU ARE AN ARSENAL FAN

102. Slouch69 says:

I watched Chelski go out (woohoo!) in HD on Fox Sports Network just now.

103. waywithwords says:

@ Slouch69: DUDE, DON’T POST RESULTS! I was recording that to watch later. “Friends don’t tell friends footie scores.” Grrr…. And, oh yeah, YEAH!!! Grrr….

@colneyblog: I have Time Warner, but my system won’t accept 4 digits, only goes up to 996. Where are you located? Go Gunners!

104. colneyblog says:

@waywithwords: i am in milwaukee, i don’t know what region you are in, but go through the HD channels i’m sure you will find it. good luck and don’t forget to read my blog :)

• ovalball says:

You may blog on soccer, but you are amazingly uninformed about how TimeWarner distributes channels. Those decisions are left to local/regional managers. Just because you have FSC HD in Milwaukee doesn’t mean anyone else in the U.S. has it….or will ever get it.

Your local manager must be a huge footy fan.

• colneyblog says:

i don’t claim to be an expert on cable television, i was basically answering a question someone posed to me maybe you should read more before you make statements.

• colneyblog says:

@ ovalball..

Nowhere in my response to the poster above me did i say i was an expert, i was simply answering a question posed to me. Maybe you should learn to read before responding to comments

• ovalball says:

All I said was you were uninformed:

“TIME WARNER NOW HAS FSC IN HD CHANNEL 1318 IF YOU HAVE TIME WARNER!”….not where I live

“IF YOU HAVE TIME WARNER CABLE, FSC HD IS NOW AVAILABLE ON CHANNEL 1318 (SOCRHD).”….not where I live

“…go through the HD channels i’m sure you will find it.”….not where I live

I think I read pretty well.

• colneyblog says:

and i am pretty sure i also said i live in Milwaukee, and that it might not be in the region of the said poster. funny how you missed that little detail! twerp

105. Daniel says:

I live in the Chicago area. I spoke to a Comcast rep today via their live chat. According to the rep, FSC Plus will be available by May 15, 2010 and FSC HD will be available 1-2 months after the launch of FSC Plus. Here is the chat log:
    user Daniel_ has entered room

Daniel(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:40:31 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

When will Fox Soccer Plus channel will be available?

analyst Momongan has entered room

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:29:04 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Hello Daniel_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Momongan. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:29:05 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Hi, How are you doing today, so far?

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Im ok, and you?

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:29:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

That’s great and I’m glad to hear that from you.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:29:37 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

I’m doing good. Thank’s for asking.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:30:15 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

I understand here that you have an inquiry on when will Fox Soccer Plus channel will be available in your area, Is this correct?

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:30:29 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

correct

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:31:17 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

I know Directv, Dish and Verizon Fios already have and I don’t see it in Comcast, I am really disappointed by that

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:31:13 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Let me pull up your account first before I answer your question. This is to make sure I provided you correct information.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:31:14 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

To verify the security of your account. May I have the account holder’s account number please?

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:31:49 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

I have my phone #, I am not sure about the account #,
    Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:32:01 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Thank you very much for the information.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:32:01 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Please give me two minutes to pull up the account.

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:32:47 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

sure, thanks

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:36:29 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:37:06 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Fox Soccer Plus Channel will be available in your area by May 15, 2010, Daniel.

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:38:06 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

So anytime between now and may 15th?

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:38:18 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:38:34 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

is there a website/post where I can check on the status when it will actually be available?

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:39:29 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Please visit http://www.comcast.com and go to helpful links, Daniel.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:40:11 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Or you can check in this site : https://www.comcast.com/Localization/Localize.cspx?Referer=%2fCustomers%2fClu%2fChannelLineup.ashx%3farea%3d0

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:41:05 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

One more question, looks like you a very knowledgeable and answered my question better than anyone I spoke to, do you know if Fox Soccer Channel will be broadcast in HD in my area?

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:44:13 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Sure, Not a problem. For Fox Channel on HD, Our system Engineers are working on it and it will be available a month or two after the it will be aired on regular channel, Daniel.

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:45:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

it is currently being aired on channel 401, Fox Soccer Channel

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:46:32 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Dish Network already has the channel on HD, the channel keeps advertising now in HD but it is not

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:46:50 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

I mean it will be available a month or two after airing Fox Soccer Plus.

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:47:14 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Oh I see

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:47:46 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

and this is a confirmed info/statement for my area?

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:48:04 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Yes, It is.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:48:56 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

It has been my pleasure serving you today, Daniel and I truly appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Do you have other concerns for me today? I will be glad to assist you further.

