Lots of news from England in the last 24 hours (read EPL Talk’s Premier League news feed updated daily). Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Tottenham Hotspur Unveil Future Plans for White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur). Spurs have released detailed plans for their mini-me Emirates Stadium to replace their current ground at White Hart Lane in north London. Download a free guide to the planned changes to White Hart Lane (20MB).
- Why Have We Not Fought To Save Our Old Stadiums? (The Daily Mirror). On the topic of football stadiums, Oliver Holt takes us on a journey through some of the relics of English football stadiums (some remaining, most not), and asks why these buildings aren’t preserved.
- Fields Of Anfield Road Music Video (Liverpool FC). The Farm frontman Peter Hooten gets involved with former Liverpool greats and fellow musicians to record a beautiful rendition of ‘Fields Of Anfield Road’ in remembrance of those who lost their lives at Hillsborough almost 20 years ago.
- Xabi Alonso Chats With Jan Molby (Guillem Balague). The Spanish journalist manages to get two midfield maestros together to interview each other in a very unique and interesting format.
- Setanta Scores New IPTV System (Computer Business Review). This looks to only affect customers in the United Kingdom, but it’s interesting to note regardless.
- ESPN Coming to YouTube, But Short-Form Only (New Tee Vee). No news on whether this will include soccer clips from ESPN, but it could be something to keep an eye out for.
- Last but not least, we’ve received a tip that the world’s third richest man, Carlos Slim, may be interested in putting a New York City soccer team in Queens instead of Wilpon.