Busy Day at MLS Talk
- We’ll have more analysis of the US current World Cup Qualifying campaign and a look at the daunting stretch facing the US this summer later today.
- The CONCACAF Gold Cup Draw is today.
- I will be on a conference call with FSC later today to officially unveil the Champions League coverage plans. The AP reports than FSC will show two matches a week during the group stage with FSN showing one match on a Tuesday, for every match day including knock out rounds. FX will air the final. Setanta will continue to subcontract Champions League matches this go round from FSC as it has in the past from ESPN.
- We’re recording a post CONCACAF qualifying podcast today for MLS Talk. The show will be released late today or tomorrow.
- Working on a preview of next week’s CONCACAF Champions League semifinal second leg between the Puerto Rico Islanders and Cruz Azul.
- We’ll have a look at Honduras success in Qualifying thus far, and look ahead for CONCACAF’s emerging power in the next few days.
About Kartik Krishnaiyer
A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He is the author of the book Blue With Envy about Manchester City FC.
View all posts by Kartik Krishnaiyer →