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:49:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:49:13 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Daniel_(Sat Mar 20 2010 22:49:16 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

have a good night

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:49:17 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

We strive to exceed your expectations and hope that you will take a moment to complete the 3 questions survey that will follow our interaction, your feedback will help us to continue improving how we serve you. Please don’t forget to click on the “END SESSION” button and give us feedback on how well I assisted you today. It’s been a pleasure chatting with you.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:51:15 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Do you want to watch full TV shows and movies online? Go to http://www.fancast.com. Thank you for choosing Comcast as your cable TV provider and have a great day! Comcast appreciates your business and values you as a customer. Our goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you need further assistance, you can chat with one of our Customer Support Specialists 24 hour a day, 7 days a week at http://www.comcastsupport.com/videochat. To close this chat, please click the “end session” button at the top of your chat window.

Momongan(Sat Mar 20 2010 23:51:21 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time))>

Analyst has closed chat and left the room

analyst Momongan has left room

106. Daniel I says:

I live in the Chicago area. I spoke to a Comcast rep via live chat today inquiring info n FSC Plus and FSC HD. The rep informed me that FSC Plus will be available in the Chicago area by May 15, 2010 and FSC HD will be available 1-2 months after FSC Plus is launched.

107. Daniel says:

Im sorry about the message being duplicated guys. I have no idea how it happened when I only clicked submit ones

108. Tom says:

I live in Everett/ Washington state and here the chat with comcast rep today.

Tom > Asking about Fox Soccer Channel HD and FS Plus

Zildjian > Hello Eric_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Zildjian. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Zildjian > I would be glad to assist you with your concern. How may I assist you today?

Tom_ > I want to know when the FSC HD and FS Plus channels will be available in my area

Zildjian > Ok. Please stay online as I check on this.

Zildjian > Thank you for waiting.

Zildjian > We are still speaking with Fox about carrying FSC HD and FS plus. There is not definite time yet
    as to when this will be available. We will be informing customers once the channels will be
    available. Please bear with us as we are working on this.

Zildjian > *no definite

Tom_ > So it could take months or years to have these channels?

Zildjian > It could take few months. However it could also be soon as well. We are just waiting for the results with how things are going between the agreement of Comcast Corporate and Fox.

Tom_ > So we have to wait with no definite time

Tom_ > I wonder why other companies already had those channels but not comcast

Zildjian > We are not carrying it yet since we need to have an agreement. We have just not been given any advise yet. I have noted your concern down and will raise this up to the higher department.

Eric_ > Thank you

Zildjian > You’re welcome and thank you for understanding.

Zildjian > Have a great day sir.

109. Chris C says:

I couldn’t copy the chat session with my Comcast rep but he claimed to be certain that Portland, Oregon will have Fox Soccer HD by the second week in April. What was odd is that he first told me there was no such thing as FSC HD and then came right back saying it will be ready in just a few weeks. I asked him if he was talking about Fox Soccer Plus and he insisted that he was indeed talking about FSC HD. Please dear lord let this be true but I’ll believe it when I see it and won’t get my hopes up.

110. manrique240@yahoo.com says:

I find it insulting to us soccer fans that FSC lied in our faces about HD. Meanwhile msg has the champoins league games and other league games on hd. I find it amusing that a soccer channel doesm’t have hd but yet a regural new york based channel broadcasts soccer games on hd; shame on fsc.

111. aj says:

Fox Soccer HD is not really HD, it in no way compares to the quality of espn HD. Just because you say it is HD, does not mean it is actually HD.

112. adrian says:

I’m not sure what do you mean by “Fox Soccer HD is not really HD”. Isn’t it 1080i?

113. Josh says:

Does anyone know the status of Fox Soccer HD for Time Warner in NYC? I know that Fox Soccer Plus launched yesterday on channels 460 and 470 (standard def and HD, respectively), but I was not able to find Fox Soccer HD. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh

114. Frank says:

Hey I just got off the phone with Optimum (Cablevision) and they are offering Fox Soccer Channel in HD to Business Clients only. WHAT UP WITH THAT!!! Everyone who has Cablevision should call and ask for residental customers to get that channel as well. This is a joke we spend our money too and we can’t get the same channel – come on!

115. ripsaa says:

I live in L.A and have time warner and just chatted with an idiot who doesnt have a clue he referred me to my local office and they keep giving me the standard text b.s, does anyone know it may come or should I just go to Dish network.

116. Diriye says:

Good news for Minnesota Area. Comcast will add FSC HD by the end of April.

“As far as the Blaine(MN) system I have confirmed with both the web chat and phone folks that by the end of the month/early May we’ll have the new HD channel. That includes (yes finally about time) Fox Soccer Channel HD. None of the reps have any idea on Fox Soccer Plus/FSP HD but at this point just getting FSC HD is a victory all on its own which I’ll gladly take.”

117. worldcup3dfan says:

directv twitter site now says “hd channels coming later this year” maybe they’re having troubles with the new satellite? probably won’t be ready for may/june…bummer!

