Tuesday Quick Hits
- Brad Friedel’s red card suspension has been rescinded and he will play versus Manchester United in two weeks.
- Marcus Tracy scored his first league goal for AaB yesterday. Watch the goal here, and recall last week we discussed Tracy critical late match performance for Aab in the UEFA cup tie with Manchester City, the world’s richest football club.
- Per Steve Goff of the Washington Post, Chelsea and AC Milan will face off in Baltimore on July 24th. Milan will face cross ground rival Inter in Foxborough two days later.
- Brian Quarstad from Inside Minnesota Soccer reports that USL-Live may be free this season and sponsored by UMBRO. This would be good business from USL. As someone who has previously paid for the package, I believe the high price charged by Turner Sports limited USL’s overall exposure.
- Honduras star David Suazo has suffered a terrible injury per our friend Luis Bueno and the Touchline. This is a huge development as CONCACAF qualifying moves forward potentially giving Mexico the break they need to win a game down in Honduras. Honduras is training in Fort Lauderdale this week and I’ll find out what I can about the injury.
- I will be attending the US training session in Miami this afternoon and will report the news, if any from that session later this evening.