I Like Craig Bellamy. Really.

craig bellamy I Like Craig Bellamy. Really.

Meet me at the corner flag!

Okay, let’s be clear, Craig Bellamy is wild. He is rash, unpredictable, and probably would be a career criminal if he wasn’t a footballer. He’s got more tattoos than John Mayer’s right arm, more baggage than an Airbus landing at Heathrow, more teeth than Mr. Ed, and he’s played for more teams than Shaquille O’Neal. Oh, and let’s not forget that he’s an exceptional golfer as well…

I’m sure all you United fans hate this guy right now, and you should. He decked one of your supporters after he ran to the pitch on the way to that thrilling finish to the derby match this weekend. But, let’s be honest, if you were running onto the pitch, wouldn’t you head for Toure or Lescott? For God’s sake man, stay away from the Nutter with the Putter. I know, I know—the fan was celebrating a great win, but he really took a wrong turn after the “4 minutes” of stoppage time. Good old Craig found his way over to this guy and let him know what he thought. Hey, this fan should be thanking his lucky stars that Bellamy wasn’t on the 18th green at St. Andrew’s or else he would have ended up with a pitching wedge in his face. (As you can tell I think the fact that Bellamy beat the crap out of John Arne Riise during a training session when they were both at Liverpool is awesome.)

Yeah, yeah, I know this sets a bad example for kids or something. And this certainly isn’t “fair play” or good sportsmanship. But who wants to watch that mess? Not me! Craig Bellamy is a walking, talking train wreck. I bet he won’t make it to December before he and Adebayor kill each other. The best part is City is defending him. Today, City assistant manager Mark Bowen said of the confrontation “Obviously I can’t quote exactly what he said but it was something like ‘Get off the pitch.’” Are you kidding me? I wish Man City had just issued a statement saying, “That ridiculous idiot that ran on the pitch got everything he deserved. Moreover, the fan in question should be glad Stephen Ireland had already gone in the dressing room or else he may have been killed. Welcome to Manchester.”

In a past life, I was known to watch a little NASCAR. It really isn’t all that bad. Dale Earnhardt, amongst many others, was a character. He would wreck, spin, hit, and run over any other redneck that got in his way. And when he was asked about it, he said he would do it again and didn’t care what you thought about it. I mean some of these guys wrecked each other at the finish line and then got out and strangled each other on top of the flaming wreckage. That’s just awesome.

The point is that characters like Bellamy, Earnhardt, and Dennis Rodman make sports fun to watch. We love talking about them. We love watching them. We love hating (or loving, if you’re a United fan) the FA when they investigate this mess and punish these guys. But most of all, we love it when they make the game we all love even better by inserting a little extra drama in a fantastic game of football.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to I Like Craig Bellamy. Really.

1. Huh says:

I don’t think he’s got anything to worry about, maybe a warning from the F.A and before the usual retards come on talking rubbish wait and see what happens. Unlike the hooligan who has already been dealt with by the Police and United. And by the way Neville could be looking at a ban after he sprinted down the touch line to celebrate in front of the city fans, so what you may say, if it’s good enough for Ade it’s good enough for Neville, but this is after he was warned about doing such things as this similar to Liverpool last year (not much of a fuss about this though)

2. Neville was a core player for England and in United’s two European trophy winning sides. He will never be suspended, and probably won’t be investigated either. That’s FA justice.

If City is an “annoying little neighbor” which does not matter, why are United’s fans and players acting as if they won the league again with this one stoppage time victory over a “small” team. Perhaps that massive debt is catching up to them and they don’t have many more days to enjoy supremacy not only over City but over the likes of Villa, or even Blackburn and Everton any longer?

BTW, Bellamy is a City hero already. Less than a year with our club and he’s already approaching Niall Quinn and Shaun Goater like levels for some of us.

• Huh says:

No Kartik, he’s defiantly up in front of the F.A on the similar charges to Ade. The only difference is he has a track record of this behaviour and although it only takes up a few lines in the papers they mostly say he was ‘goading the city fans’ in other words incitement (guess what not a riot in sight!) Imagine how many back and front pages this would fill if this was say Bellamy or any other city player at CoMS in the derby. Why should that be?

3. Patrick says:

When we sold him to City, I was as happy as happy as an Arggie with a mate.

• Huh says:

‘Arggie with a mate’ ur a Utd fan surely just pretending to be West Ham with Fergie’s Xenophobic words coming out of you!

4. Drew says:

When I look at player like Bellamy, I question what could have been if he kept his attitude & anger issues under control. Great player when everything is going good, but the guy seems to burn whatever bridge comes his way in the end.

5. Lyle says:

I don’t think Bellamy should be banned. The FA and England just need to get over some of things, like Adebayor “almost causing a riot”. Too laughable.

6. Greg says:

I love Bellars. Not only for the way he fights on the pitch to get goals, but the way he fights off it as well. I think he has every right to do what he did. When a fan comes on the pitch it should be the stewards job to hold him while the players chin him.

There’s no room on the pitch for fans, celebratory reasons or not, but because the FArce are corrupt Bellamy will probably see a 3 game ban for this.

Unfortunately Neville will probably be charged for celebrating in front of City fans. As a City fan I think it’s dumb to charge and ban players for celebrating in front of the opposing fans. Unlike Arsenal fans, City’s fans didn’t try to start a riot or throw things at the players. That was a United fan throwing things.

7. kel says:

It’s strange really. What if he beome mad and keep punching the fans? Do you still think he makes the sports nice to watch? I guess he wants to become famous and popular because he knows that a lot of fans are watching the match worldwide.

8. andrew says:

so I take it you like joey barton too?

Yea I’m a united supporter and I hate bellamy, but I do like the crazy part about him, but this is football/soccer, they are mostly a bunch of nancy boy europeans running and diving around.

This isn’t american football which is better than rugby and anyone who doesn’t think they are tougher doesn’t get physics. (the people who hook the ball in rugby risk death and that is bad ass)

This also isn’t hockey where chris pronger, iginla or donald brashear could reasonably kill you on the ice.

Bellamy slapped someone. Nothing intresting about it.

This is not a Cantona Kung Fu kick, or a Roy Keane Kneebreaker.

Not tough enough for my tastes, keep this minor shit out of football.

9. The Gaffer says:

I’m a big admirer of Craig Bellamy. The post above goes into detail in terms of his character, but I admire Bellamy more for his exceptional football talents. Being Welsh, I’ve probably had a chance to see him on telly more than most. Sure, he’s childish at times but he’s full of emotion and when he’s fired up, he’s one of the best strikers in Britain.

Give me Bellamy instead of Robinho anytime.

10. Tyson says:

I think he is going to get a long term ban to be honest.

Fans often act like idiots and a fan has no player being on the pitch but he was already restrained when Bellamy decided to take a shot at him.

Fans act like idiots all the time but a professional acting out of turn even when provoked is always going to have to face the music.

Cantona was an incredibly player during his time too but his temperant got him suspended for several months and rightly so. Violence is out of the question unless in self defense.

11. Huh says:

NO CHARGES AGAINST BELLAMY OFFICIAL

Neville also receives a second warning to put with the one he got from Liverpool, but this is very good for Ade making now very unlikely he will face a further ban.

12. Bella says:

ahh Bellamy is one fun guy,i love him to bits