118. Dan says:

DirecTV has a list of new HD channels coming in May now on their website. They are adding GOL TV in HD, but not FOX SOCCER CHANNEL or FS+. What a joke? They are adding all these bull sh*t regional FOX Sport Channels too. What is the deal? Is this Fox’s fault or solely DirerTV?

119. juggy says:

Directtv’s decision makes perfect sense. With this move of only offering goltv in hd it means that if you are a dishnetwork customer you could be tempted to switch as direct offers you both major soccer channels and one of them on hd plus many other additional hd soccer offerings. As a directtv current customer, I am certainly not going to leave direct now for dish. Look all dish has is fsc in hd but direct has everything else. The other providers are minnows and it matters little to direct what they offer. They have dish beat and that’s it. Direct doesn’t care to offer two soccer only channels few with direct is going to leave them now that gol tv is hd. I hate it but direct is probably thinking why “waste” an hd channel on another soccer channel when we have so many already being offered.

120. frozzen says:

I wonder if Directv will charge for those HD new Channels, i love Goal tv and with Univision and Telefutura on HD i also will enjoy the soccer match from My country…Excellent move DirectV!! still, Foxsoccer HD willl be missed

121. ElMasimo says:

Its Simple… EPL season is about done … so i dont really care if we dont get it within the next couple of months.. however if we dont have FSC HD by the start of the 10-11 season … Im leaving DirecTV … they know we want it

122. JE says:

I love watching the EPL on FSC being brought to me by Directv but Directv doesn’t even offer FSC HD. Thats smart advertising.

123. Norcal34 says:

On Directv, got see see delayed Monday replay of Manchester City vs Sundeland weekend match on one of the fox regional channels in HD (FSN West HD). It was only 720p broadcast. Someone else said FSC HD was not as good as ESPN2 HD. Those EPL games have been great Haven’t seen any other delayed broadcast for EPL, but it’s almost over anyway.

The FSC banner with LIve HD broadcast is getting even more annoying, the longer it is unavailable on Directv!!

124. norcal34 says:

Champions League Final on Fox Soccer channel in HD in US for big coup for US broadcasting.
    This season’s UEFA Champions League Final is being held on a Saturday for the first time in its history, with a 2:30 PM ET FOX on-air time. The event is FOX Sports’ first-ever soccer broadcast and joins a select few major international soccer championships ever to receive broadcast television exposure in the U.S.

LOL – Not on Fox Soccer Channel since no HD for many including Directv, and at least I’ll see it with the rest of US.

125. I agree the HD logo is getting really annoying on DirectTV. After you’ve watched the Prem on ESPNHD going back to standard is pretty depressing. That being said as a Liverpool fan the whole season has been a disappoinment. Rafa out !!! Jose in… I wish :))

126. rsc says:

Dish Network question – for those lucky ones on Dish that can see FSC in HD – can you say roughly what % of EPL games are truly broadcast in HD? Is it 50% or more? I understand that even though FSC may be broadcast in HD that it depends on the individual game feed as whether you see it in its full glory? Just guess – nothing scientific…

I assume the Fox Soccer Report show is always in HD. True?

• The Gaffer says:

RSC, someone else can answer your Dish questions (I don’t have Dish), but I do know that Fox Soccer Report is not broadcast in HD anywhere.

127. Mike R says:

On Facebook, I ‘liked’ DirecTV’s page and have been reminding them every once and a while that DISH has Fox Soccer HD and ask “Whenwill DirecTV have it? I think they will see the potential after they see the numbers from Fox’s air broadcast of the CL final and ESPN’s World Cup coverage.
    On a side note, DTV are impleminting GolTV HD in June!

128. death to cablevision says:

The cable companies could care less, adding 1 HD chanel costs them money…

129. Mike says:

August 11th, 2010 is what I hear for DTV

130. Joey Kalina says:

It’s now a reality… DIRECTV is now broadcasting Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus in GLORIOUS HIGH DEFINITION as of 5:02 AM CT AUG 11, 2010. Thanks DIRECTV!!!

131. tayo says:

Finally, FSC in HD, it is going to be a glorious season for soccer in America. Thanks Direct TV

132. dannyboy says:

Congrats to those receiving FSC in HD on DirecTV today.

Also hear Dish Network has been carrying FSC in HD since Feb. 1.

While I’m hoping for the best, I remain cynical.

Can anyone report whether the HD signal is 1080 or only 720? Also, is it FULL widescreen or a cropped screen? Hint: If it is 1080, the screen will NOT be cropped, i.e., cut off at the sides, & the picture will be PERFECT. An example of the real, ideal “glorious HD” was yesterday’s US & Brazil match on ESPN2HD. And the early Saturday morning English Premier League matches carried on ESPN last season.

