Here are the latest stories catching my eye today that I wanted to pass along to you:
- Clough: The Documentary (FootballFilter). During the past several weeks, the amount of attention given to the story of Brian Clough has been enormous — especially because of the movie, The Damned United, and the controversy regarding the book and film. But here, thanks to FootballFilter, is links to the just released documentary about Clough televised on ITV in the United Kingdom. Whether you’re a fan of Clough or not, this is a must-see video.
- Who’ll be Showing Man United v Arsenal, and Arsenal v Chelsea on US TV? (EPL Talk). The Premier League TV schedule has been updated for most of the remainder of the season, and depending whether you have Fox Soccer Channel or Setanta Sports, you may or may not be happy. Click the link above for the TV schedule in the United States.
- Participate in the Fox Soccer Channel survey (Fox Soccer Channel). Nielsen Ratings wants to find out more information about you, the Fox Soccer viewer. Plus the network has questions about commentators, what leagues you want Fox to add, and questions about HD. If you care about what Fox Soccer shows, take the survey now and make your voice heard.
- What On Earth Is Happening at QPR? (Championship Talk). Dan Trelfer writes a heartfelt account of what it’s like being a Queens Park Rangers supporter, and how the club keeps on sinking deeper and deeper into disaster.
- Hamburg Beat Manchester City 3-1 (Bundesliga Talk). DoublePivot (aka Christopher Murphy) dissects Hamburg’s 3-1 win against City, as well as Werder Bremen’s win against Udinese in the UEFA Cup.
- US World Cup 2018/2022 Bid Moves Forward (Major League Soccer Talk). Kartik Krishnaiyer examines the 70 stadiums that are on the short-list for host sites for the upcoming US World Cup bid.
Be sure to bookmark or subscribe to the RSS feed for the daily Premier League news feed, too.
In the meantime, have a happy holiday weekend and be sure to check back to EPL Talk all weekend long for more coverage.