This Saturday, Chelsea kicks off its preseason tour of the United States with a friendly against Seattle Sounders. Its the first of four matches the Blues will play across America this July.
But before the first game kicks off in a front of a Seattle crowd that’s expected to exceed 60,000, EPL Talk is proud to announce the two winners of a Chelsea grand prize-pack, courtesy of World Football Challenge. They are Roy Bottiggi and Michael Dang. Congratulations both.
Both Roy and Michael win a Chelsea grand prize-pack filled with:
- A new Chelsea jersey,
- Chelsea hat,
- Chelsea mini-ball, and
- A Chelsea scarf.
The correct answer to the trivia question (how many games Chelsea are playing in the U.S. this summer was four). Carlo Ancelotti’s new team will be playing:
- July 18th, 2009 against the Seattle Sounders.
- July 21st, 2009 against Inter Milan (FC Internazionale Milano)
- July 24th, 2009 against AC Milan
- July 26th, 2009 against Club America.
Chelsea’s game this Saturday against Seattle will be televised live on ESPN2 at 3pm ET and will also be shown on ESPN360. Tickets are still available for the game on Ticketmaster. And tickets for Chelsea’s games in the World Football Challenge are also still available.
Chelsea will be flying from London to the United States on Thursday.
Note: If you’re planning on going to any friendlies this summer featuring Premier League clubs and you’re interested in taking pictures or writing an article about your experiences to be published on EPL Talk, please contact thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com
- Photo slideshow from Chelsea v Club America, 2007,
- Photos from Chelsea v MLS All Star Team, 2006,
- Complete guide to summer 2009 friendlies featuring Premier League clubs.