The English Premier League starts this weekend. However, today’s FSC schedule has a match from last season between Man City & Aston Villa, & then there is a replay of this year’s first EPL match, the FA Community Shield between Man Utd & Chelsea. What about those matches?

Enjoy the season, footie fans!

133. francis says:

fsc + HD channel is not enabled on directv

• Joey says:

I guess its going to be in HD on only the matches they choose. I watched the England friendly in HD on Wed. on FSC+ and the Everton Blackburn match on Sat. will be in HD also. 621-1 is the channel. Cheers…

134. jfied23 says:

Any update on when Fios will start carrying FSC in HD…this is getting REALLY frustrating!

135. Colneyblog says:

does anyone have an idea when FSC HD will be available on Uverse? thank you.

136. Beth says:

We have dish top 250 which includes FSC. We pay extra for Fox soccer plus and we have had an HD receiver for 3 years. We cant get FSC in HD never have and when we call we always get some BS excuse. Sick of the lies dish!!! Just give us some football in HD!!! We want to watch Manchester United in HD.

• CONDON says:

I HAVE DISH AND WASN’T GETTING FSC HD. ONE DAY MY DISH WENT OUT. THEY ENDED REPLACING MY DISH AND REMOVED THE SWITCH ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE BECAUSE THE NEW DISH DIDN’T NEED ONE. AS SOON AS THEY INSTALLED IT I GOT A BUNCH OF NEW HD CHANNELS THAT I DIDN’T GET BEFORE WITHOUT CHANGING MY PACKAGE (TOP 250 WITH PLATINUM HD). I THINK ITS A CASE OF THEM NOT KNOWING THEIR TECHENOLOGY OR KNOWING AND NOT JUST OFFERING TO UPDATE THE OLD DISH.

137. Tom says:

Any news on uverse and FSC HD

138. Ben B says:

Have been waiting since Jan 2010 (its now end of Aug 2010) and FIOS still doesnt carry Fox Soccer in HD.

139. Rob says:

I gave up on Comcast and now have pristine HD on FSC, FSC+ for live games and GOLTV. It is great. Not looking back – and recommend you all move like I did. World of difference.

140. Rob says:

Forgot to say I moved to DirectTV

141. Paddy says:

Cablevision doesn’t broadcast FSC in high def. It’s almost an insult to watch it with the screen distorted and have an HD label on it at the same time. After viewing games on espn2 and msg I can’t even watch FSC anymore. It’s really a disgrace.

142. dannyboy says:

Forgot to get back & report the GLORIOUS NEWS that here in Los Angeles, Time Warner Cable is providing FSC in HD (& FSC+) as of Oct. 1, 2010.

Typically, there was no fanfare, no special email to customers — nor was it even worthy of mention in the monthly newsletter! Fortunately, I ran across the new channel whilst cursoring through the channel directory one afternoon looking around the Spanish-language futbol channels.

But I don’t feel like complaining anymore. Maybe all my complaining helped, maybe not — I have no idea. I certainly complained a lot. But I did a lot of praying, too!

So, my fellow long-suffering fans out there — there is HOPE after all!

• PeterK says:

Except in the parts of Los Angeles that are part of the Santa Monica service area — FSC HD has not been added to that channel lineup and, of course, there is no available information on when it will be added.

• dannyboy says:

@ PeterK
        Just in case, try channel 394 which is FSC HD in Venice Beach (which I think might be considered the Hollywood area even though I’m closer to the Marina del Rey area, can’t recall, but I think it’s something weird like that). Also, from my experience with the TWC phone reps, they have absolutely no clue about this issue. Hope you get HD soon.

• PeterK says:

Thanks @dannyboy but unfortunately living in Brentwood means I’m part of the Santa Monica lineup (something the TWC reps could confirm), which hasn’t added any new HD channels since last January. I still don’t even get Comedy Central HD. At least FSC+ is part of the $5/month sports package as opposed to a $15/month stand-alone a la DirecTV or Verizon.

143. Leyth says:

Is there any website that I can check on updates concerning comcast’s lineups? I don’t know what else I can do other than continually checking to see if FSC is finally available in HD on comcast. It’s a shame watching a few games on espn and fss and seeing the games in true hd and then having to watch some of the best games in regular quality on FSC.

Come on comcast, I’ll give back 50 of my HD channels as a trade for this 1 channel in HD.

144. amit says:

FSC now available in HD on Time Warner in Manhattan!! Channel 485!

145. chris says:

any reason why Time Warner in NC gets FSC+ in HD but not FSC?

we get fsc in standard DEF but not hd, yet there is only an HD version of FSC+

annoying.

146. Eugene says:

At last, Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus on Cablevision in Brooklyn! Don’t know exactly when it appeared, but within this last week (channels 797 & 798)

147. samuel says:

Hey guys I live in Los Angeles area and I have DirecTV. Any idea where can i find FSC HD? Is it channel 619?