For many football fans, it’s a dream come true. The possibility of seeing your favorite team play in a cup final at Wembley. But in the case of Man United fan Phil Spark, it turned into a nightmare when he couldn’t get a ticket to see his team play Spurs in the Carling Cup Final. Instead of wallowing in depression, Didsbury resident Spark did one better by recreating the Wembley experience in his own home.
Here’s what he did:
- He turfed his room with fake grass,
- Installed two rows of stadium style seats,
- Fitted a turnstile to access the room,
- Adorned the wall with crowd shots,
- Installed the Sky + HD box for his 52 inch flat-screen plasma television, and
- Brought in a whole bunch of the classic meat pies found at football matches.
Too bad the match wasn’t that exciting!
Tip: The Daily Mirror.