Here are several important updates for subscribers to Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV and ESPN2:
- The ratings for last Saturday’s Liverpool against Burnley match on ESPN2 (10am ET kickoff) were a 0.2, according to Nielsen. The game was watched in 196,041 households for a total viewing audience of 253,779,
- Fox Soccer Channel will offer a free preview of its network on the following cable networks in areas of the country between September 14-20: Comcast Denver, Comcast Fort Wayne, Comcast Indianapolis, Comcast Portland, Comcast Salt Lake City, Comcast Seattle, Cox Phoenix, Cox Tucson, Time Warner Columbus and Time Warner Kansas City,
- GolTV has acquired the TV rights to many of the Europa League matches. For example, starting today (Thursday, September 17), the network will show: FC Basel v AS Roma (1pm ET), Everton v AEK Athens (3pm ET), Panathinaikos v Galatasaray (5pm ET).
- In a recent article about a Premier League match on Fox Soccer Channel, I mentioned how disappointed I was that Fox included a mention in the corner of the screen that the NFL was returning to Fox. I ended the piece by mentioning how Fox’s NFL coverage would never plug FSC. Well, I was wrong. I was glad to hear from Fox Soccer Channel who explained that there actually was cross-promotion during August as Fox Soccer Channel promo spots for the UEFA Champions League ran during NFL on Fox preseason game telecasts on 8/20, 8/21 and 8/27. Nice job Fox.
- During the past few weeks, the EPL Talk Network has added a whole host of quality new writers to its sister sites, so if you haven’t visited them recently, be sure to bookmark the following sites and subscribe to the RSS feeds for Bundesliga Talk, La Liga Talk, Serie A Talk, Major League Soccer Talk, World Cup Buzz, Champions League Talk and Championship Talk.