News and Notes
- The US opened its quest for a birth to the U-17 World Cup with a 5-0 thrashing of Cuba. Jack McInerney has two goals and two assists.
- Charlie Davies scored the winning goal in Hammarby’s 3-1 victory over Djurgarden on Monday.
- John Carver has been once again fined by MLS for public criticism of officials. Ironically enough, Carver’s TFC side has dropped seven points to FC Dallas the last two seasons in controversially officiated matches.
- Golden oldie week as Kansas City’s Josh Wolff is MLS Player of the Week and Miami’s Diego Serna wins the USL-1 award.
- Defending USL-1 Champion Vancouver is winless in three matches after drawing with Austin last night. The Axtex tied the match on a goal from Gifton Noel Williams. Williams who has 72 career goals in England’s Championship is one of the bigger name signings by a USL-1 club in recent years.
- Simon Evans of Reuters has one of the best ever pieces written on the soccer scene in South Florida, the area I have called home for 30 years.
- Mo Edu scored his second goal for Rangers in as many weeks following Barry Ferguson’s suspension.
About Kartik Krishnaiyer
A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He is the author of the book Blue With Envy about Manchester City FC.
View all posts by Kartik Krishnaiyer →