Andy Lyons, co-founder of leading fanzine When Saturday Comes joins host Kartik Krishnaiyer to discuss the following topics
– a detailed look at the history of the magazine
– the circumstances around its beginnings
– The impact of 1980s fan movements on football
– The impact of 1980s Thatcherite politics on football
– How the 1990 World Cup success for Sir Bobby Robson’s England team brought new fans to the game
– The formation of the Premier League and how it affected the magazine and supporters
– Content and columnists in When Saturday Comes
– The football magazine industry currently, and the push for more online content.
Much much more!
Be sure not to miss a single episode of the EPL Talk Podcast, the only Premier League interview show on the Internet. We have a long list of high-profile guests scheduled over the next weeks each with their own fascinating stories to tell. Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast via iTunes or visit EPL Talk or the archives for the latest episodes.